Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem starting.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem starting. Empty Problem starting.

Post by Guest Thu 15 Feb 2018, 23:47

hi if i install all expansion packs an game gives trouble an i delete gamevision would i lose all my expansion packs in game

Back to top Go down

Problem starting. Empty Re: Problem starting.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 16 Feb 2018, 00:37

tinacj26 wrote:hi if i install all expansion packs an game gives trouble an i delete gamevision would i lose all my expansion packs in game

Hello and welcome to the Forum @tinacj26,

Can I ask you for starters to avoid posting all over the place? I can imagine how frustrating this must be, but it only makes our task of trying to assist you all the more difficult.

Also, this problem here is different from what you wrote in the e-mail. If you get the "initialization error at startup", please check your antivirus software & Windows Defender. You may have to do research, on how to correctly set up "exclusions" in your antivirus software. As for Windows Defender on Windows 10, please see THIS GUIDE HERE, to learn how to turn it off.

Once you are confident that the exclusions are set up correctly, please re-apply (copy/paste) whatever your latest Sims 4 torrent is, that you used. Then try the game again.

Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Feb 2018, 00:42

Sorry

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 16 Feb 2018, 00:47

It's alright; take your time to get the antivirus exclusions right, if done properly you should only have to do it once. 

If you also get an error about "user data directory was created with a newer version of the game etc.", then go under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and delete the GameVersion.txt. This will allow you to play the game usually, and of course with all installed DLC.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Feb 2018, 01:00

An can u answer one more thing for me when installing fitness stuff , Toddler stuff , Cats and Dogs  and laundry day stuff expansion do I have to keep renaming an replacing the game folder for them until the last installed pack or is it just the game folder after installing toddlers, vampire ect should be renamed or deleted alone.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 16 Feb 2018, 01:07

You only have to do this ONCE (yes, you can do it after Toddlers/Vampires/Bowling). All subsequent Game-folders from the DLC, can just be copied/pasted into the existing installation.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Feb 2018, 01:18

Ok thanks for the reply btw u were very helpful

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 16 Feb 2018, 02:07

tinacj26 wrote:Ok thanks for the reply btw u were very helpful

Please keep us posted!

Carlos is tha man   Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Feb 2018, 02:28

I just made a mistake when installing the expansion I missed out cats and dogs pack

//EDIT

Ok I installed everything over up to Laundry Day Stuff do I really need to install The Sims 4 update 1-39-74-1020 after that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Feb 2018, 11:06

tinacj26 wrote:Ok I installed everything over up to Laundry Day Stuff do I really need to install The Sims 4 update 1-39-74-1020 after that?
That update is only required when you use Custom Content.
Otherwise just wait for the release of the new gamepack Jungle Adventures as most probably that expansion will bear another version-number again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Feb 2018, 17:56

Hi ok I stopped up to laundry day stuff an I tried launching the sims 4 and it's not working properly it's opening but white screen an saying sims 4 isn't responding.

//EDIT

Got ur reply so I reposted my msg here...Hi need some help again game keeps saying sims 4 isn't responding in build mode in live mode an when. Trying to save game doh know wat to do again I installed everything in order an the right way an it keeps saying I don't have enough memory or something when I launch game but I have at least 357Gb on my C drive...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Feb 2018, 10:58

Try a new The Sims 4 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts by calling the present one The Sims 4_old.
Then start game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Feb 2018, 04:47

So Chang the folder name in Sims 4 in Document / Electronic Art to that new name or the other one in Profile x86 or something sims 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Feb 2018, 11:00

tinacj26 wrote:So Chang the folder name in Sims 4 in Document / Electronic Art to that new name or the other one in Profile x86 or something sims 4
Rename the The Sims 4 folder in Document \Electronic Arts, not the one in Program Files.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Feb 2018, 03:24

Ok I'll try that an c an get to u

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 25 Feb 2018, 23:37

tinacj26 wrote:an it keeps saying I don't have enough memory or something when I launch game but I have at least 357Gb on my C drive...

That might come a bit late, but how many GBs of RAM does your computer have? Not the empty space on the hard-drive, but the RAM...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top