Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't place sims in worlds. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't place sims in worlds. [SOLVED] Empty Can't place sims in worlds. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 22 Feb 2018, 04:39

I had a problem start about 2 days ago (Feb 19th). The game worked fine on the 18th, then when I got on to play it on the 19th, I kept getting an error saying that my game patch and origin wasn't linking up (paraphrasing). So I updated, then figured out I was using the wrong game files (the ones under Electronics Art, not the one under Program Files 86x). I went to the right files, and got another error, it said something about it couldn't play with the video card. So I updated the video driver and tried it, but it still said the video card was bad (I just got this computer brand new in March 2017). So I decided to delete the game and reinstall it. At first, I couldn't uninstall it. It kept telling me there was some kind of error while trying to uninstall (sorry, I don't remember exactly what it said). I googled about this, but came up with nothing, and eventually shut it down for the night. The next day, it seemed to uninstall. After doing that the first time, I got an Error Code 3, which when I googled it said that my CC and Mods could be outdated and that could be contributing to it, so I took out the Mods folder and tried it again, but still got the same long error code. Uninstalled it and reinstalled it once more. This time, no error codes when I started the game. Put back in my Mods folder and Tray folder. This time I could create a sim but quickly found out I forgot Laundry Day. Exited the game, put in Laundry Day, updated back to 1.39, restarted the game. Laundry Day was in, CAS came up, went to move in to a world, and no worlds. Took back out my Mods folder, restarted the game, everything looked fine, worlds came up. Ok, cool. Spent 5+ hours tracking down "bad" and "outdated" CC and Mods even though some weren't bad nor outdated. Restarted the game. I had mods, I had very few CC, went to CAS, went to "Add To World" (or whatever, the check mark at the bottom), worlds came up, clicked one and "Funds: §0" at the very top, no lot has a name, only a size and price. Sim wasn't even showing in the left hand side, so I clicked on a lot, went Add Sim, found my sim in the Library. The picture that is supposed to be the sim on the bottom left was the picture of a gray'd out Llama. Back out of the game. Took out my Mods folder completely, tried it again. Same results. Okay, maybe I installed it wrong. Uninstalled, reinstalled. Same thing. One more time just to make sure. Uninstalled, reinstalled. Same. Thing.

Moral of my very long story? I need help. I have googled until google has literally run out of options. I think I've searched this site for answers, but I may have missed something, if I did, just link me to it, and I'll figure it out (maybe). I included a picture of what the problem looks like, and has looked like for 2 days now. I have done all I know to do. Any kind of advise would be helpful at this point.

Pic 1 Here
Pic 2 Here
Video of the problem

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 24 Feb 2018, 19:29; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added a video and another picture of the problem)

Back to top Go down

Can't place sims in worlds. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't place sims in worlds. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 22 Feb 2018, 11:26

As you patched the game under the Electronic Arts folder in Documents instead of the Program Files folder, I suggest you simply rename the existing folder The Sims 4 in Documents\Electronic Arts to The Sims 4_old.

Removing/uninstalling the game leaves the folder in Documents\Electronic Arts untouched, so any problem there will occur again even after a full removal.

Also, judging from the video, your Game folder has not correctly updated.
1. Download the latest Game folder from HERE
2. Extract with Winrar
3. Delete the folders Game and Game_ (if you have it)  from your install folder The Sims 4 in Program Files
4. Copy the just donloaded folder Game to your install folder.
5. Start the game first time as an Administrator

Back to top Go down

Can't place sims in worlds. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't place sims in worlds. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 22 Feb 2018, 14:51

Omg, that worked. Thank you so much!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 24 Feb 2018, 19:29

xjessyx wrote:Omg, that worked. Thank you so much!

Note that you should not have to rename/deleted the "Game"-folder again; future DLC releases for The Sims 4 can be simply "merged" into your setup, without you having to rename/delete anything. This may change though, but if so, we will try and communicate it.

Have fun with the game! Very Happy  Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top