Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 problems, help?[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 problems, help?[SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 problems, help?[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jan 2012, 10:59

I didn't know if this is the right place to post this, can someone please move it if it isn't, but I'm having some really big problems installing the sims 3.
I've followed the instructions that have come in the .rar's as closely as I can understand (Some of them are a little confusing I.E telling me to install a crack for the base game, then when installing an add on, telling me none of the games need them ect, ect)

And I was wondering if anyone could give me a hand? I'm currently getting 'You have installed an unautherised copy of the sims 3 blah blah, after uninstalling and reinstalling about 6 times.

thankyou.

Mod edit: Topic moved to the right section.

- Lady ElDi

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 problems, help?[SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 problems, help?[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 29 Jan 2012, 11:35

Hello,
That the instructions are a little confusing is right, they've become obsolete since. It would be useful to know which expansions you're installing, and whether or not you're using the latest fix.
With these instructions, you should be able to get the game to work by itself, though if you've already installed everything, you probably don't have to reinstall again, and downloading and using the fix should be enough.
If you run into problems with the 1.29 patch, use this manual patch in stead.
And if you have more questions or run into problems, please, don't hesitate to post.
Also, please let us know the result.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jan 2012, 12:29

Hey, thankyou Lady ElDi, I'm planning on installing all of the expansions, but I only got Pets to work, things messed up while installing Wold Adventures.
I'm a little over trying to get the games to work for tonight, I will do a clean install tomorrow and follow the instructions you linked, and I will use the fix, as you said.
If it doesn't work, is there anything spesific I should post, like error codes ect?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 29 Jan 2012, 12:31

no1337 wrote:Hey, thankyou Lady ElDi, I'm planning on installing all of the expansions, but I only got Pets to work, things messed up while installing Wold Adventures.
I'm a little over trying to get the games to work for tonight, I will do a clean install tomorrow and follow the instructions you linked, and I will use the fix, as you said.
If it doesn't work, is there anything spesific I should post, like error codes ect?
Hello,

What is the problem at this point?
Just describe anything you know about the problem, so we can provide more accurate support. For example, do you get an error? If yes, what does it say? At what point? Etc.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jan 2012, 13:22

Yeah I got 2 errors
The first one was: dfc-Gorilla
And the second error I got was: (-5005 : 0x8000ffff)
The first one happened when I was trying to install world adventures, and the second error code happened when I was trying to uninstall for the first time.
Also, when I was trying to install world adventures, I got up to the 3rd patch the instructions told me to install and my web browser kept opening up to The Sims website with a 404 - Not found error.
And now, when I try and install the base game, it installs okay, but when i actually open the game I get an unauthorized copy error when The Sims launcher opens.
I hope that clarifys things a little haha.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 29 Jan 2012, 13:52

Hello,
If you have the base game and Pets, the fix and manual patch should allow you to play the game and should solve the unauthorized copy error as well.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 29 Jan 2012, 23:47

no1337 wrote:Yeah I got 2 errors
The first one was: dfc-Gorilla
And the second error I got was: (-5005 : 0x8000ffff)
The first one happened when I was trying to install world adventures, and the second error code happened when I was trying to uninstall for the first time.
Also, when I was trying to install world adventures, I got up to the 3rd patch the instructions told me to install and my web browser kept opening up to The Sims website with a 404 - Not found error.
And now, when I try and install the base game, it installs okay, but when i actually open the game I get an unauthorized copy error when The Sims launcher opens.
I hope that clarifys things a little haha.
Hello,

First of all, you do not need the "# Crack" folder for WA at all, as described in the up-to-date instructions HERE.

What you need to do at this points:

1. Follow the instructions from the link above to install WA. (Skip the "# Crack" folder completely!)
2. When you've installed all the The Sims 3 games you want, download and apply this manual patch: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v129-fix-manual-patch
3. When you're done updating, download and apply this Fix: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems
4. Your game should work fine now.

Please let us know the result!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jan 2012, 01:23

Hello, I am starting from scratch today, i'll install the base game and tell you how that goes, i think i will get the authorized copy error again though
(If you're wondering why I am starting from scratch I got frustrated and uninstalled everything last night)
And after thats working I am planning on installing Pets & Ambitions.

Thankyou for the quick responses and help guys, its impressive!

When installing the Sims base game, do I follow the instructions in the .rar? and Crack it? And how exactly do I get rid of the unauthorized copy error? With the manual patch and the ultimate fix?
AND do I download the EA Manager/Origin when asked? It doesn't say anything about it in any instructions.

//EDIT

Hey, okay, so I installed the base game, Generations, Ambitions, WA, Pets, High End Lost stuff, Town Life stuff and Master suite stuff, followed the Ultimate fix instructions as closely as I could (At number 11 It said it couldn't contact Origin, but said my game was up to date) Installed the manual patch.
Opened the launcher, and got a message saying 'Please insert The Sims 3 Master Suite stuff game disc'

Any ideas?

*edit* I'm 100% sure I copied the ultimate fix files to the right /dir.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 30 Jan 2012, 09:53

Hello,
Did you also copy the #crack to the right location? Its crucial that it went right.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jan 2012, 11:19

The # crack in the ultimate fix? because on the forum post with the download link for the manual patch it says to replace step 13 (which is moving the # crack files) with manually patching the game.
But the all the files in the ultimate fix went into the right place.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 30 Jan 2012, 11:46

Hello,
Step 13 is updating the game, for which we recommend using the manual patch if updating with the launcher results in an error.
You should however apply the crack, step 15.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jan 2012, 11:59

There is no step 15 in the .pdf instructions that came with the ultimate fix I downloaded, it only goes up to step 14 which is 'When you've applied the crack (which I was told to skip that and use the manual patch), start the game and... ENJOY playing!'

if you want I can post screen shots of the folders the ultimate fix were posted in, and a shot of the pdf file.
Thankyou for all the help

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 30 Jan 2012, 12:55

Hello,
Wait, you're right. I was looking at the previous fix's guide. So it should've been "skip step 11 telling you to open the launcher to update" instead of step 13. Step 13 should be done.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Jan 2012, 07:20

Okay, thankyou Lady ElDi. I installed the crack and everything works fine now, apart from it randomly crashes (Screen fades to black and computer stops responding) and idea on what could cause this?
(Sorry for the late reply, internet has been down for a while)
Also, will I have any trouble insalling more updates using the ultimate fix in the future? (Install the game, apply the files, then crack it?)

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 31 Jan 2012, 09:27

Hello,
Its unsure what might cause game crashes, but then again, The Sims is known for their bugs, so that may just be it. Fortunately there are some things you can try to prevent future crashes. This page lists them.
Installing any other expansions shouldn't be a problem. If after installing your game doesn't work, just reapply the crack from the fix. Don't use any of the cracks that come with the expansions.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Jan 2012, 11:34

Okay, thankyou Lady ElDi, and Thankyou uhm admin? You have both been fantastic!

Mod edit: You're welcome! Problem solved, topic closed.
Happy simming! The Sims Plumbob 1

- Lady ElDi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top