Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 is corrupted or not properly installed.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 is corrupted or not properly installed. Empty Sims 3 is corrupted or not properly installed.

Post by Guest Mon 01 Jan 2018, 03:27

Heya! I've downloaded The Sims 3 full edition torrent, and all was going fine until I tried installing Into The Future. Every time I tried installing it, I'd get a pop up saying "The Sims 3 is corrupted or not properly installed. I tried updating origin (I read other posts on here and that was suggested), I've tried installing Seasons before trying to install Into The Future once more (I also attempted to install Island Paradise but that had the same message). Also, I'm installing the Sims 3 on my portable hard drive thingy, and it seems to run just fine.
I did the whole typing in the command shtick, and I opened up the Sims3.reg, and here's what it said: 

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sims]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sims\MySims]
"DisplayName"="MySims"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sims\The Sims 3]
"Country"="CA"
"SKU"=dword:00000007
"DisplayName"="The Sims™️ 3"
"Install Dir"="E:\\Sims3"
"Locale"="en-US"
"Telemetry"=dword:00000001
"InstallStart"=dword:00000000
"ExePath"="E:\\Sims3\\Game\\Bin\\TS3.exe"
"ProductID"=dword:000003e9

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sims\The Sims 3 70s 80s & 90s Stuff]
"SKU"=dword:00000001
"Country"="CA"
"ErgcRegPath"="Electronic Arts\\Sims\\The Sims 3 70s, 80s, and 90s Stuff\\ergc"
"ContentID"="sims3_sp08_sku1"
"DisplayName"="The Sims™️ 3 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff"
"ExePath"="E:\\Electronic arts\\2. 70's, 80's, & 90's\\Game\\Bin\\TS3SP08.exe"
"Install Dir"="E:\\Electronic arts\\2. 70's, 80's, & 90's"
"Locale"="en-US"
"ProductID"=dword:00000011

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sims\The Sims 3 Ambitions]
"Country"="CA"
"ErgcRegPath"="Electronic Arts\\Sims\\The Sims 3 Ambitions\\ergc"
"ContentID"="Sims3_EP02_SKU1"
"DisplayName"="The Sims™️ 3 Ambitions"
"ExePath"="E:\\Electronic arts\\3. Ambitions\\Game\\Bin\\TS3EP02.exe"
"Install Dir"="E:\\Electronic arts\\3. Ambitions"
"Locale"="en-US"
"ProductID"=dword:00000004

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sims\The Sims 3 Diesel Stuff]
"Country"="CA"
"ErgcRegPath"="Electronic Arts\\Sims\\The Sims 3 Diesel Stuff\\ergc"
"ContentID"="sims3_sp07_sku1"
"DisplayName"="The Sims™️ 3 Diesel Stuff"
"ExePath"="E:\\Electronic arts\\4. Diesel\\Game\\Bin\\TS3SP07.exe"
"Install Dir"="E:\\Electronic arts\\4. Diesel"
"Locale"="en-US"
"ProductID"=dword:0000000e

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sims\The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff]
"Country"="CA"
"ErgcRegPath"="Electronic Arts\\Sims\\The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff\\ergc"
"ContentID"="sims3_sp02_sku1"
"DisplayName"="The Sims™️ 3 Fast Lane Stuff"
"ExePath"="E:\\Electronic arts\\5. Fast Lane\\Game\\Bin\\TS3SP02.exe"
"Install Dir"="E:\\Electronic arts\\5. Fast Lane"
"Locale"="en-US"
"ProductID"=dword:00000005

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sims\The Sims 3 Generations]
"Country"="CA"
"ErgcRegPath"="Electronic Arts\\Sims\\The Sims 3 Generations\\ergc"
"ContentID"="sims3_ep04_sku1"
"DisplayName"="The Sims™️ 3 Generations"
"ExePath"="E:\\Electronic arts\\6. Generations\\Game\\Bin\\TS3EP04.exe"
"Install Dir"="E:\\Electronic arts\\6. Generations"
"Locale"="en-US"
"ProductID"=dword:00000008

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sims\The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff]
"Country"="CA"
"DisplayName"="The Sims™️ 3 High-End Loft Stuff"
"ExePath"="E:\\Electronic arts\\7. High-End Loft\\Game\\Bin\\TS3SP01.exe"
"Install Dir"="E:\\Electronic arts\\7. High-End Loft"
"Locale"="en-US"
"ProductID"=dword:00000003

