Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims have no thumbnail, froze in place. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims have no thumbnail, froze in place. [SOLVED] Empty Sims have no thumbnail, froze in place. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 15 Sep 2012, 04:46

Hi. I just downloaded Supernatural the other night from G4TW's PirateBay account. I went in to Moonlight Falls & created a fairy, played her just fine. Then I wanted to back to my older families, and now everytime I open those old games, My sims are just frozen in place, and their thumbnails to the left of the screen are missing. I can't do anything. I tried moving them out, then back in, but that didn't work. On one of my games I saved after this problem showed up, and now that whole world is empty of any residents, including my sims! And my whole family is just GONE. I have searched every forum I can on why this could be happening & I have had no luck in a solution. I do have mods/cc, but I know how to manage them properly. I always delete my cache files prior to starting the game. I am running on a Win. 7 op system, with a quad-core processor. My graphics card is a Sapphire 7770. I have 16gb of ram, and a 2 tb harddrive. My game has been running perfect up until I installed Supernatural. >Sad. Any solution or explanation to this would be so helpful! Thanks.

Max Sims have no thumbnail, froze in place. [SOLVED] 2830496658

Back to top Go down

Sims have no thumbnail, froze in place. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims have no thumbnail, froze in place. [SOLVED]

Post by t2sink Sat 15 Sep 2012, 05:24

So you moved the mods/cc from the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 just to confirm you don't have accidentally hidden one?

>>Err, wait that wouldn't make sense, can you play your fairy still or is she now frozen?

...smart remark... quad-core or duo-core with hyper-threading? Razz Or do you have a quad-core hyper-threading processor.

Last edited by t2sink on Sat 15 Sep 2012, 07:05; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Edit: reasons I did a <smart remark> and it didn't show up, so I changed it to ...smark remark...)
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims have no thumbnail, froze in place. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims have no thumbnail, froze in place. [SOLVED]

Post by invalidusername Sat 15 Sep 2012, 06:43

I would backup and remove the mods folder then test the game like that, just to be on the safe side on making sure your mods aren't causing this issue.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 05:31

Thanks guys. It turns out it was a mod messing it up. Smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Mon 17 Sep 2012, 05:39

JaneGreenEyes wrote:Thanks guys. It turns out it was a mod messing it up. Smile.

Your welcomed, and if you have any other problems just ask.

I just re-read the thread name, and was a bit confused because I thought you said your Sims didn't have a thumbnail (fingernail).

Edit: added (fingernail)
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 17 Sep 2012, 17:52

Hello,

Glad to hear you found the cause!
Enjoy the game and please let us know if you need any more assistance! Sims have no thumbnail, froze in place. [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top