Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black screen [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Black screen [SOLVED] Empty Black screen [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 16 Aug 2017, 03:36

I really don't know what to do anymore.

I've tried installing the game three times tonight, following the instructions in the post to the letter. It's updated all the way to fitness, but when I open the game, I get the cursor, I get sound, but the screen remains black.

I've hunted around on the forum, and I've tried deleting the gameversion.txt file, as well as deleting the entire Electronic Arts folder from my documents. I've tried running it in windowed mode, and tried all three at the same time, but nothing seems to work. (I tried running the game with only Get Together and Get To Work installed, and it worked perfectly then.)

My drivers are up to date, so the problem can't be there either. I half-suspect it's got something to do with updating the game, but it happens automatically whenever you install the expansions, right? (And copying the files to the correct folder is how you install them, right?)

Can anyone help me with this? I really want to play the game.

I'm running win10, if that helps.

Back to top Go down

Black screen [SOLVED] Empty Re: Black screen [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 16 Aug 2017, 05:35

After tearing half my hair out, it turns out there was a beta driver for my graphics card that did not get picked up by the driver update, nor by the manufacturer. After going to AMD's website, I found the beta driver.

After installing it, the problem went away.

I could have deleted my post, but i saw that someone else was struggling with the same thing a few days ago, so I'm leaving it up, and hopefully this information will be able to help someone else out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Aug 2017, 12:46

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the solution with us as well. I hope it'll help the simmers who have faced similar problems and done everything mentioned as well.
Feel free to open a new topic, should you encounter any other bugs/problems later on in the game.
I'll be marking this thread as 'solved' to let simmers know.
Cheers! Very Happy Very Happy

Problem solved; Topic closed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top