Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 showing up on Task Manager but not Playing.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 showing up on Task Manager but not Playing. Empty Sims 3 showing up on Task Manager but not Playing.

Post by Guest Thu 07 Sep 2017, 00:47

I decided to bring Sims 3 back from the dead (since I'm going to wait for Sims 4 Pets to come out in November) so I downloaded the Sims 3 complete collection. When I tried to find the PowerIso file in the Sims 3 base game, (with the collection), I couldn't find it. So I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it, all seemed to be ok. Until I tried to click it, nothing happened. So, I opened my Task Manager, and it showed the Sims 3 Launcher was working but nothing showed up. My Sims 4 is still mounted on PowerIso but I can't unmount it to let Sims 3 have a go. So I'm not sure what's going on. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Smile

P.S. I'm on Windows Vista (Sims 3 has worked on here before I had any problems).

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 showing up on Task Manager but not Playing. Empty Re: Sims 3 showing up on Task Manager but not Playing.

Post by Guest Thu 07 Sep 2017, 10:45

The easiest way to play/repair your Sims 3 is via ZLOrigin.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 showing up on Task Manager but not Playing. Empty Re: Sims 3 showing up on Task Manager but not Playing.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 07 Sep 2017, 16:49

ShadowKarr wrote:I decided to bring Sims 3 back from the dead (since I'm going to wait for Sims 4 Pets to come out in November) so I downloaded the Sims 3 complete collection. When I tried to find the PowerIso file in the Sims 3 base game, (with the collection), I couldn't find it. So I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it, all seemed to be ok. Until I tried to click it, nothing happened. So, I opened my Task Manager, and it showed the Sims 3 Launcher was working but nothing showed up. My Sims 4 is still mounted on PowerIso but I can't unmount it to let Sims 3 have a go. So I'm not sure what's going on. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Smile

P.S. I'm on Windows Vista (Sims 3 has worked on here before I had any problems).

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

There is no .ISO file in the G4TW "Complete Collection". You only need to extract all contents of the .rar file, in a fresh folder, for example on the desktop, and with WinRAR. Bear in mind the extraction can take a while. When done follow the included installation guide.

I don't know what exactly you did, but if you feel the game was installed correctly, please try this here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t23881-game-doesn-t-start-no-specific-error-fix

Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Sep 2017, 02:49

Thanks for replying, guys. Okay, here's what I did: I remembered a Sims 3 fix that I completely forgot about so I did that. Good news is, Sims 3 opens but the bad news is Sims 3 stops working!! I know I probably put the Expansions and Stuff Packs in the wrong place (in the Sims 3 Folder itself) so I checked the Installation Guide that came with the Sims 3 Complete Collection but there's nothing to say where to install them.

P.S. Ok, after I 'installed' a couple of Packs (Late Night and Pets from the Complete Collection) the launcher does come up but it says that there was an error during startup. Please see the Log for more details.

Last edited by ShadowKarr on Thu 14 Sep 2017, 04:00; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : To Put More Info)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top