Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to Uninstall/Modify TS4 Reloaded, But Able to Play TS4 G4TW. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to Uninstall/Modify TS4 Reloaded, But Able to Play TS4 G4TW. [SOLVED] Empty Unable to Uninstall/Modify TS4 Reloaded, But Able to Play TS4 G4TW. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 21 Feb 2018, 01:13

I've currently got every G4TW TS4 torrent installed on my PC. The game runs perfectly, I've followed every install instruction. However, before I found G4TW, I had the City Living Torrent from Internal-Reloaded installed. Now, I can't find any files related to that install, and in my programs the boxes to "Modify" and "Uninstall" are unclickable. So this program is just taking up space. My question is, is the G4TW install of the sims 4 clashing with the reloaded one? I'm uninstalled the G4TW version several times but I still can't unstall or even run the internal-reloaded version. Again, I can't find any files/folders/program data that relates to the internal-reloaded version. The only time i even see the program is in my windows app page.

Do I need to uninstall TS4 G4TW, reinstall the Internal-reloaded version and try to uninstall it from there?
I'm not sure if the two versions are clashing in anyway, but I don't know where else to go for answers...I've searched r/crackwatch, I've done multiple Google (and even Bing) searches for answers with no luck.
ANY help is appreciated.

Windows 10 x64 Bit
Fully patched G4TW TS4 game

Back to top Go down

Unable to Uninstall/Modify TS4 Reloaded, But Able to Play TS4 G4TW. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to Uninstall/Modify TS4 Reloaded, But Able to Play TS4 G4TW. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 21 Feb 2018, 19:00

erroranonalli wrote:I've currently got every G4TW TS4 torrent installed on my PC. The game runs perfectly, I've followed every install instruction. However, before I found G4TW, I had the City Living Torrent from Internal-Reloaded installed. Now, I can't find any files related to that install, and in my programs the boxes to "Modify" and "Uninstall" are unclickable. So this program is just taking up space. My question is, is the G4TW install of the sims 4 clashing with the reloaded one? I'm uninstalled the G4TW version several times but I still can't unstall or even run the internal-reloaded version. Again, I can't find any files/folders/program data that relates to the internal-reloaded version. The only time i even see the program is in my windows app page.

Do I need to uninstall TS4 G4TW, reinstall the Internal-reloaded version and try to uninstall it from there?
I'm not sure if the two versions are clashing in anyway, but I don't know where else to go for answers...I've searched r/crackwatch, I've done multiple Google (and even Bing) searches for answers with no luck.
ANY help is appreciated.

Windows 10 x64 Bit

Welcome to the Forum @erroranonalli,

From what you're writing it seems the RLD version and G4TW version are installed in two different places. You can simply 'uninstall' the RLD (and G4TW version as well) by simply deleting its installation folder. There is no fancy uninstall routine anymore - with most modern PC games - unlike in earlier times. These days it's enough in 9 out 10 cases to just delete the install folder of a game, if you don't like playing it anymore...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Unable to Uninstall/Modify TS4 Reloaded, But Able to Play TS4 G4TW. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to Uninstall/Modify TS4 Reloaded, But Able to Play TS4 G4TW. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 22 Feb 2018, 04:42

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
erroranonalli wrote:I've currently got every G4TW TS4 torrent installed on my PC. The game runs perfectly, I've followed every install instruction. However, before I found G4TW, I had the City Living Torrent from Internal-Reloaded installed. Now, I can't find any files related to that install, and in my programs the boxes to "Modify" and "Uninstall" are unclickable. So this program is just taking up space. My question is, is the G4TW install of the sims 4 clashing with the reloaded one? I'm uninstalled the G4TW version several times but I still can't unstall or even run the internal-reloaded version. Again, I can't find any files/folders/program data that relates to the internal-reloaded version. The only time i even see the program is in my windows app page.

ANY help is appreciated.

Windows 10 x64 Bit

Welcome to the Forum @erroranonalli,

From what you're writing it seems the RLD version and G4TW version are installed in two different places. You can simply 'uninstall' the RLD (and G4TW version as well) by simply deleting its installation folder. There is no fancy uninstall routine anymore - with most modern PC games - unlike in earlier times. These days it's enough in 9 out 10 cases to just delete the install folder of a game, if you don't like playing it anymore...
Thank you for the advice. Smile I finally fixed the issue by running the uninstaller application from inside the game's directory. I had to uninstall and reinstall the rld version twice before it was successfully purged from my pc. Lesson learned for sure. Thanks again for the help.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 24 Feb 2018, 18:15

erroranonalli wrote:Thank you for the advice. Smile I finally fixed the issue by running the uninstaller application (...)

Like I said though, it would not have been necessary. I know that especially for people around my own age range* (late 20s to early 30s) and older, who are mostly used to these fancy automated installers with a GUI, the concept of "just" deleting an install folder in order to uninstall a program...does feel strange. But that's still how most modern PC games work. They are portable, in the sense that their install folders even after the installation can be moved freely around, without having to worry about the registry. And they can be uninstalled simply by removing their install folders.

Had you just deleted the install folder of the RLD version, the remaining registry entries would not have hurt.

That said, your problem seems solved, so I will lock the thread now.

*not sure if that applies to you, but for the sake of illustration I will just generalize in this one instance. Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top