Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Updated to Cats & Dogs, Game now appears as "los Sims"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Updated to Cats & Dogs, Game now appears as "los Sims" Empty Updated to Cats & Dogs, Game now appears as "los Sims"

Post by Guest Sun 12 Nov 2017, 17:35

I updated the game to Cats & Dogs today via the Games4theWorld download, however it now shows up as "los sims" and is in Spanish. I haven't checked if anything else works, but obviously as I have no clue how to speak Spanish it isn't ideal. Does anybody know a fix?

Back to top Go down

Updated to Cats & Dogs, Game now appears as "los Sims" Empty Re: Updated to Cats & Dogs, Game now appears as "los Sims"

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 12 Nov 2017, 17:56

fatzo wrote:I updated the game to Cats & Dogs today via the Games4theWorld download, however it now shows up as "los sims" and is in Spanish. I haven't checked if anything else works, but obviously as I have no clue how to speak Spanish it isn't ideal. Does anybody know a fix?

Hello and welcome to the Forum @fatzo,

Please check out the solution here (step #2 in particular), and apply it yourself:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t29990-fix-for-endless-household-loading-screen-latest-available-game-folder-version-1-36-102-1020

Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Updated to Cats & Dogs, Game now appears as "los Sims" Empty Re: Updated to Cats & Dogs, Game now appears as "los Sims"

Post by Guest Sun 12 Nov 2017, 17:57

fatzo wrote:I updated the game to Cats & Dogs today via the Games4theWorld download, however it now shows up as "los sims" and is in Spanish. I haven't checked if anything else works, but obviously as I have no clue how to speak Spanish it isn't ideal. Does anybody know a fix?
Hi there,

You can go to your Game\Bin and open up RldOrigin.ini and change the language to en_US. Save the file and run the game as administrator again for changes to take effect.

@The_gh0stm4nAwesome Emote

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Nov 2017, 18:15

Ageha wrote:
Hi there,

You can go to your Game\Bin and open up RldOrigin.ini and change the language to en_US. Save the file and run the game as administrator again for changes to take effect.

@The_gh0stm4nAwesome Emote
Language=en_US
Languages=cs_CZ,da_DK,de_DE,en_US,es_ES,fi_FI,fr_FR,it_IT,ja_JP,ko_KR,nl_NL,no_NO,pl_PL,pt_BR,ru_RU,sv_SE,zh_TW
LanguageHKLM=Software\Maxis\The Sims 4\Locale
Flags=1

Already set to en_US

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Nov 2017, 18:17

@fatzo:

Ah, this is like the Toddler's stuff update all over again. LOL. Have you tried placing the game folder The_gh0stm4n linked above?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Nov 2017, 18:18

Ageha wrote:@fatzo:

Ah, this is like the Toddler's stuff update all over again. LOL. Have you tried placing the game folder The_gh0stm4n linked above?
I just ran the game as admin again, and it's seemingly sorted it. How strange, the first 5 attempts of running as admin didn't  sort it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Nov 2017, 18:21

fatzo wrote:I just ran the game as admin again, and it's seemingly sorted it. How strange, the first 5 attempts of running as admin didn't  sort it.
Sims 4 is actually weird like that. Sometimes the game won't even start at all. LOL. 
Feel free to test out the games and whatnot. (CAS etc). If there's any other bugs or you have any other questions, do update them here. 
Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Nov 2017, 18:25

Ageha wrote:
fatzo wrote:I just ran the game as admin again, and it's seemingly sorted it. How strange, the first 5 attempts of running as admin didn't  sort it.
Sims 4 is actually weird like that. Sometimes the game won't even start at all. LOL. 
Feel free to test out the games and whatnot. (CAS etc). If there's any other bugs or you have any other questions, do update them here. 
Very Happy
Will do, luckily my worlds / saves seem to be working fine, and the Mods / CC still work fine, so i'm happy about that. Might need to update some, know of a way to bulk update? as i've got around 25 mods, and I really don't want to have to go through each one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Nov 2017, 02:22

Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.Help none of that worked. need moar help.
What he said.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 13 Nov 2017, 18:53

lazyguyMC wrote:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.Help none of that worked. need moar help.
What he said.

You actually have to DELETE or RENAME the old "Game"-folder, before you put a new one in. This is a very common mistake, but you have to do it this way, or it won't work.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Nov 2017, 02:05

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
lazyguyMC wrote:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.:Why God.Help none of that worked. need moar help.
What he said.

You actually have to DELETE or RENAME the old "Game"-folder, before you put a new one in. This is a very common mistake, but you have to do it this way, or it won't work.
I deleted the game folder and put the fixed folder and that didn't work either.  Why God.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 15 Nov 2017, 16:03

lazyguyMC wrote:I deleted the game folder and put the fixed folder and that didn't work either.  Why God.

Try removing ALL your mods and custom content then.

Warning: TEA
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Nov 2017, 16:56

lazyguyMC wrote:
The_gh0stm4n wrote:
What he said.

I deleted the game folder and put the fixed folder and that didn't work either.  Why God.
I actually just wrote en_US and ran the game as admin and it worked. Try writing en_US again and save it and than start the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top