Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Content Not Showing Up In Game Since Seasons recent Update

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Custom Content Not Showing Up In Game Since Seasons recent Update Empty Custom Content Not Showing Up In Game Since Seasons recent Update

Post by Guest Tue 21 Aug 2018, 23:57

Hi!

I have spent all night and part of the next day re-downloading Sims 4 expansions from this website. The game works perfectly, however I can not get cc to work or show up at all within the game.  I have checked and re-checked the mods and scripts button within game, have emptied out Mods and Tray folders. Everything I could think of I have done to no avail.  I have also studied this site and others for possible solutions and nothing.  Please help as I have been going through Sims 4 withdrawal for the past few days! Any help accepted, will try anything! Thanks, thanks, thanks! You guys rock of course Smile

Back to top Go down

Custom Content Not Showing Up In Game Since Seasons recent Update Empty Re: Custom Content Not Showing Up In Game Since Seasons recent Update

Post by Guest Wed 22 Aug 2018, 11:02

Perhaps you have more than one folders The Sims 4 in Documents\Electronic Arts.
Maybe you are playing in a different language and your mods/cc is in another Sims 4 folder.
In that case move them over to the Sims 4 folder in your chosen language.

Custom Content Not Showing Up In Game Since Seasons recent Update Locations_orig

In the above example I have 3 Sims 4 folders (Dutch, French and English)
Should I have installed the mods/cc in the Dutch version, they will not be visible in the French or English folders.

Back to top Go down

Custom Content Not Showing Up In Game Since Seasons recent Update Empty Re: Custom Content Not Showing Up In Game Since Seasons recent Update

Post by Guest Wed 22 Aug 2018, 22:00

Hi Tarac!

Unfortunately I do not have this issue, I wish I did as I could be playing my game by now.   Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Aug 2018, 01:32

If you emptied out Mods folder then you probably deleted "Resource.cfg" file. It's a text file, this is the default content:
Priority 500
PackedFile *.package
PackedFile */*.package
PackedFile */*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*.package

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Aug 2018, 19:12

That might be it! I will look it up and place it there and test it out!

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Aug 2018, 19:20

Tried it, did not work either, no mods.  Wat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Aug 2018, 19:50

Post a screenshot of what's inside your Mods folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 23 Aug 2018, 20:52

mjrosen69 wrote:That might be it! I will look it up and place it there and test it out!

Thanks!

Re-starting the game, and exiting it again on the main menu also re-creates a destroyed or deleted Mods-folder, which you could also try. In case you did not create the Resource.cfg correctly: one possible mistake is that you made this into a Resource.txt file, when it should be Resource.cfg file.

Under "Save as" when creating the document, see if it lets you choose the .cfg format. Otherwise, if your Windows settings show the extension .txt, rename your file and delete the .txt. Put .cfg in its place.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Aug 2018, 22:48

Many updates, patches, installations of new DLC's switch off the use of CC.
Check the main menu of the Sims 4 to see if CC is enabled.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top