Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jungle adventure map not showing up

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jungle adventure map not showing up Empty Jungle adventure map not showing up

Post by Guest Thu 01 Mar 2018, 17:16

Hello! I installed the Jungle Adventure pack today but when I want to tavel to the new world, it won't load. ( the screen just stays white)
Any solutions?

Back to top Go down

Jungle adventure map not showing up Empty Re: Jungle adventure map not showing up

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 01 Mar 2018, 19:05

monsyeer wrote:Hello! I installed the Jungle Adventure pack today but when I want to tavel to the new world, it won't load. ( the screen just stays white)
Any solutions?

//MOVED

Hello,

You do have all previous updates installed, up to Laundry Day Stuff?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Jungle adventure map not showing up Empty Re: Jungle adventure map not showing up

Post by Guest Thu 01 Mar 2018, 19:12

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
monsyeer wrote:Hello! I installed the Jungle Adventure pack today but when I want to tavel to the new world, it won't load. ( the screen just stays white)
Any solutions?

//MOVED

Hello,

You do have all previous updates installed, up to Laundry Day Stuff?
Yep! i have everything else installed, plus i removed all the mods and cc i had and its still not working

//EDIT

Hello! I made a post yesterday, but didint get any help from it, so i thought id make a new one.
My issue is that whenever i try to travel to the new world, the map doesnt load up (so the screen just stays white)
I have all the previous updates installed, i took out all my mods and CC un its still doesnt work.
If anyone could help me, that would be appriciated, as i can't play the new pack.
Thank you!

Jungle adventure map not showing up Untitl10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Mar 2018, 14:39

Although it should not make any difference at all but in my case the game worked perfectly after:

1. Download the Game folder, extract with winrar
2. Delete the folder Game from Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4
3. Replace with the extracted folder Game from #1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Mar 2018, 14:43

Tarac wrote:Although it should not make any difference at all but in my case the game worked perfectly after:

1. Download the Game folder, extract with winrar
2. Delete the folder Game from Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4
3. Replace with the extracted folder Game from #1
 I did that, but nothing changed Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 02 Mar 2018, 18:57

monsyeer wrote:Hello! I made a post yesterday, but didint get any help from it, so i thought id make a new one.

I merged your topics; please refrain from creating a new thread asking the same question(s), as this constitutes spamming as per Forum rules. Why didn't you just bump your old topic and/or e-mail me? Smile  I did not reply, because I was tired at the time, and I didn't know what to say. 

You could try the possible solution here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t22402-suddenly-missing-dlc-packs-in-the-sims-4-possible-fix

Also, did you use WinRAR for extracting the DLC, and your previous Sims 4 games?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Mar 2018, 19:00

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
monsyeer wrote:Hello! I made a post yesterday, but didint get any help from it, so i thought id make a new one.

I merged your topics; please refrain from creating a new thread asking the same question(s), as this constitutes spamming as per Forum rules. Why didn't you just bump your old topic and/or e-mail me? Smile  I did not reply, because I was tired at the time, and I didn't know what to say. 

You could try the possible solution here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t22402-suddenly-missing-dlc-packs-in-the-sims-4-possible-fix

Also, did you use WinRAR for extracting the DLC, and your previous Sims 4 games?
Oh, sorry, i didn't know you can bumb em up, haha. I'm not quite sure how the forums work, sorry.
Anyway, i used 7Zip to extract the files, does that change anything?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 02 Mar 2018, 19:17

monsyeer wrote:Anyway, i used 7Zip to extract the files, does that change anything?

Yes, that does change quite a lot. Please - and for future G4TW releases - consider using WinRAR. Smile  It's available on the G4TW Downloads Page as well here:
https://goo.gl/eHYkI

Good job!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Mar 2018, 19:21

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
monsyeer wrote:Anyway, i used 7Zip to extract the files, does that change anything?

