Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4: Parenthood not owned

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4: Parenthood not owned Empty The Sims 4: Parenthood not owned

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jun 2017, 02:35

Hello everyone! 

First, I'd like to thank all the great people on this forum, I've been using Games4theworld's downloads and instructions for installation, for years.

I have a problem now. I've installed everything as it is written here (https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly) But when I was installing The Sims 4 Parenthood, I didn't have the option to merge folders. When the installation was over, I entered the game, but the icon for TS4 Parenthood was gray and it says NOW OWNED. I don't know why this happened, I was following all the steps. I also tried to move my old Game (Game_) folder, and to enter the game without it, but it didn't let me and it said that the Game folder is broken or something like that. So I put it back.

And if you can help me with the first problem, I'd like to ask you where can I find update 1.30.105.1010 so I can install the Fitness stuff

I hope you can help me. Thank you  Very Happy

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4: Parenthood not owned Empty Re: The Sims 4: Parenthood not owned

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jun 2017, 10:10

Have you extracted the download Parenthood with Winrar ?

You don't need update 1.30.105.1010 is it is included in Fitness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jun 2017, 12:48

I have extracted it with 7-Zip, it's the program I have, and I've used it when I was installing all the previous games. In the folder The Sims 4 Parenthood I have _Installer, Data, Delta, Game, GP04, GP05 and SP10. I've coped all these folders to my game destination folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4) and pressed "copy and replace" several times but when I opened the game I saw I don't own TS4 Parenthood.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jun 2017, 13:13

I'm not sure about this answer, but have you tried to start the game as an Administrator ?
Some alterations (like f.e. the language) will not be effected when not started as Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jun 2017, 14:21

I've just tried it and it doesn't work. I've also installed Fitness part, and it is also grey and says "not owned". And version of game is still 1.29.

I think the problem is somehow connected with Game folder. Because I saw in instructions this sentence - Alternatively you can also move out the "Game"-folder, or delete it. But when I move it out, the game doesn't start and I get this message - Cannot start because required game data is missing or damaged. Please repair or reinstall the game via Origin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jun 2017, 14:24

Move out the Game folder but import (copy) the new folder Game.
You can't play without a game folder.
Also make sure that your shortcut on your desktop leads to the new Game folder.

see also items 5,6 and 7 on THIS PAGE

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jun 2017, 15:12

I have the other Game folder, I moved out the old one. Now I tried something that worked. I entered the game, not by the desktop shortcut but this way C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\Game\Bin and then TS4_x64 and now both Parenthood and Fitness work! Very Happy  I guess the shortcut was the problem, but I looked at the destination and it leads to new game folder. So I don't know why it didn't work. It's important that I've found the way!

Thank you so much for your time and patience!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jun 2017, 16:35

Pavle995 wrote:I have the other Game folder, I moved out the old one. Now I tried something that worked. I entered the game, not by the desktop shortcut but this way C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\Game\Bin and then TS4_x64 and now both Parenthood and Fitness work! Very Happy  I guess the shortcut was the problem, but I looked at the destination and it leads to new game folder. So I don't know why it didn't work. It's important that I've found the way!

Thank you so much for your time and patience!
Glad that problem is solved now

EDIT:
Problem solved; Topic closed.

- Ageha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top