Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good Old Downloads taken offline, but REPLACEMENT is now available!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Good Old Downloads taken offline, but REPLACEMENT is now available! Empty Good Old Downloads taken offline, but REPLACEMENT is now available!

Post by Guest Sun 05 Nov 2017, 21:34

#EDIT1#
Someone has created a new site to replace the replace the recently closed GoodOldDownloads "GOG Games' Section.

It has a clean interface and i believe all GOG Games from A-Z. The site owner says the site may be slow. as for downloads, i have yet to try the site, I just cant think of any games i desire at this time.

Google drive links are reported to be broken, ignore those links and download from other available mirror links.

Screenshot of new replacement: Good Old Downloads taken offline, but REPLACEMENT is now available! Untitl10

Link: https://god-games.com/

if anyone uses it to download anything, please comment and let us know how it goes.

Games on this site likely wont be updated, this is just a new site that lets you access a back up of the old GOD game files.

Last edited by Misfit203 on Wed 12 Dec 2018, 01:49; edited 6 times in total

Back to top Go down

Good Old Downloads taken offline, but REPLACEMENT is now available! Empty Re: Good Old Downloads taken offline, but REPLACEMENT is now available!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 06 Nov 2017, 17:46

Misfit203 wrote:just thought i'd pass this on...

I know by now most people on this site are familiar with zlOrigin and that it is a free alternative to Origin. so i figured i'd let you all in on another free online game store alternative to www.GoodOldGames.com aka GOG...called Good Old Downloads.

Which can be found at http://tinyurl.com/yaupxrhq

Have Fun!

Very nice stuff indeed, and as usual thanks for sharing Misfit!

Carlos is tha man   pirat
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Good Old Downloads taken offline, but REPLACEMENT is now available! Empty Re: Good Old Downloads taken offline, but REPLACEMENT is now available!

Post by Guest Tue 14 Nov 2017, 04:53

Always glad to help @The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 04 Dec 2018, 18:44

Just noticed this here:
https://torrentfreak.com/goodolddownloads-calls-it-quits-publishes-source-on-github-181202/

Well, it was nice while it lasted.

//EDIT

This passage here is interesting:

Torrentfreak wrote:(...)

“Rival sites started to target us by making threats and claiming they have reported us to anti-piracy corporations. We also want to move on with our lives and enjoy other things without the constant fear of legal action breathing down our necks,” the team confirmed.
As reported here on TF on Saturday, rival pirate sites have recently been making life difficult for each other with various bogus anti-piracy reports, some of which involved GOD.

While it is difficult from the evidence available to definitively point the finger at any particular platforms, it does seem that there’s been a simmering tit-for-tat conflict.
GOD doesn’t indicate specifically who they had problems with but as a parting blow, the platform has taken the unusual step of publishing the results of an ‘investigation’ into the security of two “gaming piracy sites” on its main page.

The report makes for interesting reading but it controversially involves the ‘doxxing’ of individuals said to be behind two popular rival sites, something that rarely ends well.

“The purpose of this document is to summarize information found online that reveals the identity of the individuals that operate the gaming piracy websites ‘igg-games.com’ (http://igg-games.com/) and ‘gamestorrent.co’ (http://gamestorrent.co/) which profit from the distribution of illegal copies of video games via advertisements (pop-up ads, etc). At the time of publication, they are ranked 1,305 and 5,958 globally by Alexa.com,” the report notes.

Predictably, this is causing additional friction and conflict. IGG-Games has already retaliated with the apparent ‘doxxing’ of the alleged operator of GOD and even his alleged family members, something that makes particularly uncomfortable reading.

Due to the hugely private information placed online, we aren’t linking to either report and several gaming piracy discussion forums have also banned their publication. Considering the details published, it’s possible that the fallout from this war of words could have serious implications for all of the parties involved.

(...)

