Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Struggling to follow "How to Install Correctly" instructions due to drive

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Struggling to follow "How to Install Correctly" instructions due to drive Empty Struggling to follow "How to Install Correctly" instructions due to drive

Post by Guest Sun 24 Sep 2017, 18:57

So I tried my best to find help on this but couldn't see the same problem anywhere.
I have a legit Sims 3 base game and Pets, World Adventures, Late Night and Fast lane expansions. I'm in the process of downloading more expansion torrents from here and ANYWAY my issue is: when I'm following these instructions https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly# I can't get past number 2 of the manual patch as an error message shows saying something like "no version of The Sims 3 was found installed". I believe that this may be as I have my game installed to my (D:) flash drive and intend to install my expansions to the same place. 
I'm wondering how to fix this and whether this location will cause problems when I come to installing the expansions?
Thank you Smile

Back to top Go down

Struggling to follow "How to Install Correctly" instructions due to drive Empty Re: Struggling to follow "How to Install Correctly" instructions due to drive

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 25 Sep 2017, 22:36

joannabelle wrote:So I tried my best to find help on this but couldn't see the same problem anywhere.
I have a legit Sims 3 base game and Pets, World Adventures, Late Night and Fast lane expansions. I'm in the process of downloading more expansion torrents from here and ANYWAY my issue is: when I'm following these instructions https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly# I can't get past number 2 of the manual patch as an error message shows saying something like "no version of The Sims 3 was found installed". I believe that this may be as I have my game installed to my (D:) flash drive and intend to install my expansions to the same place. 
I'm wondering how to fix this and whether this location will cause problems when I come to installing the expansions?
Thank you Smile

Hello @joannabelle and welcome to the Forum,

I assume you have an Origin-based version of The Sims 3, and you are trying to apply the cracked DLC on top of it? Note that the guide you linked to is primarily meant for people who have only cracked games (so base game plus DLC). It used to work well in the past, but it seems nowadays - maybe due to the 1.69 patch - problems seem somewhat more common. Interestingly though, it works for some, but not others.

If you cannot get it working otherwise, consider going for a cracked base game as well. Smile

Warning: TEA
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top