Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Been a long time need some help with this.

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Been a long time need some help with this. - Page 2 Empty Been a long time need some help with this.

Post by Guest Fri 13 Oct 2017, 02:44

First topic message reminder :

Okay well I took and did a reinstall of the base game (Something went wrong, since I've not done this in YEARS). But now I'm pretty lost about toddlers vampires update. Took and went to the downloads page and downloaded it. But when looking into the txt file even the file itself is listed as The Sims 4 Update v1.29.69.1020... Anyways the text file reads this as "City Living" but the DL page has it listed as something else. I don't want to add these if they're not the correct files needed.

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 13 Oct 2017, 08:20; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Addressing a very confusing issue as of now)

Back to top Go down

Been a long time need some help with this. - Page 2 Empty Re: Been a long time need some help with this.

Post by Guest Sat 14 Oct 2017, 19:54

TJust pulled it out and replaced it. Had to open it to change the language off of Spanish. Loading the game back up now to see.

Yup that worked they show up now Smile

Back to top Go down

Been a long time need some help with this. - Page 2 Empty Re: Been a long time need some help with this.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 15 Oct 2017, 18:25

TCA wrote:Yup that worked they show up now Smile

And...is the game as limited as you suspected it to be??  Haters gonna hate Carlos is tha man

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Oct 2017, 15:38

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
TCA wrote:Yup that worked they show up now Smile

And...is the game as limited as you suspected it to be??  Haters gonna hate Carlos is tha man
Hell im still getting used to it. But here are somethings I don't like

World lot placement. There should be more and the worlds just seem way too small
non open world
Build and buy mode I feel is very neutered and a bit of a pain to navigate unlike before everything was out in the open.
Build items such as windows etc....HORRID selection. You would literally have to use custom content to get and have anything remotely decent.
Buy mode...feel the same way as build mode.
GUI navigation is a bit frustrating and things seem to be EVERYWHERE. But this boils down to me never getting the game at the time for the simple fact "No Toddlers" eh, I'll figure it out eventually.
Sim infants: This bugs me the MOST absolutely ZERO interaction as to holding taking them around with you I mean WHY?!
No household bin: This would be a welcome add to the game like the previous sims. I found how it is now confusing and clunky

Now for the mechanics from what I seen...Rotating opbjects always consisted of using the arrow keys, it was good! Now you have to use the RMB to do it, agitating af. It seems they want you to click more not less like before.
rotating and tilting the camera angle to what's comfortable for the player seems non existent, this really bothers me as it was scrolling in with the mouse wheel to zoom in and out or holding it down to tilt upwards and rotate that imo really helped navigating the house. How it is now will defo keep me from even wanting to build housing in the future.

That's so far what I did experience and didn't like at all with it. Don't get me wrong the layout of the GUI is beautiful but also counter productive and seems to somewhat work against you for what you need to do and get done...Sims 3 was confusing at first but it wasn't **** all. I understand what the devs wanted to do by rebuilding the entire game from the ground up, but god damn No shit, Sherlock.; I'll keep tinkering away getting it down and if I find more which i will I'll def post it.

Things I DO like
CAS Sim fine tuning: it's good. Better then the previous kudos to them
Traits: This isn't bad at all and does give them a tad bit more personallity
Color picker for clothes which was a thing for 3 even though 3's was a bit superior is nice
No more pudding faces or burrito babies lol

I'll add more soon about to start it up. But in the end is it a bad game? No not really, could be WAY better but it's really not anything to cry home about and can still be enjoyable. I can understand how a lot of Simmers still choose 2 and 3 over 4, From what I seen from MTS people still pump out content for the previous interations then this.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 17 Oct 2017, 21:58

I also think that a lot of people - in particular those who played the earlier titles - had a very high (maybe too high?) expectations placed onto The Sims 4.

Personally, I'll still stick with The Sims 2 and The Sims 3.

Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Oct 2017, 22:04

The_gh0stm4n wrote:I also think that a lot of people - in particular those who played the earlier titles - had a very high (maybe too high?) expectations placed onto The Sims 4.

Personally, I'll still stick with The Sims 2 and The Sims 3.

Carlos is tha man
I can’t blame ya. Took a vacay...that was disappointing, world adventures and bonvoyage A+. 
The worlds are way too constricted, not many places for housing. I think I’ll get a custom world... I think Sims 4 is more for building than anything else, compared to past titles, there is zero immersion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Oct 2017, 21:55

I've been playing TS4 and I noticed parenthood not owned. I had to check to see if what I thought was right, it's only showing GP 1-4 when it should be 1-5... I thought I had installed them all, guess I missed one and didn't realize it. Would I be able to add it without breaking or having to reinstall the game?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Oct 2017, 09:58

When you installed everything incl. Toddler Stuff and you skipped Parenthood try this

1. Copy the file RldOrigin.ini from your install folder The Sims 4\Game\Bin to your desktop
2. Install Parenthood
3. Copy RldOrigin.ini from your desktop back to your install folder The Sims 4\Game\Bin

Else:
Install Parenthood, then again Fitness and Toddler Stuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Oct 2017, 14:55

Giving me run as administrator error.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Oct 2017, 15:08

TCA wrote:Giving me run as administrator error.
Did you run the game as administrator? If so, it is still giving the error?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Oct 2017, 15:11

Ran it with x64 in the game folder. So I tried x86 one and it looks like I would have to re-copy the games after parenthood since it told me the version I’m running is newer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Oct 2017, 15:14

