Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 DLC error: missing worlds and packs. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 DLC error: missing worlds and packs. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 4 DLC error: missing worlds and packs. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 22 Mar 2020, 18:33

I downloaded the sims 4 a while back and was updating the game with all the expansion packs from seasons to tiny living (the normal way). After adding Get Famous I got an error message saying something about "missing data and updating with origin". So I decided to look on the forum and saw that there was a recomendation to use the new global patch to fix the issue. I then applied the new global patch and proceeded to install all the expansion packs and stuff packs the "new" way (everything in the DLC folder), and I also added the DLC toggler thing and ticked all the boxes that appeared white (all the DLC boxes appeared white, none were red like in the video because I installed all the DLCs from the DLC folder). However, now my worlds are missing and also a couple expansion packs and stuff packs (Discover University, Island living, Realm of Magic, Tiny Living, Moschino, and the 2 free stuff packs). 

Please help me, I would really like to maintain my load data.
If there is a way to extract my Load Game Data from the sims 4 folder and redownload the whole thing, that would also be helpful. I just dont want to have to start over my game.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 DLC error: missing worlds and packs. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 4 DLC error: missing worlds and packs. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 22 Mar 2020, 20:41

ReneeAshley wrote:I downloaded the sims 4 a while back and was updating the game with all the expansion packs from seasons to tiny living (the normal way). After adding Get Famous I got an error message saying something about "missing data and updating with origin". So I decided to look on the forum and saw that there was a recomendation to use the new global patch to fix the issue. I then applied the new global patch and proceeded to install all the expansion packs and stuff packs the "new" way (everything in the DLC folder), and I also added the DLC toggler thing and ticked all the boxes that appeared white (all the DLC boxes appeared white, none were red like in the video because I installed all the DLCs from the DLC folder). However, now my worlds are missing and also a couple expansion packs and stuff packs (Discover University, Island living, Realm of Magic, Tiny Living, Moschino, and the 2 free stuff packs). 

Please help me, I would really like to maintain my load data.
If there is a way to extract my Load Game Data from the sims 4 folder and redownload the whole thing, that would also be helpful. I just dont want to have to start over my game.

Hello @ReneeAshley and thanks for opening the topic,

Please try running the validator here, and then copy-paste the results ("Forum"), into a reply here.
https://anadius.github.io/sims-4-tools/validator.html

We'll then have to take it from there. And I'm already curious as to what your validator report looks like.

danger! beware!!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 DLC error: missing worlds and packs. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 4 DLC error: missing worlds and packs. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 22 Mar 2020, 22:26

report:

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 22 Mar 2020, 22:30

OK, thank you very much for the moment. But this is getting somewhat mysterious now. Would you please do another validator check, but this time, make sure to un-check the box that says "quick scan". This new scan will take longer to complete, but may give us more insights.

P.S. the stuff that shows under "Unknown Files" in your validator report, can be safely deleted.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Mar 2020, 22:39

Ok, will do. Also I will delete the unknown files after the validator report has been generated. 
Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Mar 2020, 23:18

report:

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 22 Mar 2020, 23:23

OK, thank you again.

Please make sure to use 7-zip for extracting these downloads, first of all. According to the new validator report, your TS4 installation appears to be missing the stuff from the latest Global Patch [1.61.15.1020]. 

So what you will want to do now, is to re-extract the contents of the Global Patch, into your TS4 installation location. Replace existing files when prompted. After doing so, please re-use the dlc-toggler.exe to toggle your white DLC entries back on.

I'm not sure how this can happen, since you mentioned you applied the Global Patch. Maybe you used an outdated version? Please grab the latest one from the thread:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t35810-the-sims-4-all-in-one-global-patch-selectable-dlcs-version-1-61-15-1020-tiny-living-stuff

The other explanation would be you extracted the Global Patch into the wrong directory. Either way, you know what to do. Good luck! And since it's late on my end, I shall log off for today.

Sleep
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Mar 2020, 23:27

Thank you, I will try that and update you soon after. Have a good night!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Mar 2020, 02:08

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! You're a LIFE SAVER!

The problem was that I used winrar instead of 7-zip to extract the files. I used the same global patch that I had previously downloaded because I saw that it was from the same site that you sent. Then I used the 7-zip to extract the global patch and when I tried booting up the game, I immediately saw a difference! I then proceeded to re-install all of the DLC packs one by one and ticked all the boxes in the toggler and now EVERYTHING WORKS PERFECTLY FINE! You're amazing, Thank you.

All Hail Carlos!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 23 Mar 2020, 16:18

ReneeAshley wrote:THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! You're a LIFE SAVER!

The problem was that I used winrar instead of 7-zip to extract the files. I used the same global patch that I had previously downloaded because I saw that it was from the same site that you sent. Then I used the 7-zip to extract the global patch and when I tried booting up the game, I immediately saw a difference! I then proceeded to re-install all of the DLC packs one by one and ticked all the boxes in the toggler and now EVERYTHING WORKS PERFECTLY FINE! You're amazing, Thank you.

All Hail Carlos!

Beautiful. Smile It's worth noting that we use 7-zip for packing all newer downloads. You can of course still keep WinRAR installed, for older G4TW downloads, or stuff from other websites/sources. Have fun with the game and feel free to get back in touch with us again, anytime! Solved and closed.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top