Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does ZLOrigin work with Origin Base game Sims 4?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ZLOrigin made easy - Does ZLOrigin work with Origin Base game Sims 4? Empty Does ZLOrigin work with Origin Base game Sims 4?

Post by Guest Sat 30 Dec 2017, 03:33

The quality irks me a bit and I'm thinking of buying the base game Sims 4 before the sale ends to get the quality I want and installing the other expansion packs that I want via ZLOrigin. Is it possible if I can? In no way am I ungrateful for your guys' hard work and efforts, it's all just about preference. Thank you so much.

Last edited by TS4 on Sat 30 Dec 2017, 03:35; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More detailing)

Back to top Go down

ZLOrigin made easy - Does ZLOrigin work with Origin Base game Sims 4? Empty Re: Does ZLOrigin work with Origin Base game Sims 4?

Post by Guest Sat 30 Dec 2017, 11:30

Yes, it is possible but not easy as both Origin and ZLOrigin use the same settings (directories) for the Sims 4.
The easiest way is by using an external drive.

1. Install the genuine basegame on the external drive.
2. disconnet the external drive and let ZLOrigin install the game elsewhere,
3. connect the external drive again and you can play both versions.

Back to top Go down

ZLOrigin made easy - Does ZLOrigin work with Origin Base game Sims 4? Empty Re: Does ZLOrigin work with Origin Base game Sims 4?

Post by Guest Sat 30 Dec 2017, 16:38

Thank you! I'll have to wait to purchase an external drive, unfortunately. But, just to clarify, you are saying that if I follow these steps that I will be able to play all the DLC's/EP's with the base game Sims 4 from Origin together and not just separately ? I apologize but I just want to be completely sure before buying the external drive. Thank you very much again for replying

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 30 Dec 2017, 16:44

TS4 wrote:In no way am I ungrateful for your guys' hard work and efforts, it's all just about preference. Thank you so much.

Hello and welcome to the Forum @TS4,

No offence taken, and after all, we're still non-profit (the 'revenue' from the few adfly-links is used for server maintenance). If people are grateful then it's cool, but if not, then it doesn't really matter either way, since we're non-profit.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Dec 2017, 16:56

Yes you can.
I have 1 The Sims 4 installation folder that contains 4 different Game folders.
1. a Game folder
2. a game_cracked folder
3. a game_ZLOrigin folder
4. a game_Origin folder

In every Game folder there is of course a Bin folder.
When I want to update via Origin I first copy the Bin folder from Game_Origin to Game
When I want to update via ZLOrigin I first copy the Bin folder from Game_ZLorigin to Game
After the updates I copy the folders Bin back to their respective folders.

New developements in f.e. G4TW, I copy the Bin folder from the download to Game_cracked.

In case you only use the real Origin and cracked versions, no need to copy the Bin folders as Game is reserved for Origin and Game_cracked for G4TW

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Dec 2017, 18:39

Thank you, however, I found what was causing my game a lack of quality- I didn't set it to 32 bit and the screen was way too wide for me. I indeed will still be buying the external drive, though. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 30 Dec 2017, 19:13

TS4 wrote:I found what was causing my game a lack of quality- I didn't set it to 32 bit (...)

If you have a 64-bit Windows system, I don't think it matters performance-wise whether you use the 32-bit or 64-bit executable of the game. You will probably get a notification at game startup saying that using the 64-bit version is recommended, but other than that, I don't think it plays a role.

Should you have a 32-bit Windows though, you can only run the TS4.exe (32-bit) anyhow.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top