As an afterthought, these GOG games and the official platform are a preferred way of distribution for many Indie publishers. Piracy is still piracy of course, but in case of Indie publishers, I could imagine (though I have no way of knowing for sure) that they may be somewhat more lenient to piracy, because they want their games to "get known".

When reading the article first I thought "ah, another false-flag initiated by game publishers who are posing as pirates". But thinking about it more closely, and specifically in the context of Indie games, that options seems a little less likely.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Dec 2018, 21:34

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Just noticed this here:
https://torrentfreak.com/goodolddownloads-calls-it-quits-publishes-source-on-github-181202/

Well, it was nice while it lasted.

//EDIT

This passage here is interesting:

Torrentfreak wrote:(...)

“Rival sites started to target us by making threats and claiming they have reported us to anti-piracy corporations. We also want to move on with our lives and enjoy other things without the constant fear of legal action breathing down our necks,” the team confirmed.
As reported here on TF on Saturday, rival pirate sites have recently been making life difficult for each other with various bogus anti-piracy reports, some of which involved GOD.

While it is difficult from the evidence available to definitively point the finger at any particular platforms, it does seem that there’s been a simmering tit-for-tat conflict.
GOD doesn’t indicate specifically who they had problems with but as a parting blow, the platform has taken the unusual step of publishing the results of an ‘investigation’ into the security of two “gaming piracy sites” on its main page.

The report makes for interesting reading but it controversially involves the ‘doxxing’ of individuals said to be behind two popular rival sites, something that rarely ends well.

“The purpose of this document is to summarize information found online that reveals the identity of the individuals that operate the gaming piracy websites ‘igg-games.com’ (http://igg-games.com/) and ‘gamestorrent.co’ (http://gamestorrent.co/) which profit from the distribution of illegal copies of video games via advertisements (pop-up ads, etc). At the time of publication, they are ranked 1,305 and 5,958 globally by Alexa.com,” the report notes.

Predictably, this is causing additional friction and conflict. IGG-Games has already retaliated with the apparent ‘doxxing’ of the alleged operator of GOD and even his alleged family members, something that makes particularly uncomfortable reading.

Due to the hugely private information placed online, we aren’t linking to either report and several gaming piracy discussion forums have also banned their publication. Considering the details published, it’s possible that the fallout from this war of words could have serious implications for all of the parties involved.

(...)

As an afterthought, these GOG games and the official platform are a preferred way of distribution for many Indie publishers. Piracy is still piracy of course, but in case of Indie publishers, I could imagine (though I have no way of knowing for sure) that they may be somewhat more lenient to piracy, because they want their games to "get known".

When reading the article first I thought "ah, another false-flag initiated by game publishers who are posing as pirates". But thinking about it more closely, and specifically in the context of Indie games, that options seems a little less likely.

Oh i forgot i made this post, i would have updated it.

from what i heard, Repacker IGG-Games didnt like the competition of (G.O.D.)Good Old Downloads site. was hurting his ads revenue. G.O.D. was ad free, though i think donations were an option. so IGG started making false DMCA reports like he was the copywrite holder. which lead to G.O.D. deciding to shutdown shortly after finally opening up a highly anticipated ROM section to make up for the recent closure of some big name ROM site(s). at the bottom of G.O.D.'s main page after its explanation why it closed was a file attachment with all kinds of personal info about the IGG-Games owner. who then retalliated shortly after in a post on his own site with personal stuff about mercs213 who ran G.O.D. including photos & links to social media accounts of merc's family members. thats a bit extreme IMHO, even users of IGG's site said so in comments.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Dec 2018, 21:38

I was about to edit the thread title with (now closed) but seems i cant. perhaps you can do that for me. @The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Dec 2018, 22:05

From what I've read GOD doxxed first BUT IGG was preparing their info way before this event started. FitGirl said this on one reddit post in r/crackwatch.

