Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 problems - I tried fixing my Pets game, now I can't play at all. [FIXED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 problems - I tried fixing my Pets game, now I can't play at all. [FIXED] Empty Sims 3 problems - I tried fixing my Pets game, now I can't play at all. [FIXED]

Post by Guest Fri 27 Jan 2012, 23:12

Sims 3 problems - I tried fixing my Pets game, now I can't play at all. [FIXED] 2005046333
Updated:
Admin helped me by first, following these instructions and installing everything:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly-updated
Next, the manual update:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v129-fix-manual-patch
And, finally, the ultimate fix:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

While I still can't open my Launcher, that isn't really necessary since my game is full updated.
Thank you Admin for all your help, time and effort!

Original problem:
Sims 3 problems - I tried fixing my Pets game, now I can't play at all. [FIXED] 3479271199
I downloaded the Sims 3 Complete (through you guys - Games4TheWorld), and had no problems. Then I downloaded Pets (Also through you guys. Fixed, not Full_Fixed. I didn't get the chance to try the newer update). I didn't have any problems until I tried Pets, but I really wanted to play it, so I tried doing the following things:
One, I tried reinstalling Complete and Pets, 'cause I wasn't sure if it was a mod problem or not.
Then I went to https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-10-01-2012 and did everything, 1-5. (As a side note, the DEP list would not let me add the Sims3Launcher.exe files in the base file or any of the expansions. It said that certain things weren't allowed on the list 'cause they were needed to keep Vista working.)
None of it helped, so I was going to try and do as https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly-updated said to do. Before I uninstalled everything, none of the Sims 3 launchers would launch. It would say the program has stopped working and that DEP has blocked this program.
I installed the Sims 3 base and started updating it. The update was done downloading and it was installing when I had the same problem - it said the program has stopped working and that DEP has blocked this program. I changed the DEP settings to what they were before, restarted, tried again. Had the same problem. Then, just to see if it would work, I completely turned off DEP and tried again. Didn't work. (As another side note, I tried returning it to the default 'run this program in compatibility mode for' before all of this.)
When I tried opening my game, it gives me the 'please insert disk' error. So, not only can I not get my game to update so I can continue installing the rest, I can't even play my base game. I didn't have any problems until I tried fixing Pets. If there's any suggestion on what I can do to get things working again, I'd be eternally grateful. WhatDidUJustCallMe? I'd rather be without the Pets expansion, if it means getting to play again.

Sad Sims 3 problems - I tried fixing my Pets game, now I can't play at all. [FIXED] 2830496658 Crying or Very sad

Sims 3 problems - I tried fixing my Pets game, now I can't play at all. [FIXED] 1577371209 [b]

Last edited by Admin on Sat 28 Jan 2012, 14:46; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Solved.)

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 problems - I tried fixing my Pets game, now I can't play at all. [FIXED] Empty Re: Sims 3 problems - I tried fixing my Pets game, now I can't play at all. [FIXED]

Post by Admin Fri 27 Jan 2012, 23:17

Hello,

Please contact me via the Forum's chatbox when you see me online. Sounds quite messed up, but I'm sure we'll get it to work, don't worry.
I'll see what I can do via TeamViewer for you.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 problems - I tried fixing my Pets game, now I can't play at all. [FIXED] Empty Re: Sims 3 problems - I tried fixing my Pets game, now I can't play at all. [FIXED]

Post by Guest Fri 27 Jan 2012, 23:46

Oh gosh, I feel like the biggest noob ever.. Um, would sending you a private message do that? Or what do I have to do to be able to chat message you? .___.;

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 27 Jan 2012, 23:52

AlyxZombie wrote:Oh gosh, I feel like the biggest noob ever.. Um, would sending you a private message do that? Or what do I have to do to be able to chat message you? .___.;
Hello,

Just go to the homepage of the Forum and then scroll to the top. You'll see this box called "Chatbox".
In the upper-right corner of the Chatbox, you'll see a button called "Login". Click it to log into the chatbox.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Jan 2012, 10:14

Hi there's an error when I downloaded the Sims 3 Pets from Games4theWorld. I had previous mods installed and everytime I hit CONTINUE when he program asks if I want to go on with the mods, the game shuts down. This has only happened when I installed Sims 3 Pets.

What should I do??

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 28 Jan 2012, 14:15

saturday wrote:Hi there's an error when I downloaded the Sims 3 Pets from Games4theWorld. I had previous mods installed and everytime I hit CONTINUE when he program asks if I want to go on with the mods, the game shuts down. This has only happened when I installed Sims 3 Pets.

What should I do??

Hello,
Could you please open your own topic? It'll be easier to help you if we keep everyone's problems in separate topics, thank you.

Topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top