Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legit Base Game and G4TW's Get Together. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Legit Base Game and  G4TW's Get Together. [SOLVED] Empty Legit Base Game and G4TW's Get Together. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 14 Dec 2015, 12:11

Has anyone tried to download G4TW's Get Together with a legit base game? I'm a little hesitant to try. Is the Ultimate fix still required?

Back to top Go down

Legit Base Game and  G4TW's Get Together. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Legit Base Game and G4TW's Get Together. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 14 Dec 2015, 16:49

Why did you even buy the game if you want to pirate DLC...?

Back to top Go down

Legit Base Game and  G4TW's Get Together. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Legit Base Game and G4TW's Get Together. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 16 Dec 2015, 17:48

If you have the legit base game, I recommend you download G4TW's separate pirated base game and then download the pirated expansions/packs.

That way, you can still use The Gallery with your legit base game, and then have a separate pirated version of Sims 4 with all the expansions/packs.  Good job!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 16 Dec 2015, 18:27

crystaaaaalxo wrote:Has anyone tried to download G4TW's Get Together with a legit base game? I'm a little hesitant to try. Is the Ultimate fix still required?

//MOVED

Hello,

Admin wrote:Can I use torrented expansion packs with an original copy of The Sims 4?
Yes, this is technically possible. Just keep in mind that if you pirate any DLCs or expansion packs, you're going to need to crack them too. The crack cracks the game as a whole. This means that you should ALWAYS play with Origin completely closed. If you do log in with Origin open, it will detect that you do not actually own the DLCs/expansion packs and they simply won't show up in-game. Therefore you might as well pirate the whole game.
If you want to install expansion packs to an original The Sims 4 base game copy, note that you should copy the files to this folder instead:C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\
Also make sure that you do not accidentally update your original The Sims 4 copy via Origin, as this will break your cracked content. HERE is a little guide on how to turn off automatic game updates in Origin.

Original post here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

Hope this answers your question. Smile 

Anarchy wrote:Why did you even buy the game if you want to pirate DLC...?

A very blunt, but absolutely legitimate question. Maybe it's because people didn't realize (from the start) that keeping up with DLC is going to be expensive. Maybe it's also because of "good conscience", for some people ? So that they don't feel as bad, when they pirate stuff later on ?

Either way, reasons for people buying/having legit games can be various (I myself got it as a gift), and sometimes hard to understand from a rational standpoint. But that to judge is not up to me. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Dec 2015, 20:31

Carlos wrote:A very blunt, but absolutely legitimate question. Maybe it's because people didn't realize (from the start) that keeping up with DLC is going to be expensive. Maybe it's also because of "good conscience", for some people ? So that they don't feel as bad, when they pirate stuff later on ?

Either way, reasons for people buying/having legit games can be various (I myself got it as a gift), and sometimes hard to understand from a rational standpoint. But that to judge is not up to me. 

This is The Sims. It used to cost hundreds of dollars to own the whole package even before DLC became a thing.

Anyway, it is up to you to judge. To all of us. People buying this garbage is the reason companies like EA keep releasing garbage. As for anybody who did it out of conscience, well I'm sorry but they deserve what they get.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 18 Dec 2015, 20:49

Anarchy wrote:
This is The Sims. It used to cost hundreds of dollars to own the whole package even before DLC became a thing.

Anyway, it is up to you to judge. To all of us. People buying this garbage is the reason companies like EA keep releasing garbage. As for anybody who did it out of conscience, well I'm sorry but they deserve what they get.

Sure it is The Sims. But people do not always inform themselves beforehand, about events/facts from several years ago. Which I attribute partially to the *not so good* Western and "Western-inspired" public educational systems. 

And yes, I would not underestimate irrational motives behind human actions in general either. People's actions are very often (and sometimes even unconsciously) influenced by emotions, fears, wishes and the like. Things which don't necessarily have any rational basis. 

I'm also astonished by the high number of people asking if they can "add pirated DLC to a legit Sims 4 game", given the fact that you can get a pirated basegame as well. The ONLY advantage you can get from a legit Sims 4 game, is the access to the gallery. But even that may be turned off by EA, sometime in the future. 

But in the end, explaining this to the people (that they can actually pirate the basegame too), is pretty much all I can do.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Dec 2015, 15:41

can we still use the gallery and origin???? in any way

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Dec 2015, 17:23

adamzaid wrote:can we still use the gallery and origin???? in any way

Not a good idea. If you turn on online features, the default Origin account in the cracked version says RLD. I never tried to change it as I don't want to find out what will happen.

I've experimented with this a bit BUT I definitely would NOT advise adding cracked content to a legit install. If you're not the type to back up your install folder and TS4 folder in your Documents constantly, you'll end up being locked out of the cracked content anyway. Origin will check against your account to see if you have the items. If you don't, you'll probably get errors saying the game was saved with a different version or something to that effect.

I have a legit install and a cracked install at the same time. I just keep the legit install outside of the install path, rename the folder and EXE's.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Dec 2015, 18:01

okay thanks no mind!!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 23 Dec 2015, 10:55

Vio-Violette wrote:Not a good idea. If you turn on online features, the default Origin account in the cracked version says RLD. I never tried to change it as I don't want to find out what will happen.

I've experimented with this a bit BUT I definitely would NOT advise adding cracked content to a legit install. If you're not the type to back up your install folder and TS4 folder in your Documents constantly, you'll end up being locked out of the cracked content anyway. Origin will check against your account to see if you have the items. If you don't, you'll probably get errors saying the game was saved with a different version or something to that effect.

I have a legit install and a cracked install at the same time. I just keep the legit install outside of the install path, rename the folder and EXE's.

No need to have a legit game and a pirated one "simultaneously". And yes, you can use the gallery from within a pirated game, if you log into your Origin account before starting it.

If done correctly, your Origin ID should show up in the gallery, instead of RLD!. The only things you need to pay attention to are to use the gallery ONLY from within the main menu of the game, and also make sure to de-activate automatic Origin game updates (see this topic here). Other than that, feel free to use the pirated Sims 4 to connect to the gallery (which is only going to work if you have a legit Sims 4 on your Origin account.

@adamzaid, next time please open a new topic for your concerns, instead of bumping another person't post. Smile  Since the OP isn't going to post back I guess, I will also close the thread.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top