Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toddler stuff problem: Game won't start. [SOLVED]

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Toddler stuff problem: Game won't start. [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Toddler stuff problem: Game won't start. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 26 Aug 2017, 14:32

First topic message reminder :

I just installed the new pack and now the game won't start, what should i do?

Back to top Go down

Toddler stuff problem: Game won't start. [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Toddler stuff problem: Game won't start. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 28 Aug 2017, 09:28

Delete existing folder Game from your install folder C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4
Replace by THIS ONE

Extract with winrar of course

Back to top Go down

Toddler stuff problem: Game won't start. [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Toddler stuff problem: Game won't start. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 28 Aug 2017, 17:01

katiekat2351 wrote:
RoZa wrote:
katiekat2351 wrote:I was experiencing this issue so here's what i did
#1 re-extract the files and copy them over again
#2 download the error code 3 fix and follow the instructions (don't really know if this did anything but I think it did)
#3 If You just re-named the old game folder copy the new files to that folder then name it back to game
#4 if you deleted the game folder move it to a different location then copy the new files and move the folder back into where you installed the sims 4

Im not saying this will work for everyone but this did work for me

Hope this helps!!!!!

Would you mind clarifying what you mean with these steps? I was able to get the game to work, only the endless loading screen was back when I chose an existing household to play. And so I tried to add the new Game folder and add the fix all over again, and now my game won't start up at all.
I'm just wondering what exactly it was that you did. Do you have both the previous Game folder and the new one at the same time? Did you copy and replace existing files into the Game folder that was already there?
i didn't have the issue with the endless loading screen but i know some people were having the same issue.
When i installed the pack i just renamed my original game folder to game_ like it said in the instructions and copied over the new one.
When i was originally trying to fix this issue i noticed that there was more files in the original game folder.
so i copied everything form the new game folder to the game_ folder and deleted the new one.
after deleting the new one i renamed the old folder to game and when i started up the game it worked fine

To try and fix the endless loading screen you can try to apply the error code 3 fix but i honestly don't know what to do about that

Best of luck to you in trying to fix your game!

Thank you so much! I managed to fix it with a solution that the G4TW team posted on facebook, but I really appreciate you responding and explaining to me! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Aug 2017, 21:50

pixelobsessionz wrote:
Delecia wrote:I just started again from scratch and reinstalled everything. Works now
Thanks Smile
what exactly did you do? I've reinstalled from scratch (following instructions to a T) and my game just freezes on the loading screen.
just the exact steps i did before, the ones in the Must Read topic
did you try what the admin just said?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Aug 2017, 22:59

Hey, I was having problems too, so I wanted to post what worked for me in case anyone else has problems:

- I followed G4TW's instructions for downloading Toddler Stuff 
- I applied the Error 3 fix (just in case)
- I copied/pasted the contents of the newly created "Game" folder into my recently renamed "Game_" folder (because I never deleted it). 
- Then I deleted the new folder, and renamed my "Game_" folder back to "Game". 
- I opened the game and it works!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Aug 2017, 12:18

Problem has been solved; Topic closed.

If anyone has any questions/bug, feel free to open a new topic.

Cheers! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top