Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parenthood missing | CC not showing up [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Parenthood missing | CC not showing up [SOLVED] Empty Parenthood missing | CC not showing up [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 10 Oct 2017, 04:38

hi! I accidentally uninstalled my game a while ago. Everything was working fine. Now I go to re download everything and parenthood game pack is showing up as not owned in game. I downloaded the parenthood fix and nothing. 

Also even though I have CC selected and my sims folder labeled correctly, CC is not showing up. Please help. 

I have everything downloaded up until fitness and toddler pack because I really don’t want all of these on my laptop. Do I need to download those to fix this? I didn’t have either on my old install. 

Thank you. Smile

Back to top Go down

Parenthood missing | CC not showing up [SOLVED] Empty Re: Parenthood missing | CC not showing up [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 10 Oct 2017, 11:31

Hi there,

I have everything downloaded up until fitness and toddler pack because I really don’t want all of these on my laptop
I'm abit confused. Did you install the game till Parenthood or do you install till Toddler's stuff but did not install earlier DLCs? Also, which Parenthood fix are you talking about? If your Parenthood pack is not showing up, you can re-install the pack again and make sure that the Game folder has either been renamed or deleted BEFORE installing the Parenthood.

Regarding the CCs, did you put them in multiple subfolders? And by selected, you meant the options in-game right? 

Back to top Go down

Parenthood missing | CC not showing up [SOLVED] Empty Re: Parenthood missing | CC not showing up [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 10 Oct 2017, 17:25

Ageha wrote:Hi there,

I have everything downloaded up until fitness and toddler pack because I really don’t want all of these on my laptop
I'm abit confused. Did you install the game till Parenthood or do you install till Toddler's stuff but did not install earlier DLCs? Also, which Parenthood fix are you talking about? If your Parenthood pack is not showing up, you can re-install the pack again and make sure that the Game folder has either been renamed or deleted BEFORE installing the Parenthood.

Regarding the CCs, did you put them in multiple subfolders? And by selected, you meant the options in-game right? 

Sorry for the confusion. I have downloaded everything up until fitness and the toddler pack. Smile
The Winrar for the parenthood fix says it's update 1-30-105-1010 and I did try re installing the parenthood pack and nothing. Sad 

As for CC there are no subfolders, it's just ThisPC/Documents/TheSims4/Mods/Packages 

Thank you for the reply. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Oct 2017, 17:29

Here is a screenshot of my mods folder. 

Parenthood missing | CC not showing up [SOLVED] Packag10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Oct 2017, 17:37

Hey,

I think the Parenthood fix is this update only fix, right? If so, that will delete your DLCs. After re-installing Parenthood, follow that by Fitness -> Tot's Stuff. Make sure you've either rename the Game folder or delete it beforehand though.

Do you have any resource.cfg inside your packages folder? Or rather, if you moved out the mods and just put them inside the mods folder, will it get detected?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Oct 2017, 21:20

Downloaded Fitness and the Toddler pack. Now Parenthood, Fitness *and* Toddler are showing up as not owned in game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Oct 2017, 21:33

And still no CC. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Oct 2017, 21:44

Also, no resource.cfg in my folder. Just package files only.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Oct 2017, 23:47

Seriously about to cry.

I uninstalled everything on my laptop and got rid of all the Sims 4 folder in documents. Reinstalled everything, following the directions to a tee. Opened it up, everything looked great! All the expansions were showing up in game. Then I go to add my mods back and got an error  "Unable to start: the contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of The Sims 4"

"Unable to start: the contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of the sims 4" so I looked up on the forum where it says to delete everything in your documents folder except mods, tray and saves. Did that. So my mods work BUT NOW THE PARENTHOOD, FITNESS AND TODDLERS ARENT SHOWING UP ANYMORE. UGHHHHH. So I'm going to try and remove my mods and get those files back and see if that fixes it but omg please someone help. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Oct 2017, 12:33

sablefox wrote:Seriously about to cry.