Yes, that does change quite a lot. Please - and for future G4TW releases - consider using WinRAR. Smile  It's available on the G4TW Downloads Page as well here:
https://goo.gl/eHYkI

Good job!
Should i re-downlaod the Jungle Adventure pack and extract it with WinRar instead?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 02 Mar 2018, 19:25

monsyeer wrote:Should i re-downlaod the Jungle Adventure pack and extract it with WinRar instead?

The "source file" (a.k.a. the downloaded file) will always be the same. The process of extraction is done after the downloading though. So no, you can use your existing download and just re-extract with WinRAR.

Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Mar 2018, 19:31

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
monsyeer wrote:Should i re-downlaod the Jungle Adventure pack and extract it with WinRar instead?

The "source file" (a.k.a. the downloaded file) will always be the same. The process of extraction is done after the downloading though. So no, you can use your existing download and just re-extract with WinRAR.

Carlos is tha man
I extracted with WinRar, but it still doesnt work afterwards. Any other suggestions?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 04 Mar 2018, 00:09

monsyeer wrote:I extracted with WinRar, but it still doesnt work afterwards. Any other suggestions?

Did you extract the previous games as well with 7-zip? (I strongly assume that is the case). You may have to consider re-installing everything from the base game onwards. 

In that particular case, you might also choose to go the "ZLOrigin way".
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t30092-zlorigin-made-simple
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Mar 2018, 11:36

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
monsyeer wrote:I extracted with WinRar, but it still doesnt work afterwards. Any other suggestions?

Did you extract the previous games as well with 7-zip? (I strongly assume that is the case). You may have to consider re-installing everything from the base game onwards. 

In that particular case, you might also choose to go the "ZLOrigin way".
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t30092-zlorigin-made-simple
What difference does it make if i extract  the files using WinRar? I've used 7zip on all the previous expansions but everything was always okey, are you sure thats the problem and not something in the torrent itself?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 04 Mar 2018, 16:22

monsyeer wrote:(...) are you sure that's the problem and not something in the torrent itself?

If the problem was within the torrent there would be many more complaints, not just this thread here. But as a fact of matter, those issues in which fully downloaded files "simply don't work", are very rare. Smile  On average maybe 1 in 500 threads, deals with the issue. And even so, the problem can virtually always be resolved by re-downloading the pack with a different bittorrent client, than was used initially.

You can rest assured: ALL G4TW releases were tested to the best of the team's ability, before being announced to the public.

And, we usually use WinRAR for packing our downloads, therefore we recommend users to use the same program for unpacking. 7-zip uses a different algorithm for packing/unpacking. The fact that you seemingly had positive experiences with 7-zip, does not change this either. 

Not that the method of packing that we employ is not necessarily the 'best'...but it is simply the method that has been established years ago by the old Admin, and since then we have sticked with it. It's really a matter of personal choice.

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 06 Mar 2018, 18:18; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo fixed.)
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Mar 2018, 06:49

try re install the whole game
i just installed the Jungle adventure and the game works fine
only some sound effects may play way too earlly before game start
but that is okay

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Mar 2018, 08:55

I use Vuze as torrent downloader and never ever had a problem. Extracting all files with win rar. And rest assured, there is NO problem with the torrent, it works for me and I have extremely slow internet speed. ( 20-60kb/s)The possibility to have an incomplete torrent file download is a much bigger possibilty. It takes days to download, not hours. And still I have no problems with the torrents even if I have to pause a lot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Mar 2018, 11:28

Loonieloose wrote:I use Vuze as torrent downloader and never ever had a problem. Extracting all files with win rar. And rest assured, there is NO problem with the torrent, it works for me and I have extremely slow internet speed. ( 20-60kb/s)The possibility to have an incomplete torrent file download is a much bigger possibilty. It takes days to download, not hours. And still I have no problems with the torrents even if I have to pause a lot.
im utorrent and i have almost your speed only i have speed up to 100 not 60 like your
and nothing wrong also game is fully working fine with me
I tip my fedora.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top