Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An observation (may be in the wrong place so please move it to the right place if you can). [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

An observation (may be in the wrong place so please move it to the right place if you can). [SOLVED] Empty An observation (may be in the wrong place so please move it to the right place if you can). [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 17 Aug 2019, 23:06

I've noticed that with the sims my ISP only gives me a warning when installing the base game without a VPN it doesn't care about expansions or patches

Back to top Go down

An observation (may be in the wrong place so please move it to the right place if you can). [SOLVED] Empty Re: An observation (may be in the wrong place so please move it to the right place if you can). [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 17 Aug 2019, 23:14

Minepug723 wrote:I've noticed that with the sims my ISP only gives me a warning when installing the base game without a VPN it doesn't care about expansions or patches

You might very well think that. But I need to set the record straight so as to not create any false hopes or impressions.

Even if what you say is factually true, wouldn't it be somewhat naive to turn on the VPN just for torrenting the base game, but not when downloading other updates? I don't think this is what you really intended to say, but it almost comes across like that. So in a nutshell: if you actually have a paid VPN with unlimited bandwidth, then you should (please) use it for downloading everything.

And no,...we're receiving "complaints" about ISP warning letters all the time, regardless of whether it is about downloading the Sims 4 base game or any other Sims 4 DLC.

If you want to share with the general public here what kind of ISP you have, feel free to comment and/or vote in the other thread here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t24636-us-residents-which-isp-s-are-more-controlling-than-others
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

An observation (may be in the wrong place so please move it to the right place if you can). [SOLVED] Empty Re: An observation (may be in the wrong place so please move it to the right place if you can). [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 17 Aug 2019, 23:58

My ISP kinda sucks. they aren't that careful. on my old PC, they didn't even notice anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 18 Aug 2019, 00:05

Minepug723 wrote:My ISP kinda sucks. they aren't that careful. on my old PC, they didn't even notice anything.

Hmm...maybe where you live they are going easier on people torrenting stuff? Very Happy  The worst offenders in that regard are the US, UK, France and Germany. Even if you feel your ISP sucks, it could also be some kind of temporary strategy: ease up temporarily on ISP warning letters to give people a false sense of security, only to strike even harder at some point later down the road. I would not underestimate the "powers that be".

If you can, I'd recommend that you back up your Sims 4 install folder somewhere (currently about 34.6 GB with all updates), so in case something goes wrong with your computer you wouldn't need to re-download the stuff.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Aug 2019, 00:19

I have a copy of the sims 4 will all the updates and stuff on a USB stick. gotta add Moschino to it now

[not]Closing the topic now, since I believe everything has been said. Yess, aye lieeke! 

- The_gh0stm4n[/not]

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top