Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SIMS 4 runs in task manager

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SIMS 4 runs in task manager Empty SIMS 4 runs in task manager

Post by Guest Sat 16 Mar 2019, 23:31

So, i downloaded the all in one iso and transferred it to another location on my had drive-the game does not launch but it is showing in task manager. Before that, I only had the base game and that was working? ANy suggestions?

Back to top Go down

SIMS 4 runs in task manager Empty Re: SIMS 4 runs in task manager

Post by Guest Sat 16 Mar 2019, 23:35

Go to Documents\Electronic Arts and move The Sims 4 folder to desktop. This will start the game fresh, you can move saves back later. If that doesn't solve the problem, open "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Options.ini" and change values of:
resolutionwidth to 800
resolutionheight to 600
fullscreen to 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Mar 2019, 23:59

I didn't have any saves. There is also no options.ini file because I'd already moved the sims folder from documents.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Mar 2019, 00:42

is there anything else I can do?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Mar 2019, 00:48

You're not giving much to work with. Reboot PC and try again. If the game recreates folder in Documents - change Options.ini as I said in previous reply. If you're getting some error - type the error message or take a screenshot. I usually tell people to run validator but if you downloaded all-in-one iso then it should be good. You can try it anyway (see my signature).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Mar 2019, 05:40

Well, I did all of the suggestions and still nothing. I'm not getting any error messages.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 19 Mar 2019, 16:11

pixelobsessionz wrote:So, i downloaded the all in one iso and transferred it to another location on my had drive

Can you be more specific about the "transferred it"? What is the "it" exactly in your case? I hope you actually extracted the contents of the .iso and put them somewhere? Technically you would not even need to extract anything, as you can open the .iso with the Windows Explorer (under Windows 10, not sure about Windows 8 ), and access the game install folder that way.

Because transferring the .iso file itself does noting at all. I should take that topic from the public Forums, or at least re-write the instructions myself. The person who originally wrote this topic does not/did not speak English very well. Upon several recommendations on my end to at least try and improve the wording, nothing was done. So I might as well do it on my own.

Another thought, have you made sure to configure antivirus exclusions, so that any antivirus software you have doesn't target the game installation folder(s)?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top