Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TS3w.exe just sits in the task manager

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TS3w.exe just sits in the task manager Empty TS3w.exe just sits in the task manager

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jun 2012, 02:12

Okay, so I installed World Adventures, Ambitions, Generations, and Pets. I followed this: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly I'm pretty sure I did it correctly(applied the original files provided in the fix, manually patched, then cracked the game). I open up the Sims 3 Launcher, so far it says the game's up to date. I click Play and... that's where it stops. Nothing happens, the Sims 3 Launcher just closes. I opened up Task Manager and TS3W.exe *32 was there. It just sat there. It did nothing else.

I have Windows 7 and I've already added the exe's to the exception list for DEP. What's the problem?

Back to top Go down

TS3w.exe just sits in the task manager Empty Re: TS3w.exe just sits in the task manager

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jun 2012, 06:59

What kind of crack did you place in The Sims 3 Bin?
The cracks are sometimes out of service

Back to top Go down

TS3w.exe just sits in the task manager Empty Re: TS3w.exe just sits in the task manager

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jun 2012, 11:51

As I've said, I used the crack provided in the (updated for patch 1.34)fix. I followed the guide to the letter. I'll also add that I have installed the mentioned expansion packs before and I believe I also used this fix. I think it was still at patch 1.2x back then. It worked before so I'm at a loss.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 12 Jun 2012, 20:49

Hello,

Do you have any Mods or Custom Content?
You can also try playing without the launcher.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Jun 2012, 00:03

I have no mods or custom content installed. I have also tried playing without the launcher but the same thing happens.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 13 Jun 2012, 17:30

Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jun 2012, 00:33

I tried what you suggested. Unfortunately, they didn't work for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 14 Jun 2012, 17:04

Hello,

That's odd. Please contact me via the Forum's chatbox when you see me online on the Forum.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Jun 2012, 05:17

Okay then. I won't be able to chat today, but I may have time the next day. I'll also note that I've also tried using mini-images, but they gave the same result.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 15 Jun 2012, 14:21

Hello,

If you use the crack correctly, there's no need to insert any discs or to mount an image.
Hope to see you in the chatbox soon.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jun 2012, 18:03

I removed the cracks and the fixes before using the mini-image. I was trying to see where the error was coming from. I'm thinking it's the latest patch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top