Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

G4TW Sims 3 won't load with G4TW Store collection.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

G4TW Sims 3 won't load with G4TW Store collection. Empty G4TW Sims 3 won't load with G4TW Store collection.

Post by Guest Thu 01 Feb 2018, 18:23

I downloaded The Sims 3 and all EP/SP from here. I also downloaded the Store collection.

I installed TS3 (+ all EPs/SPs) with all the details indicated in the readmes and also with the Ultimate fix posted here in the forums.

My TS3 game runs fine. It loads, I can use the launcher, I can play.

The issue is with the The Store collection. As soon as I installed the Sims3pack for the worlds (I don't think this is the problem) and put the folders (DCBackup, etc) in the My Documents folder the trouble started.

While the game seemingly launches well (I can't skip the intro video, however, showing there is some problem),  the game gets stuck, forever in a loop at the 99% of any of the worlds loading screens.

I think everyone knows that this is a problem of an "outdated" mod but the only thing I have is what I have described above. The Sims 3 plus all the EPs & SPs and the Store collection downloaded from here. I don't have any other third party custom content installed.

I did not install the final Sims 3 patch, 1.69. But instead opted for the 1.67 that G4TW recommends.

Could anyone shine a light on this situation? It's been quite a while since I had to reinstall TS3 and this is quite puzzling - does the Store collection from here works for everyone and just not for me?

I'm sure that as soon as I take out any of the Store folders (DCBackup, Library, Mods, or Downloads - Mods and DCBackup most likely imo) the problem will be gone - but what is the fix for this issue?

Thank you very much and sorry for so much text.

Back to top Go down

G4TW Sims 3 won't load with G4TW Store collection. Empty Re: G4TW Sims 3 won't load with G4TW Store collection.

Post by Guest Thu 01 Feb 2018, 18:43

Did you also apply the latest ccmerged (August 10th 2014)
Extract with Winrar and place in the folder Mods\Overrides.
Also DELETE existing CCmerged from the folder DCBackup and place a copy of the latest CCMerged. (So don't overwrite)

Did you apply the Last Fix (July 2014)
Extract with Winrar and place in Mods\Packages.

Did you apply the Car Fix
Extract with winrar and place in Mods\Packages

Did you apply the Cucumber Fix
Extract with Winrar and place in Mods\Packages

Back to top Go down

G4TW Sims 3 won't load with G4TW Store collection. Empty Re: G4TW Sims 3 won't load with G4TW Store collection.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 01 Feb 2018, 19:16

babysweet wrote:(...)

I'm sure that as soon as I take out any of the Store folders (DCBackup, Library, Mods, or Downloads - Mods and DCBackup most likely imo) the problem will be gone - but what is the fix for this issue?

Hello and welcome to the Forum @babysweet,

The store collection works fine for me. Please try deleting the scriptcache.package file under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3, and also try disabling interactive loading screens from the game options.

Other than that...so does the store fix definitely cause the problem for you, or not? 

Tarac wrote:Did you also apply the latest ccmerged (August 10th 2014)
Extract with Winrar and place in the folder Mods\Overrides.
Also DELETE existing CCmerged from the folder DCBackup and place a copy of the latest CCMerged. (So don't overwrite)

Did you apply the Last Fix (July 2014)
Extract with Winrar and place in Mods\Packages.

Did you apply the Car Fix
Extract with winrar and place in Mods\Packages

Did you apply the Cucumber Fix
Extract with Winrar and place in Mods\Packages

Those fixes are included in G4TW's store fixes already, and you can actually overwrite the existing ccmerged.package, and replace it with the new one.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top