Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uninstall game pack Zlorigin. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Uninstall game pack Zlorigin. [SOLVED] Empty Uninstall game pack Zlorigin. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 27 Feb 2018, 16:38

For some reason, it won't let me post in the other Sims 4 help subforum. 

I'm using Zlorigin and can't figure out how to uninstall game packs. I want to keep the game, just remove some packs. Do I have to uninstall *all* of it or is there a way to remove a pack? Right clicking just gives me the option to check for update or repair. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Uninstall game pack Zlorigin. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Uninstall game pack Zlorigin. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 27 Feb 2018, 17:35

SableFoxx2 wrote:For some reason, it won't let me post in the other Sims 4 help subforum. 

I'm using Zlorigin and can't figure out how to uninstall game packs. I want to keep the game, just remove some packs. Do I have to uninstall *all* of it or is there a way to remove a pack? Right clicking just gives me the option to check for update or repair. Thanks!

Hello and welcome to the Forum @SableFoxx2,

To my knowledge, you would need to grab a "Game"-folder HERE, and this will let you bypass the ZClient/ZLOrigin. So your game will ultimately function much like the regular cracked TS4 version. Also note that as of currently, there is no cracked version yet for the patch 1.40, so you would need to wait anyhow.

Once you applied such a fresh Game-folder (you can go to the install location of the ZLOrigin-TS4 and rename the existing "Game"-folder, then apply the one I linked to)...you will need to edit the RldOrigin.ini according to the DLC you want to have removed. See the topic here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t30898-how-to-disable-uninstall-individual-dlc-from-the-sims-4

Again, bear in mind that your game will no longer be a "ZLOrigin-version", but a regular cracked version. If you just want to stick with ZLOrigin, without using any cracks, then there is no way you can pick and choose individual DLC there, I'm sorry.

Feel free to wait for @Tarac's opinion though, as he is more knowledgeable with ZLOrigin than I am.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Uninstall game pack Zlorigin. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Uninstall game pack Zlorigin. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 27 Feb 2018, 17:50

Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Feb 2018, 18:54

SableFoxx2 wrote:For some reason, it won't let me post in the other Sims 4 help subforum. 

You can simply rename the folders, like f.e. GP03_skip or whatever name you give it.
When you start the game, the menu screen will show that the missing DLC's will be downloaded (which is not true) and in the game the icon for GP03 is still visible but when you hover over it, it says that you must download it first.

Bear in mind that everytime you have updated or repaired the game via ZLOrigin you'll have to exclude again.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 27 Feb 2018, 19:09

Whichever way one chooses to go about it, there will be some hassle involved in it. In my opinion...if you have the hard-drive space & general hardware specs necessary for the game, then it's probably better or at least easier to just play with all DLC available.

The game is so minimalistic in terms of its in-game features, that there is barely any good reason in my eyes to "pick and choose" DLC in cracked Sims 4 games.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Feb 2018, 20:08

I had all the G4TW cracked games but it made my laptop heat up like crazy. It'll only get worse with jungle adventures lol. Plus I really dislike playing as kids and toddlers so I don't need all of those the kids room, toddler stuff, parenthood, etc. I ended up just uninstalling it all and reinstalling certain packs through zlorigin but I'll remember that trick for the future! Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 27 Feb 2018, 21:04

SableFoxx2 wrote:I had all the G4TW cracked games but it made my laptop heat up like crazy. It'll only get worse with jungle adventures lol. Plus I really dislike playing as kids and toddlers so I don't need all of those the kids room, toddler stuff, parenthood, etc. I ended up just uninstalling it all and reinstalling certain packs through zlorigin but I'll remember that trick for the future! Thank you.

Problem solved, topic closed, I guess. Very Happy  Have fun with the game(s) nonetheless!

Yess, aye lieeke!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top