Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broken save-file/game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Broken save-file/game? Empty Broken save-file/game?

Post by Guest Sat 03 Feb 2018, 11:59

Hello!

I have recently downloaded all The Sims 4 and the remaining content (with the exception of everything after Parenthood), and have been playing for a few days, with the game running smoothly up until yesterday.

I've been playing with a family, in which one of the sims is a detective. I sent them to work alone on one sim day, and the game showed that he was at work, even though he was home. There were no work options available to choose (work hard/normal/leave early, etc.). Since the game still treated him as working after his work hours and I couldn't choose to leave early, I went to manage worlds and then came back to the household in an attempt to fix it. The issue was fixed, however the sim was suddenly unemployed. I ended up using cheats to get him back to his previous career level, however once I attempted to join him at work the other day, it took me to the travel menu. If I clicked their household, a loading screen appeared and I had the world menu once again. If I clicked on which sim to play (and it did show the detective was at the police station), the same thing happened, a loading screen followed by the menu once again.

I ended up re-installing the game and the rest of the EPs, but once I loaded the save file on the newly reinstalled game, the same problem still occured. My assumption is the save-file is broken, however it may be a game issue related to active careers (although I will mention the inactive careers also had an issue in which I couldn't choose if they work hard, normal or etc.). Does anyone have any tips if I could still get the save file working? Or is it a game issue that needs to be treated?

Also, here's a picture of my TS4 folder. Perhaps I did something wrong since I suck at following (or comprehending) directions.
Broken save-file/game? HS5ZpqX

Apologies if a similar issue had already been discussed, but I couldn't find anything during my intense googling.
P.S. I'm running the 32-bit version on a 64-bit laptop, and the temporary fix is installed as I had the problem of infinite loading screens before.

Back to top Go down

Broken save-file/game? Empty Re: Broken save-file/game?

Post by Guest Sat 03 Feb 2018, 13:19

Although I suspect that the error is somewhere in your progress folder Documents\ELectronic Arts\The Sims 4, you might try this:

1. Download the latest Game folder from https://goo.gl/wK4LdG
2. Extract with Winrar
3. Open the folder Game\Bin and open the file RldOrigin.ini with f.e. Notepad
4. Amend CNT=151 to read CNT=136 and save file
5. Now delete both Game and Game_ from your install folder (your picture)
6. Copy the newly downloaded, extracted and amended folder Game to your install folder
7. Start game as an Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Feb 2018, 13:46

Tarac wrote:Although I suspect that the error is somewhere in your progress folder Documents\ELectronic Arts\The Sims 4, you might try this:

1. Download the latest Game folder from
2. Extract with Winrar
3. Open the folder Game\Bin and open the file RldOrigin.ini with f.e. Notepad
4. Amend CNT=151 to read CNT=136 and save file
5. Now delete both Game and Game_ from your install folder (your picture)
6. Copy the newly downloaded, extracted and amended folder Game to your install folder
7. Start game as an Administrator
Thanks for the help! However this didn't solve the problem, and in fact it even started taking me to the travel menu, when everyone in the household was at home. Is there anything that can be done to the save files in the documents EA folder?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Feb 2018, 17:26

Rename your existing folder Dcomtents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to f.e. The Sims 4_old
Start new game
Then transfer the contents from Saves in Rhe Sims 4_old  partwise to the newly, automatically, created folder The Sims 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Feb 2018, 18:38

Tarac wrote:Rename your existing folder Dcomtents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to f.e. The Sims 4_old
Start new game
Then transfer the contents from Saves in Rhe Sims 4_old  partwise to the newly, automatically, created folder The Sims 4
Done, problem still there. I guess the save file is just corrupt. Thanks for your help though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Feb 2018, 18:47

Sorry for double post. Attempted creating a new save file and playing the game from scratch, and everything in Create a Sim, except for the trait/name panel and the gallery was a black screen, so the game must be broken?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top