Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cats & Dogs Continuous Loading and CAS Wont Open

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cats & Dogs Continuous Loading and CAS Wont Open Empty Cats & Dogs Continuous Loading and CAS Wont Open

Post by Guest Sun 12 Nov 2017, 21:27

When I downloaded the new Cats and Dogs I followed the steps to install it. Extracted it to my Sims4 folder in Progam x86 and then I loaded the game and it shows I have pets and lets me go to the maps but doens't load families (loads forever) and when I try to start a new game the screen goes white and doesn't take me into CAS. I used the "fix" game file and it still does that. I restarted my computer and everything. I'm not sure what to do! Someone please help!  Why.

Back to top Go down

Cats & Dogs Continuous Loading and CAS Wont Open Empty Re: Cats & Dogs Continuous Loading and CAS Wont Open

Post by Guest Mon 13 Nov 2017, 13:23

Do you have any script mods like the height slider or more columns in CAS? I had the same problem and got rid of those because they weren't compatible with the newest game version. If not, try using the Mod Conflict Detector and get rid of any conflicting mods or cc.

Back to top Go down

Cats & Dogs Continuous Loading and CAS Wont Open Empty Re: Cats & Dogs Continuous Loading and CAS Wont Open

Post by Guest Thu 16 Nov 2017, 14:55

Hi @ashlearay ,

Extracted it to my Sims4 folder in Progam x86
I think this is the step you misread? Was the game working before the update? If this is your first time installing the DLCs, you are actually not supposed to extract it to your Sims 4 folder. Rather, simply extract it from wherever your Downloads are and then copy + paste the folders to your Game folder instead.

Before using the game fix (hopefully you meant this), did you rename/delete the current Game folder first?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Nov 2017, 19:10

Ageha wrote:Hi @ashlearay ,

Extracted it to my Sims4 folder in Progam x86
I think this is the step you misread? Was the game working before the update? If this is your first time installing the DLCs, you are actually not supposed to extract it to your Sims 4 folder. Rather, simply extract it from wherever your Downloads are and then copy + paste the folders to your Game folder instead.

Before using the game fix (hopefully you meant this), did you rename/delete the current Game folder first?

Hey! I appreciate you trying to help but the problem with my game was actually that I had outdated mods and CC. Someone had told me the white CAS page was bc of an outdated more columns mod and that helped. Then I updated the remaining mods and CC and now everything runs smoothly! Thanks again for your help though!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Nov 2017, 19:57

actualaoi wrote:Do you have any script mods like the height slider or more columns in CAS? I had the same problem and got rid of those because they weren't compatible with the newest game version. If not, try using the Mod Conflict Detector and get rid of any conflicting mods or cc.

Yep! That was it!! Thank you so much for your help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top