Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need help replacing some poofed packs...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Need help replacing some poofed packs... Empty Need help replacing some poofed packs...

Post by Guest Thu 31 Aug 2017, 21:42

Long time lurker here, but now I've got a problem I can't fully solve without some help.
Like many people here, I have the issue where after installing the toddlers stuff update, I now lock up when clicking the toddlers popup on the main screen. (On occasion I lock up on loading... but that's if I didn't delete the Sims 4 folder in Documents.)
So after scouring these forums and trying everything I came across, I was sitting here staring at the inside of my game folder and found something odd... many of my packs were missing E3, GP 4 and 5, and SP 8-11. I -know- I used to have them all. The Delta folder confirms it too. So I look in my Downloads folder to reinstall the missing ones. Yep... gone there too. I suspect virus scanner or Windows update Both of which I did earlier this week. So.. off to redownloading.

Ok.. long story short (kinda?). I've gotten hold of most of the packs here on G4tW to download again, but there are some I can't find. Namely Backyard and Vintage Glamor. (Bowling I believe is packed with Vampires and is labeled as a version update rather than by name...) Does anyone have a link to those G4TW downloads so I can grab them and get back into (hopefully) working order?

Please and thank you Smile

Back to top Go down

Need help replacing some poofed packs... Empty Re: Need help replacing some poofed packs...

Post by Guest Fri 01 Sep 2017, 12:43

Hi there!

Both of those two, backyard and vintage glamour are included in the City Living DLC. Once you have updated again, it should appear in your game.

If you're thinking of re-installing, either start from scratch, or start from the DLCs which are missing, and then updated the next DLCs by order. The guide here tells you what is included inside those DLCs as well.

Do keep us updated!

Back to top Go down

Need help replacing some poofed packs... Empty Re: Need help replacing some poofed packs...

Post by Guest Sat 02 Sep 2017, 21:22

Thank you very much, this did indeed fix it. I decided to play it safe and fully uninstalled Sims 4. (Including going into the registry and cleaning there too.) Then I started from scratch, following the instruction for the order. And yep... most all of what I was missing was to be found in the City Living pack. Very Happy

After I had the Toddler stuff in I got curious and ran some tests. With having the game gen a new, clean sims 4 folder in Documents... it launched great. Added in my old Mods folder and the Tray folder... still good. Added in my Save folder. Beeep. Error code 3. Remove Save... good. Fascinating! Add Save and error code 3 fix... good.

I don't know why poking around like that to narrow down the issue on something that already had a fix was so enjoyable for me. LOL But it was. I would love to take it farther and narrow down to the exact conflict and the why, but sadly I don't think I have the ability to do that. Sad
(Used to completely take apart anything I could get my hands on as a kid. Was even able to get [most of] them put back together again.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Sep 2017, 14:47

Carlos is tha man!!!

It's good to know that the error code 3 was fix after you removed the saves? Or perhaps you did download the fix provided here perhaps? If not, that might be an additional suggestion for users facing similar problems.

Finding solutions on your own can indeed be enjoyable. Just don't stress out too much if you can't find an answer though. Lol. Very Happy Are you currently facing any bugs in-game? Or is the game now running smoothly?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Sep 2017, 18:28

Hi,
Sorry for the delay. RL and all of that annoying junk. lol

Anyway, when I noticed the error code 3 came back when I added the save folder, and went away when I removed it again... I was able to go back and forth (and did a couple times) adding and removing the save folder. It was pretty exclusive. Save folder in... error. Remove Save... no error. With no save folder, I was able to launch as far as making a new household and getting it into the pick a world screen with no issue.

I didn't see if I could go farther, as I decided I really didn't want to have to start my game over again (was really enjoying the family I had before) and so closed the game, added back in my old save and then applied the error code 3 fix. Of course the fix fixed it all and I loaded up my old family.

I do fully believe that the old save folder was the sole culprit for the error code 3, as I was able to recreate it multiple times just by adding and removing that folder. (-What- exactly in the folder did it, I do not know.) Also I suspect if I had left the folder out and not applied the fix, I would have been able to continue just fine with the tester household I had made. (Although as I didn't vigorously test it, I of course cannot say it with 100% surety.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Sep 2017, 10:57

Hey there,

Ah I see. Personally, on my end, I did not encounter any error code 3 pop-ups after updating, but I decided to install the fix just to be safe. Lol. Of course, that manages to fix my in-game language from Spanish to English, although a lot of people still have theirs stuck in Spanish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top