Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

External hard drive. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

External hard drive. [SOLVED] Empty External hard drive. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 05 Jan 2018, 20:09

Hi first of all I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place but I didn't know where to put it I was wondering can you run the Sims off an external hard drive I want to put the files what are currently in program x86 onto an external hard drive would this be possible and would be game still run thanks in advance for your help

Back to top Go down

External hard drive. [SOLVED] Empty Re: External hard drive. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 05 Jan 2018, 20:29

natgamer08 wrote:Hi first of all I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place but I didn't know where to put it I was wondering can you run the Sims off an external hard drive I want to put the files what are currently in program x86 onto an external hard drive would this be possible and would be game still run thanks in advance for your help

Hello @natgamer08,

How is that second harddrive connected to the main PC? I assume through USB? And does that drive have a separate power supply as well? If it does not have a separate power supply it is possible to run into some performance issues. Otherwise, I guess you should be fine.

P.S. if you can, grab one of these USB flashdrives with enough storage capacity; that should do as well if you cannot or don't want to have the game on the main harddrive.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Jan 2018, 20:31

I also have a partition Drive what's got enough space would that work better also yes it's got its own power supply and it's connected by USB the external hard drive

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 05 Jan 2018, 20:40

natgamer08 wrote:I also have a partition Drive what's got enough space would that work better also yes it's got its own power supply and it's connected by USB the external hard drive

You mean a section of your main drive that is partitioned? Yes, that should even be (slightly) better. Ultimately, for The Sims 4 it shouldn't make much of a difference though.

Should you notice serious performance drops or problems, then just move the install folder of The Sims 4 back to C: (or the other partition). Good luck again!

Warning: TEA
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Jan 2018, 20:47

So all I've got to do is copy the Sims 4 file to all them drives is there anything else I have to do as this is the first time I've ever done this thank you for all your help.

//EDIT

It worked thank you

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 12 Jan 2018, 18:24

No problem, and feel free to get in touch with us again anytime. Have fun! Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top