I uninstalled everything on my laptop and got rid of all the Sims 4 folder in documents. Reinstalled everything, following the directions to a tee. Opened it up, everything looked great! All the expansions were showing up in game. Then I go to add my mods back and got an error  "Unable to start: the contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of The Sims 4"

"Unable to start: the contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of the sims 4" so I looked up on the forum where it says to delete everything in your documents folder except mods, tray and saves. Did that. So my mods work BUT NOW THE PARENTHOOD, FITNESS AND TODDLERS ARENT SHOWING UP ANYMORE. UGHHHHH. So I'm going to try and remove my mods and get those files back and see if that fixes it but omg please someone help. Sad
Open the folder The Sims 4 (or whatever the folder is named in your language) in the folder Documents\Electronic Arts
Delete the file GameVersion
Now start your game again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Oct 2017, 13:29

Hi @sablefox

Sorry I was not able to reply, (time difference and all). As Polarbear mentioned, if the error of "Unable to start : ....." comes up again, simply delete the GameVersion.txt. There's no need to reset the entire folder. 
For your mods, I'd suggest you put them in batches instead and put them into folders. Meaning for CCs; hair, clothing, eyes, etc. That way should the mods cause any kind of conflict, it's faster to eliminate which main CC is the culprit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Oct 2017, 16:28

I’ll try it again. I may just give up and try using zorigin instead. Sad thanks guys. I’ll try deleting that file and post my results back here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Oct 2017, 16:53

sablefox wrote:I’ll try it again. I may just give up and try using zorigin instead. Sad thanks guys. I’ll try deleting that file and post my results back here.
Take your time and now worries. It seems at one point your game did include all of the DLCs especially Parenthood - Tot's stuff. So something in between must have gone wrong. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Oct 2017, 17:59

Should I apply the ultimate fix to my game at all? Some people are saying it reverts everything back to just base game only.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Oct 2017, 18:39

sablefox wrote:Should I apply the ultimate fix to my game at all? Some people are saying it reverts everything back to just base game only.
It does indeed leave you with the base game + game update. No DLCs whatsoever. So if you want to have DLCs, do not apply the ultimate fix at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Oct 2017, 19:19

So installed everything again. Followed the directions from here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

and the game packs just aren't showing up. I'm going to give ZLOrigin a shot because this is infuriating. I am not doing anything wrong, the base game and packs are all from here. I don't know what's wrong but I've installed and uninstalled six times now. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Oct 2017, 19:26

Okay moving the file folder of program files x86 and onto my desktop worked! The game packs are showing up. I’m scared to incorporate my CC folder now lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Oct 2017, 21:21

sablefox wrote:Okay moving the file folder of program files x86 and onto my desktop worked! The game packs are showing up. I’m scared to incorporate my CC folder now lol.
I see. Perhaps it has something to do with your folder's permission. I did not think to suggest moving to desktop again, since it was pointed out the was no proof that it worked. Lol. But I'm glad to hear that worked out for you. Good job!

CCs itself should not interfere with the DLCs not showing up. Like I've mentioned before, you can always put in your mods slowly by batches. If you have any scripted mods, I'd suggest testing them out first since there should only be a couple of them. CCs on the other hand are alot. So testing them by categories will do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Oct 2017, 21:49

It worked! CC is showing up now that I added it back. I widdled it down too to like, 20 something CC so not a whole lot. Ahhhh yes it worked. <3 Thank you guys for helping me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Oct 2017, 13:43

sablefox wrote:It worked! CC is showing up now that I added it back. I widdled it down too to like, 20 something CC so not a whole lot. Ahhhh yes it worked. <3 Thank you guys for helping me.
Carlos is tha man!!!
Yay! 
Feel free to open a new topic should you have any other questions or bugs later on.
Till then, cheers and have fun~

Problem solved; Topic closed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top