Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Genuine TS4 copy vs Ingenuine.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Genuine TS4 copy vs Ingenuine. Empty Genuine TS4 copy vs Ingenuine.

Post by Guest Fri 02 Feb 2018, 20:53

Hey guys,

I have a question regarding my genuine and ingenuine copy of the game. The issue is that I want to install Origin version of the game because I want to use it for something but I am afraid it will somehow collide with my ingenuine version of the game since the documents folder is the same location the genuine version would be installed. I am not worried about the game files since I have my ingenuine copy in completely different path the genuine version would normally install. 
I already backed up my TS4 folder in documents and I am just wondering if these two can "live" together. With the pirated version I got all the downloads you guys offered so far but with the Origin version I have only Digital Deluxe.

Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Genuine TS4 copy vs Ingenuine. Empty Re: Genuine TS4 copy vs Ingenuine.

Post by Guest Fri 02 Feb 2018, 21:16

Yes you can use legit and pirated versions together as long as the install folders are in different directories.
I presume you want the legal version to access the gallery.
Via Origin you can download whatever you wish from the gallery and it will show up in your pirated game, ready for use.
Don't actually use the legal game for playing The Sims 4 because it lacks a lot of items that are present in your pirated version which will get lost from your game progress folder The Sims 4 in Documents\Electronic Arts as soon as you save the legal game.

Therefore use the Origin version for access to the Gallery only

When you allow Origin to update your legal game there might come a moment where you'll see the "unable to start, higher version, update via Origin" error playing the pirated version.
In such cases copy the file Default.ini from the directory of your legal game\The Sims 4\Game\Bin to  the same location of your pirated game.

When playing the pirated version Origin must not be active on your computer !!!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 02 Feb 2018, 21:33

Elleanora wrote:Hey guys,

I have a question regarding my genuine and ingenuine copy of the game. The issue is that I want to install Origin version of the game because I want to use it for something but I am afraid it will somehow collide with my ingenuine version of the game since the documents folder is the same location the genuine version would be installed. I am not worried about the game files since I have my ingenuine copy in completely different path the genuine version would normally install. 
I already backed up my TS4 folder in documents and I am just wondering if these two can "live" together. With the pirated version I got all the downloads you guys offered so far but with the Origin version I have only Digital Deluxe.

Thank you!

Hello @Elleanora,

We also have the TS4 Gallery Collection of items, so unless you wanted to download and/or upload your own individual stuff, there really isn't any need to use a legit basegame of TS4. Chances are, if you just want to download items, you can already find lots of interesting stuff on our TS4 Gallery! Besides the post I linked to, there is another thread in the section that contains fulfilled individual item requests, in case you didn't actually want to download complete Gallery-creators.

Other than that, you have two methods of making the games co-exist:

+) https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t24078-how-to-bypass-folder-switching-between-a-legit-and-cracked-sims-4

+) https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t24433-i-have-both-origin-g4tw-versions-of-sims-4-how-can-i-manage-the-documents-folder

Personally, I prefer the second method, even if it involves a bit more effort. But in the end, the result is roughly the same. Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Feb 2018, 08:52

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
We also have the TS4 Gallery Collection of items, so unless you wanted to download and/or upload your own individual stuff, there really isn't any need to use a legit basegame of TS4. Chances are, if you just want to download items, you can already find lots of interesting stuff on our TS4 Gallery! Besides the post I linked to, there is another thread in the section that contains fulfilled individual item requests, in case you didn't actually want to download complete Gallery-creators.

Sadly, the gallery hasn't been addressed or updated since November and even then there were scores of unfulfilled requests. Not to mention the lost downloads from a banned user.

I wanted an official Origin version, not only for the gallery access, but also for moral reasons. I want to support the developers but I am against "must be online" games in principle. With the recent sales, I can assuage my conscience (I OWN the game, I'm not stealing) but sticking to my principles (It's my game! How dare you tell me when and where I can play). I do have a major advantage in that there are multiple computers in my home and I just downloaded the Origin Game onto the desktop and the Cracked version onto the laptop. One of my biggest reasons for the cracked version is playing on road trips! I keep all of my backups and tray files on a flashdrive to prevent lag anyway.

Elleanora; You can also create another Windows user profile for your other version of the game. different profiles use different Documents folders, meaning no overlap for confusion. I was on my nephew's computer when I first started playing Sims 4.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Feb 2018, 11:03

ElephantsChildFoamy wrote:
Elleanora; You can also create another Windows user profile for your other version of the game. different profiles use different Documents folders, meaning no overlap for confusion. I was on my nephew's computer when I first started playing Sims 4.
In case you speak more languages, you can also start a complete new game in another language as that will use a different folder in Documents\Electronic Arts.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 04 Feb 2018, 11:46

ElephantsChildFoamy wrote:Sadly, the gallery hasn't been addressed or updated since November and even then there were scores of unfulfilled requests. Not to mention the lost downloads from a banned user.

Despite the difficulties, I think the Gallery section - even if it was only active for a few months - was a nice side-project, and we should think back about it in positive terms.

My message was merely a suggestion, that it is not necessarily imperative to install an Origin basegame of The Sims 4 to get Gallery items. Despite the section not having been updated in a little while, there are still TONS of items. And especially given the fact that 9 out of 10 users are having huge difficulties with managing their folders under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, it could be a usable - if only temporary - alternative solution.

I am sure you are well-meaning, on the other hand (and with all due respect) the comment does make me scratch my virtual head, and for several reasons. I wouldn't necessarily call the comment unfair, and maybe you are "just" not following up on the Forum on a regular basis, nonetheless let me set the record straight.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

+) the fact that (good and active) volunteer Helpers/Moderators are virtually impossible to find these days, is something that most 'outsiders' underestimate. People are generally quick to demand "more service", "quicker response times", "more stuff", etc. But when it comes to actually doing the work on the Forum, the brainstorming ends. A lot of the volunteers are enthusiastic the first few days, but shortly thereafter leave again - when the initial 'thrill' wears off. Therefore please understand that we will be careful in the future with starting new projects; especially if they are suggested from outsiders (= non-G4TW team members).

+) plus, we cannot afford paying volunteer staffers, nor can we give out moderator powers all too easily either. There are certain material perks for reaching 'milestones' on the G4TW team, but that is nowhere near a real salary.

+) the entire section has become an organizational mess; even with super-active volunteer Helpers it would have been too difficult to manage over the long run. For a more elaborate explanation, see our comments in this thread here.

+) the "banned user" that you hinted at used his own adfly links, despite the rules not allowing regular users to do so. If you look closely at the messages of @ithrowknife, you will notice a "Mod edit" and a download link that contains all of the items that the user uploaded. It's not an elegant solution by any stretch, but since those items were hosted on his own filesharing account and ~Ann~ wanted us to not completely lose the items, we decided to go for an emergency solution and quick-downloaded everything ourselves - before @ithrowknife eventually took down the stuff.

+) the post with my own "collections" of Gallery creators was moved to a different section, but the permissions have not been fixed yet (I cannot edit my posts there, so I cannot update the stuff either). Even so, the existing collection of items should have something for everyone. As soon as ~Ann~ has more time again we can continue re-organizing parts of the Forum - and in the process the Gallery-thread will receive updates again. When that will happen though, I cannot tell.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top