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sims\The Sims 3 Seasons]
"Country"="CA"
"ErgcRegPath"="Electronic Arts\\Sims\\The Sims 3 Seasons\\ergc"
"ContentID"="sims3_ep08_sku1"
"DisplayName"="The Sims™️ 3 Seasons"
"ExePath"="E:\\Electronic arts\\16. Seasons\\Game\\Bin\\TS3EP08.exe"
"Install Dir"="E:\\Electronic arts\\16. Seasons"
"Locale"="en-US"
"ProductID"=dword:00000010

(P.S.: on a completely different note, my computer says that it is a 32 bit machine, but only the 64 bit prompt worked, and in general 64 bit programs run on my computer. Did HP just mislabel my computer?)

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 is corrupted or not properly installed. Empty Re: Sims 3 is corrupted or not properly installed.

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 05 Jan 2018, 14:50

Hello,

You can find out which version of windows you're running by going into Settings>System>About, but it shouldn't matter for The Sims 3, since it's a 32-bit game. 

To summarise:
You're installing the game on an external HD;
You've installed everything on the same day/without restarts;
Only Into the Future is giving you problems.

The only thing that occurs to me, if that it might be that you've restarted at some point before installing the expansion, and the external drive was assigned a different drive letter. if that's what happened, the regiostry entries don't match the drive letter anymore, and you can easily fix it by reassigning it the same drive letter it had when you installed the base game, and the other expansions. 
You can do that by right-clicking on the Windows icon in the lower left corner of your desktop, and going into Disk Management. Find the disk, and assign it a (fixed) letter.

Also, make sure you're installing "Into the Future" to the same partition as everything else!
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 is corrupted or not properly installed. Empty Re: Sims 3 is corrupted or not properly installed.

Post by Guest Wed 17 Jan 2018, 02:42

Hi! 
Thanks for the reply.
So I'm really bad with never restarting my computer, and I know for sure that I have not restarted my laptop that day. Also, I'm having issues with Paradise Living (I think that's what it's called? Too lazy to go look) and University Life.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 18 Jan 2018, 17:15

Syllabolic wrote:Hi! 
Thanks for the reply.
So I'm really bad with never restarting my computer, and I know for sure that I have not restarted my laptop that day. Also, I'm having issues with Paradise Living (I think that's what it's called? Too lazy to go look) and University Life.

Just another thought from me @Syllabolic. It is not directly stated in your opening message, but the very first time you installed the base game of The Sims 3, you must have installed it "someplace". That should be clear.

My question now is, did you MOVE that installation folder of the TS3 basegame, at any point after that?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Jan 2018, 02:55

Hey @The_gh0stm4n.

Yeah, now that I think about it, I think I did move the base game to a different folder. Its all on my removable hard drive, so I figured that since it wasn't creating its own game folder, I should do it manually. If I were to redo the whole process, how should I set up the folders? How would you recommend setting all that stuff up on a removable hard drive in general?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 23 Jan 2018, 22:19

Syllabolic wrote:Hey @The_gh0stm4n.

Yeah, now that I think about it, I think I did move the base game to a different folder. Its all on my removable hard drive, so I figured that since it wasn't creating its own game folder, I should do it manually. If I were to redo the whole process, how should I set up the folders? How would you recommend setting all that stuff up on a removable hard drive in general?

But did you move the installation folder (to the removable drive), AFTER installing it on C: ? If so, you should never do that. If you install the game on C: first, all registry entries will point to the location on C: If you then simply move the folder elsewhere, it will break your installation.

Apparently in that case it is possible to edit the registry such, to match the registry entries with the new location (on the removable drive).

In general though, if you intend to install on a removable drive straight away, you have to create the install folders manually, and before hand. Check out the guide here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19680-a-note-on-installing-the-sims-3-on-external-drives

Good luck!

Hail King Tea!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Jan 2018, 23:11

@The_gh0stm4n. No, I didn't move it from C:, when installing, I selected the D drive, and after it was installed I figured it would be too much clutter so I moved it to a different folder on the D drive.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 26 Jan 2018, 20:05

Syllabolic wrote:@The_gh0stm4n. (...) I selected the D drive, and after it was installed I figured it would be too much clutter so I moved it to a different folder on the D drive.

Sorry for the slightly belated reply,

I'm afraid it has the same effect though. WhatDidUJustCallMe?  You should not move the installation-created folders for The Sims 3, after they have been "placed" by the installer, and regardless of where they were installed in.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top