Another thing are ads/scripts on IGG. Even with Ublock Origin and Firefox set to block popups they still showed up after clicking somewhere on the page. I've been helping people in comments under Sims 4 post there for a while. Sometimes recommending my repack when people asked for new DLC only - for which I was warned and told not to do it again because they are loosing revenue. Right now ESET detects "JS/Adware.Agent.AA" and simply blocks the website.

Previously I got the updates from ZLO and the crack from GOD. Well it's time to find another website.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Dec 2018, 06:26

anadius wrote:From what I've read GOD doxxed first BUT IGG was preparing their info way before this event started. FitGirl said this on one reddit post in r/crackwatch.

Another thing are ads/scripts on IGG. Even with Ublock Origin and Firefox set to block popups they still showed up after clicking somewhere on the page. I've been helping people in comments under Sims 4 post there for a while. Sometimes recommending my repack when people asked for new DLC only - for which I was warned and told not to do it again because they are loosing revenue. Right now ESET detects "JS/Adware.Agent.AA" and simply blocks the website.

Previously I got the updates from ZLO and the crack from GOD. Well it's time to find another website.

I heard shady stuff about IGG too, my main sites are Fitgirl, ZLO, and GOD. I know CS.RIN.RU is supposed to be good, but that sites complicated to me. I rarely ever use IGG unless its something i really really want that fitgirl, GOD & Qbittorent search engine just cant find. Kickass torrents used to be my main site before they got shutdown a few years ago. just dont feel the same anymore since they came back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Dec 2018, 16:05

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I keep getting a message that firefox can't find the server.  Checked all the settings and everything is allowed.  Any ideas on what else I can try?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Dec 2018, 16:29

Eeyore311 wrote:Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I keep getting a message that firefox can't find the server.  Checked all the settings and everything is allowed.  Any ideas on what else I can try?

According to the comments above on this thread, the site was shut down.

//EDIT

Pity too, used to be great for all sorts of games  Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 05 Dec 2018, 16:56

Misfit203 wrote:I was about to edit the thread title with (now closed) but seems i cant. perhaps you can do that for me. @The_gh0stm4n

Permissions updated/corrected for this section again! You can again edit your own messages.

Misfit203 wrote:(...) which lead to G.O.D. deciding to shutdown shortly after finally opening up a highly anticipated ROM section to make up for the recent closure of some big name ROM site(s). 

Rumors are also making the rounds that the closure may also have something to do with this potential new area of focus for G.O.D. (namely these ROM games). A.k.a. looming trouble from the likes of Nintendo. They seem to be a very powerful and influential publisher, if that's the case.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Dec 2018, 21:54

(Deleted)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 07 Dec 2018, 21:17

It's especially a pity because a lot of these smaller Indie games can't/couldn't be found anywhere else, or at least not as easily. If you wanted one of these bigger titles that made it into GOG-format as well (e.g. Mafia III), you may be more lucky in that there may be alternative repacks on other torrenting-platforms like ThePirateBay.

I'll give that workaround a try, thanks again for sharing the news @Misfit203Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Dec 2018, 00:45

The_gh0stm4n wrote:It's especially a pity because a lot of these smaller Indie games can't/couldn't be found anywhere else, or at least not as easily. If you wanted one of these bigger titles that made it into GOG-format as well (e.g. Mafia III), you may be more lucky in that there may be alternative repacks on other torrenting-platforms like ThePirateBay.

I'll give that workaround a try, thanks again for sharing the news @Misfit203Carlos is tha man

your welcome.

well mercs213 and his GOG releases have been around alot longer than the site has, i can remember him even before the original kickass torrents got busted.
maybe if were' lucky he'll get bored after awhile and come back. maybe not with a site, but just releasing the old fashioned way. then again, maybe not,
now that his cover has been blown by IGG.

Back to top Go down

Good Old Downloads taken offline, but REPLACEMENT is now available! Empty nice JOB

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jan 2019, 10:11

THNK YOU SIR

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top