Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expansions were working, but suddenly they are all missing! Game updated through Cats & Dogs. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Expansions were working, but suddenly they are all missing! Game updated through Cats & Dogs. [SOLVED] Empty Expansions were working, but suddenly they are all missing! Game updated through Cats & Dogs. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 15 Jan 2018, 04:53

I have followed the instructions on this site exactly. My game was up and running beautifully for a few days and then today when I opened it, all of my expansions were missing. I tried moving my game from the Electronic Arts folder to the Program folder, and no luck. I don't have any error codes (no "Origin isn't running" etc.), the game loads quickly, but in the main screen none of my expansions are there and when I try to load a game, only the base game worlds are there. Note that I have updated everything through Cats & Dogs and the fix after that, exactly as the G4TW instructions tell you to. Cats & Dogs was working great for several gameplays until today.

*I am running this using Wineskin on my Mac.

Mod edit: moved to Mac Support.

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Expansions were working, but suddenly they are all missing! Game updated through Cats & Dogs. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Expansions were working, but suddenly they are all missing! Game updated through Cats & Dogs. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 15 Jan 2018, 10:26

Hello and welcome to G4TW forum @tmcdaniel

Try updating the game with this patch, if this didn't work then you didn't install EPs/SPs/GPs in order like shown here.

Back to top Go down

Expansions were working, but suddenly they are all missing! Game updated through Cats & Dogs. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Expansions were working, but suddenly they are all missing! Game updated through Cats & Dogs. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jan 2018, 18:56

Thank Milos. I already have that patch installed, as well as all other DLC in the correct order. Like I said in my original post, I have downloaded EVERYTHING in the correct order, exactly as it says to do on this site. The game was working with all DLC and the latest patch for about 3 gameplay sessions and then suddenly when I opened it the other day, it was all missing.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 16 Jan 2018, 19:06

tmcdaniel wrote:Thank Milos. I already have that patch installed, as well as all other DLC in the correct order. Like I said in my original post, I have downloaded EVERYTHING in the correct order, exactly as it says to do on this site. The game was working with all DLC and the latest patch for about 3 gameplay sessions and then suddenly when I opened it the other day, it was all missing.

Hello @tmcdaniel,

Keep in mind that those torrents are primarily intended for use in Windows OS only, and unfortunately we cannot give official Support on Mac OS-related issues (and I'm almost sure your issue is related to the differing operating system). The best we can offer is that you have a look at the section that says "Mac Fixes" on here, and look at some of the stickied guides that some users posted. Maybe they can shed more light on what you need to keep in mind.

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t32299-wineskin-wrapper-for-ts4-works-on-latest-1-36-104-1020-patch
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t31942-mac-tips-or-tricks-speed-up-your-mac-in-seconds
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t31552-how-to-download-and-install-the-sims-4-on-mac

From what is discernible already in these topics (and from the perspective of my non-knowledge in Mac OS), is that simply copying/pasting alone is not enough, unlike in Windows OS.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jan 2018, 00:47

Thanks for the thoughts- opened the game today and everything was there! No idea what happened, just happy to have it up and running!

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed then. Have fun with the game, and feel free to get in touch with us again, anytime!

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top