Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Infinite Loading screen after cats and dogs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Infinite Loading screen after cats and dogs Empty Infinite Loading screen after cats and dogs

Post by Guest Fri 22 Dec 2017, 16:49

I've installed Cats and Dogs, everything goes fine, it takes a time to load (since I have lots of CC installed, all updated and whatnot), but when I attempt to make a new family, I'm stuck on infinite loading screen. Help?

Back to top Go down

Infinite Loading screen after cats and dogs Empty Re: Infinite Loading screen after cats and dogs

Post by Guest Fri 22 Dec 2017, 18:09

Try this:
1. Delete the folder Game from your install folder Program Files\The Sims 4
2. Re-copy/paste the folder Game from the downloaded Cats & Dogs to your install folder.

Or to be completely upto date:
1, Delete the existing folder Game from your install folder.
2. Apply update 1.35.37.1010

Back to top Go down

Infinite Loading screen after cats and dogs Empty Re: Infinite Loading screen after cats and dogs

Post by Guest Fri 22 Dec 2017, 18:27

I tried both of those, and it didn't work. Sad

I just can't access CAS, didn't tested playing existing family, just trying to create new one...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 22 Dec 2017, 18:53

Eggyslav wrote:I tried both of those, and it didn't work. Sad

I just can't access CAS, didn't tested playing existing family, just trying to create new one...

You can always try deleting the cache files.

Go under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\ and delete the following:
Infinite Loading screen after cats and dogs Icon_arrow  localthumbschace.package
Infinite Loading screen after cats and dogs Icon_arrow  the contents inside folder "cache" (not the actual "cache" folder though!)
Infinite Loading screen after cats and dogs Icon_arrow  and the contents inside the folder "cachestr" (not the actual "cachestr" folder though!)
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Dec 2017, 22:25

Nope, it didn't help. I'm totally screwed. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 23 Dec 2017, 11:41

Eggyslav wrote:Nope, it didn't help. I'm totally screwed. Sad

Did you install ALL TS4 torrents from G4TW, in the right order? See this here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Dec 2017, 11:44

Yes, yes I did, though I just recently updated to Toddlers Stuff and Cats and Dogs, while being in the middle of a gameplay, having numerous created households and cc. But I updated all the CC I had, so this shouldn't be the problem. I don't want to go through thousands of .package files again. Should I make a fresh install?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top