Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SIMS 3 PETS, new game Play button wont work.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SIMS 3 PETS, new game Play button wont work.[SOLVED] Empty SIMS 3 PETS, new game Play button wont work.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 04 Aug 2012, 11:44

Okay, so after downloading and installing as precisely as i could, i had to delete some CC and everything, and i got the game up and running.
However, as soon as it gets to the choose game screen, i click 'New Game', click Appaloosa Valley or whatever the Pets world is and pressed the Play button, but it will not do anything.

I did notice, if it's any correlation that when i did everything, it told me to put things in the Program Files (x86) or something like that, and mine is only Program Files. i'm not sure if that's just a difference, and i have Windows Vista, just like it was shown.

And also, when i downloaded Origins with the installation, i created an account but it says i have no games, so i'm not sure what that is about. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP. i want to play this so bad and i've tried everything about the crash fixes and freeze fixes, but it's not a crash or a freeze really, so i don't know what to do. Any help is appreciated.

Back to top Go down

SIMS 3 PETS, new game Play button wont work.[SOLVED] Empty Re: SIMS 3 PETS, new game Play button wont work.[SOLVED]

Post by invalidusername Sat 04 Aug 2012, 15:26

I would recommend pulling out all of your mods/cc, the easiest way is to take your "Sims 3" folder in your documents, and just drag it to the desktop. This makes the game create a whole new blank folder, and still keeps your saves and such safe if we fix this. Pets completely changed the way most of it works, so anything from before pets might cause some errors in your game.

Also, what's your base game version, and did you use the fix?

Origin shows you don't have games because they aren't legitimate copies, and you don't have them registered through EA.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

SIMS 3 PETS, new game Play button wont work.[SOLVED] Empty Re: SIMS 3 PETS, new game Play button wont work.[SOLVED]

Post by Admin Sat 04 Aug 2012, 16:54

Hello,

You do not need Origin anyway, I recommend removing it.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Aug 2012, 00:16

i removed all custom content from my game, like i said in the first post, before it would load up and everything. i tried moving the sims 3 folder to my desktop, like invalid said and all it did was take my saved games from out of my Sims 3 Pets game, and the Play button still didn't work.

i have the hard copy of the base game, all patches up to date and everything. i just bought it last weekend. if you're looking for a different version, just tell me how to find it.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sun 05 Aug 2012, 05:11

That sounds like you've done everything right..

Can you take a screenshot of what the family select screen looks like for you when you try to start a new town?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Aug 2012, 07:13

SIMS 3 PETS, new game Play button wont work.[SOLVED] SCREENSHOT

there's nothing odd about it, i had two games saved, and since i moved it and removed CC, they have disappeared. and now i found out that the log in button does not do anything as well. the "..." options button works and i can select which world, but when i press the Play button nothing happens. i have no idea what the problem is.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 05 Aug 2012, 07:51

Hello,

There is indeed nothing odd about it. I would recommend going into the options to turn off the in game store. It probably won't help you at all with this problem, but it is recommended because it can cause all kinds of problems in game.

Lets see, you are using the fix, and your game is version 1.36?

SIMS 3 PETS, new game Play button wont work.[SOLVED] Uxziu
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Aug 2012, 08:59

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

There is indeed nothing odd about it. I would recommend going into the options to turn off the in game store. It probably won't help you at all with this problem, but it is recommended because it can cause all kinds of problems in game.

Lets see, you are using the fix, and your game is version 1.36?

okay, thank you very much for that advice, my game does run super slow with my stuff in it. anyways, when i look at the instruction video for the fix, it says i must have Generations or Town Life stuff downloaded, sadly i don't have either and yes my game version is 1.36, as up to date as possible.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 05 Aug 2012, 09:28

Hello,

That video was made when there was nothing beyond Generations and Town Life stuff. Other expansions will do, in fact, any one of the expansions that were released after Generations will do for the fix.
Is it just Appaloosa Plains that won't load, or other worlds as well? And how about your saves?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Aug 2012, 09:39

the only expansion i have downloaded was Pets, and we see how that's going haha. so would i just be able to download it and it'll work?
no, it's not just Appaloosa Plains, it's both the base game world and that one. it's like the Play button is just broken. all the buttons are broken, i even went in to turn off the in-game store and it wouldn't let me do that. just none of the buttons work.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 05 Aug 2012, 09:42

Hello,

Yes, the fix will work with Pets. Which crack are you using now, the one from Pets? If you are, that one is outdated. It could be the cause.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Aug 2012, 09:45

okay, so i will download and do what i need to do with the fix, and it will give me new cracks, and it should be fixed?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 05 Aug 2012, 10:45

Hello,

There's a good chance, yes. You'll only need to use the files from the #crack folder though.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Aug 2012, 11:34

ahh it worked! i feel really stupid now, considering that was the main thing everyone's told to do. but the file said Full/Fixed so i figured Fixed, fix, etc. i don't know either way i got it to work! thank you so much ElDi. now off i go to test which CC i can put back into my game.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 05 Aug 2012, 11:53

Hello,

You’re welcome.
Don’t hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again!
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top