Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game is now in Spanish?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game is now in Spanish? Empty Game is now in Spanish?

Post by Guest Mon 28 Aug 2017, 02:08

Installed Toddlers stuff and now my game is in spanish...
Installed the Error Code 3 patch and my RldOrigin.ini has language set to english... but still in spanish when I load it.
Any other ideas on how to fix this? Thank you in advance.

Back to top Go down

Game is now in Spanish? Empty Re: Game is now in Spanish?

Post by Guest Mon 28 Aug 2017, 07:35

I have the same problem!!! Let me know if you find a fix!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Aug 2017, 14:55

Am I allowed to bump posts? bump...
Need to find an answer to this... tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything and its STILL in spanish. Didn't have this problem until after I installed Toddlers Stuff Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Aug 2017, 15:20

mwolf16 wrote:Am I allowed to bump posts? bump...
Need to find an answer to this... tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything and its STILL in spanish. Didn't have this problem until after I installed Toddlers Stuff Sad
Hi there!

After editing the RldOrigin.ini file, did you run the game as administrator as well?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Aug 2017, 15:23

Yes I did.... still in spanish. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Aug 2017, 15:24

Wait... need to edit my post. I didnt need to change the language in rldorigin.ini because it was already set as english... so not sure why it was coming up in spanish in the first place

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Aug 2017, 15:33

mwolf16 wrote:Wait... need to edit my post. I didnt need to change the language in rldorigin.ini because it was already set as english... so not sure why it was coming up in spanish in the first place
I see. Did you have more than one Game folder perhaps? If you do, delete any Game_ folder you have, and try running the game from Game\Bin instead of the shortcut. I'll see if my game on my end does the same thing. 

EDIT:
@mwof16 : Hey, so I just updated my game and my game is in english after pasting the 3 files from the error code fix. If yours is till in spanish, try to do what Tarac had mentioned at the other thread, or you can try to change to the language to french and then back to english.

Do keep me updated (here) if any of it works for you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Aug 2017, 05:26

Ageha wrote:
mwolf16 wrote:Am I allowed to bump posts? bump...
Hi there!

After editing the RldOrigin.ini file, did you run the game as administrator as well?
I have tried following the post about changing the language of the game, but every time I have finished editing the language, it says I can not save the changes I have made, because I do not have permission... I also noticed that my "RldOrigin.ini" file is only named as "RldOrigin" without the ".ini". I followed the steps properly on the intallation guide (as I noticed some admin-ish people were saying that the issues were caused by people not following the steps properly...) and I have also tried playing the game in Spanish, but I get through create a sim and then there are no worlds. I'm beginning to get frustrated with how stumped I am...  Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Aug 2017, 07:28

Don't worry! the games4theworld team are working on an updated topic about changing the in game language

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Aug 2017, 11:55

countryquxxn10 wrote:I have tried following the post about changing the language of the game, but every time I have finished editing the language, it says I can not save the changes I have made, because I do not have permission... I also noticed that my "RldOrigin.ini" file is only named as "RldOrigin" without the ".ini". I followed the steps properly on the intallation guide (as I noticed some admin-ish people were saying that the issues were caused by people not following the steps properly...) and I have also tried playing the game in Spanish, but I get through create a sim and then there are no worlds. I'm beginning to get frustrated with how stumped I am...  Crying or Very sad
Hi there and welcome to the forum!

Is your game updated to the latest patch (1.33), which is the Toddler's stuff pack? If yes, have you downloaded the error code 3 fix here? You might not have the error pop up, like me, but it did managed to fix my missing worlds and I'm able to play it in english. Regarding the RldOrigin.ini, the link I provided included one as well, so if by chance you could not find it, now you will definitely have one. And if you can't save the file in future, right - click on the file -> Properties -> Under General -> Un-check Read-Only and press Ok

PS: Check under Documents\EA, you should find the folder Los Sims 4. You can delete that before starting the game as administrator after doing all the above.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Sep 2017, 23:35

Just edit RldOrigin.txt on the "Game/Bin/" folder, instead of "es_ES" do "en_US".

If a problem appears like invalid access or about if u dont have admin permissons. Copy the file in to your desktop. Edit it. Move it back to the game folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Sep 2017, 10:58

Download THIS NEW GAME FOLDER
Extract with Winrar
Delete the existing folder Game from your install folder Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4
Replace with the jusy downloaded folder

Mod edit: URL shortened.

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Sep 2017, 02:55

Ageha wrote:
countryquxxn10 wrote:I have tried following the post about changing the language of the game, but every time I have finished editing the language, it says I can not save the changes I have made, because I do not have permission... I also noticed that my "RldOrigin.ini" file is only named as "RldOrigin" without the ".ini". I followed the steps properly on the intallation guide (as I noticed some admin-ish people were saying that the issues were caused by people not following the steps properly...) and I have also tried playing the game in Spanish, but I get through create a sim and then there are no worlds. I'm beginning to get frustrated with how stumped I am...  Crying or Very sad
Hi there and welcome to the forum!

Is your game updated to the latest patch (1.33), which is the Toddler's stuff pack? If yes, have you downloaded the error code 3 fix here? You might not have the error pop up, like me, but it did managed to fix my missing worlds and I'm able to play it in english. Regarding the RldOrigin.ini, the link I provided included one as well, so if by chance you could not find it, now you will definitely have one. And if you can't save the file in future, right - click on the file -> Properties -> Under General -> Un-check Read-Only and press Ok

PS: Check under Documents\EA, you should find the folder Los Sims 4. You can delete that before starting the game as administrator after doing all the above.
So I just got onto my computer again and I tried this and it worked for me. Thank you so much! (and for the quick reply) I have all my worlds, saves and English back and I will remember what you said about saving the file in the future! Thanks again!  cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Sep 2017, 10:29

countryquxxn10 wrote:So I just got onto my computer again and I tried this and it worked for me. Thank you so much! (and for the quick reply) I have all my worlds, saves and English back and I will remember what you said about saving the file in the future! Thanks again!  cheers
Glad to hear you've managed to change it and it's working now!
Feel free to open a new topic should you encounter any bugs/problems in-game. Cheers! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top