Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Content not showing up in game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Custom Content not showing up in game? Empty Custom Content not showing up in game?

Post by Guest Thu 03 Aug 2017, 11:58

Idk if this is the right place to put this topic, so if not I apologize.

I've been using the game perfectly fine for the past two days and i wanted CC so I downloaded some and put it in the folder under My Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods and when I did that i launched the game (I made sure script mods and custom content were clicked on) and it's still not showing up. I also made sure all the content was .package files. Any help would be appreciated

Back to top Go down

Custom Content not showing up in game? Empty Re: Custom Content not showing up in game?

Post by Guest Thu 03 Aug 2017, 15:25

Hi there,

Could you let me know which CC you're trying to use and I'll test them on my end as well? Else, check your resource.cfg. If it's empty, insert these lines:
Code:
Priority 500

PackedFile *.package

PackedFile */*.package

PackedFile */*/*.package

PackedFile */*/*/*.package

PackedFile */*/*/*/*.package

PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*.package

Back to top Go down

Custom Content not showing up in game? Empty Re: Custom Content not showing up in game?

Post by Guest Fri 04 Aug 2017, 00:02

Hi Smile

Here's some of the CC I've tried using (It won't let me link them so i put the exact google search words)
3D Lashes version2 Kijiko
Xmiramira Skin Tones 2
Savage Sims Glo Up Collection

Also, how do I check the resource.cfg (sorry if its a dumb question)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Aug 2017, 14:24

Hi, thanks, I'll try it out if I'm able to find them soon.
The resource.cfg can be found in C:\Users\User\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods -> Take note the mods folder will be auto created after you start the game once.

EDIT:
I have tested the above mods and they appeared in my CAS.
3D Lashes version2 Kijiko -> Under Accessories
Xmiramira Skin Tones 2 -> At the normal face/skin
Savage Sims Glo Up Collection -> Under skin details. Note that if you use this, you can't use xmirara skin tones. Like it won't have any effect on the skin color.

Last edited by Ageha on Fri 04 Aug 2017, 15:42; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : tested out the mods)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Aug 2017, 02:02

I opened the resource.cfg in notepad and just copy and pasted that into there. I'm going to start up my game and see if the CC shows up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Aug 2017, 02:34

dvbledee wrote:I opened the resource.cfg in notepad and just copy and pasted that into there. I'm going to start up my game and see if the CC shows up.
Hi, 

Does the mod appear now after you've edited the .cfg file?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top