TCA wrote:Ran it with x64 in the game folder. So I tried x86 one and it looks like I would have to re-copy the games after parenthood since it told me the version I’m running is newer.
Hmmm. Does it mentioned updating your game via Origins and that the content are created by a newer version? If so, you can go to Documents\EA\The Sims 4 and delete GameVersion.txt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Oct 2017, 15:36

Ageha wrote:
TCA wrote:Ran it with x64 in the game folder. So I tried x86 one and it looks like I would have to re-copy the games after parenthood since it told me the version I’m running is newer.
Hmmm. Does it mentioned updating your game via Origins and that the content are created by a newer version? If so, you can go to Documents\EA\The Sims 4 and delete GameVersion.txt.
Sorry about the delay. Put on some tea and hooked my laptop up to my monitor. But yeah it did say that about origin too. I haven't copied the ones after parenthood over yet, figured I'd wait. That did work! booted up the game and no errors! Now I'm wondering if they've fixed the losing muscle tone when pets releases. :\ I'll take and load everything up again and see if I run into any problems gameplay wise and will get back to yas! Smile

EDIT: I have to start over with them. My game save is newer since the parenthood install. after that game broke....

"Uninstalls"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Oct 2017, 14:41

@TCA :

If you have up till Toddler's Stuff previously, installing the update again will make your save works. There's no need to uninstall and re-install again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Oct 2017, 14:46

I tried that most definitely. First thing I thought to do. Then everything went stupid even applying error 3 again...game didn’t wanna load CAS. Everything is good now saves are working etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Oct 2017, 14:56

TCA wrote:I tried that most definitely. First thing I thought to do. Then everything went stupid even applying error 3 again...game didn’t wanna load CAS. Everything is good now saves are working etc.
I'm sorry to hear that you're having so many problems/bugs. Sad
Did everything work out after you re-install the game again?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Oct 2017, 15:09

Worked out good with a fresh install. I think it secretly hates me! I know there seems to be some delay with actions since parenthood, not too much of a problem and hope that gets fixed along with the losing muscle tone bug when the fatness slider hits 0.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Oct 2017, 15:23

TCA wrote:Worked out good with a fresh install. I think it secretly hates me! I know there seems to be some delay with actions since parenthood, not too much of a problem and hope that gets fixed along with the losing muscle tone bug when the fatness slider hits 0. 
Oh I doubt that honestly. So far EA has been fixing things that doesn't need fixing. LOL. But perhaps with a new pack update, who knows? Oh my...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Oct 2017, 15:36

I hope so! Lol. I mean it’s not as bad as saaay The Division, they break more than they fix. Well like I said I really hope that gets fixed, since it’s been a problem since Base game from what I’ve been reading. This was posts from 2015! It shows up fine in CAS but when in live game it’s loading the wrong texture. Can be fixed by moving the slider off zero. But as soon as you start working out or reload your game it does it again.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 23 Oct 2017, 18:30

Off-topic-ish comment: looking for something (anything) special in The Sims 4:

Been a long time need some help with this. - Page 2 Giphy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Oct 2017, 05:26

Lol.

Is there anyway I would be able to update my game to latest patch? House I want but can’t use it(long story)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 26 Oct 2017, 16:50

TCA wrote:Lol.

Is there anyway I would be able to update my game to latest patch? House I want but can’t use it(long story)

Hello again,

Some people asked about it, and allegedly there are "offline" releases already for the 1.35 game version. For the purposes of this Forum here though, we don't generally release updates for every "mini-patch" that comes out. And these days, there are lots of mini-patches. Our next TS4 torrent release will most likely be when the Pets-expansion comes out.

You can use zlOrigin though for always getting the latest updates.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Oct 2017, 20:31

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
TCA wrote:Lol.

Hello again,

Some people asked about it, and allegedly there are "offline" releases already for the 1.35 game version. For the purposes of this Forum here though, we don't generally release updates for every "mini-patch" that comes out. And these days, there are lots of mini-patches. Our next TS4 torrent release will most likely be when the Pets-expansion comes out.

You can use zlOrigin though for always getting the latest updates.
I just ned the 1.32 from this month. The house I wanted to use was uploaded September, but when I placed it in game...it had the wrong files for it inside. They uploaded it again and I am assuming they're on the latest update for the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Oct 2017, 15:15

TCA wrote:I just ned the 1.32 from this month. The house I wanted to use was uploaded September, but when I placed it in game...it had the wrong files for it inside. They uploaded it again and I am assuming they're on the latest update for the game.
Hi @TCA ,

That's odd. If you had installed up till Toddler's Stuff pack, your game should be updated to 1.33 by now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Oct 2017, 15:20

They’re on 1.35 as of the 17th WhatDidUJustCallMe? I guess I’ll wait for pets update.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Oct 2017, 15:27

TCA wrote:They’re on 1.35 as of the 17th WhatDidUJustCallMe?  I guess I’ll wait for pets update.
Ah, so you need the latest one. The post above mentioned 1.32 (i'm guessing a typo lol) so I thought that it was weird since ours is 1.33.  Oh my...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Oct 2017, 15:28

Think last time looked at the patch notes, it was 1.32 I looked again a bit ago and it was higher lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Oct 2017, 15:41

TCA wrote:Think last time looked at the patch notes, it was 1.32 I looked again a bit ago and it was higher lol
LOL, yeah. EA likes to patch alot of things. Mini-patches won't get uploaded though so we're always on the 'wait list'. Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top