Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Origin issues?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Origin issues? Empty Origin issues?

Post by Guest Sat 18 Nov 2017, 23:40

So before I’ve been getting TS3 off G4TW and everything would work perfectly fine. Now that I’m trying to switch over to TS4 I’ve been having a lot of issues. At first I installed the base game and everything worked fine. Then when I started adding stuff packs and expansions I didn’t notice I had to do it in a certain order / all stuff packs. When I tried to play it that time it said origin needed to be open. Opened origin and tried again Sims didn’t even open. Then I realized my mistake uninstalled everything (I didn’t have a backup folder) and reinstalled. Tried to open sims got an error message saying “unable to start: the contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of TS4, and cannot be loaded please update your game via origin to play” i don’t know what to do now please help. Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Origin issues? Empty Re: Origin issues?

Post by Guest Sun 19 Nov 2017, 09:18

Did you follow the install instructions carefully? After installing the base game, you HAVe to move it out of the electronic arts folder! MOVE, not copy paste. ( Done by cut/paste ) Move to either program files (x 86) if you have 32 bit system, program files if you have 64 bit version. Never ever play the game with origin running.
Read here:  
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly#

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Nov 2017, 15:20

Hi @Blubblysims

“unable to start: the contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of TS4

Try deleting the GameVersion.txt in your Documents folder and see if you're able to run the game now.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 20 Nov 2017, 17:14

Blubblysims wrote:So before I’ve been getting TS3 off G4TW and everything would work perfectly fine. Now that I’m trying to switch over to TS4 I’ve been having a lot of issues. At first I installed the base game and everything worked fine. Then when I started adding stuff packs and expansions I didn’t notice I had to do it in a certain order / all stuff packs. When I tried to play it that time it said origin needed to be open. Opened origin and tried again Sims didn’t even open. Then I realized my mistake uninstalled everything (I didn’t have a backup folder) and reinstalled. Tried to open sims got an error message saying “unable to start: the contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of TS4, and cannot be loaded please update your game via origin to play” i don’t know what to do now please help. Thank you!

Also make sure to have Origin closed completely (even the login prompt), before you start the cracked Sims 4 game.

Cookie from Carlos
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top