Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After installing Parenthood all DLCs are greyed out (expansion not owned)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

After installing Parenthood all DLCs are greyed out (expansion not owned) Empty After installing Parenthood all DLCs are greyed out (expansion not owned)

Post by Guest Sun 24 Dec 2017, 13:46

Hello everyone,

I had no problems with my Sims 4 installation up until I installed Parenthood. After that, opening up my game would show that I had no "owned" expansions; I thought it would fix itself up with the newest update (1.37), maybe, so I installed all the remaining DLCs up to Cats and Dogs and applied the latest patch with yesterday's updated Game folder, too.
But I still can't get the DLCs to show up and work. I tried moving the "The Sims 4" folder around, from Program Files/Electronic Arts/ to Program Files, then to just the C:/ drive, but nothing changed.
The weird thing is that I'm playing with no problem whatsoever on my personal Mac laptop and I installed everything the exact same way (only thing different is obviously that I put everything in the Wineskin wrapper)...

I downloaded everything from G4TW. I have no active anti-virus or anything else.
What am I doing wrong?

Sorry if this is the wrong section, but I though it'd fit better here rather than the in-game support section.

Back to top Go down

After installing Parenthood all DLCs are greyed out (expansion not owned) Empty Re: After installing Parenthood all DLCs are greyed out (expansion not owned)

Post by Guest Sun 24 Dec 2017, 17:53

It looks like you have 2 (or more) installations of the Sims 4 on your computer.
One for the base game only and one for the DLC's

In Windows 10 clcik on the magnifying glass (left bottom of your screen). Type TS4.exe in the search window to find the various folders.

Other problem could be that you allowed Origin to update your game. When you only legally own the base game, all DLC's are made inaccessible

Back to top Go down

After installing Parenthood all DLCs are greyed out (expansion not owned) Empty Re: After installing Parenthood all DLCs are greyed out (expansion not owned)

Post by Guest Thu 25 Jan 2018, 05:11

Dandelion, I don't think that's the problem. I have everything installed correctly, nothing is from origin, but all my EPs are missing, just like the OP said

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Jan 2018, 10:47

Andianarchy wrote:Dandelion, I don't think that's the problem. I have everything installed correctly, nothing is from origin, but all my EPs are missing, just like the OP said
Download the latest Game folder, https://goo.gl/wK4LdG
Delete current Game folder from your install folder Program Files\The Sims 4
Replace with downloaded and extracted new Game folder.

Now ALL EP's, GP's, SP's must show up even when not installed.
When in fact you only installed up to and incl. Parenthood, open the file RldOrigin.ini in the folder Game\Bin
in line 7 amend the CNT= 151 to CNT=136

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top