Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game won't save screenshots PLS HELP

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game won't save screenshots PLS HELP Empty Game won't save screenshots PLS HELP

Post by Guest Sat 10 Mar 2018, 22:34

Ever since somewhere between the laundry and jungle adventure packs i have not been able to take screenshots, which is important to me because I like to create stories to post on tumblr, ig, etc. 
I've tried resetting my sims 4 folder in documents by moving it to the desktop folder and running the game, reinstalling the game, creating a new screenshot folder, taking all my mods out, literally everything I've found only and it still doesnt work.

Back to top Go down

Game won't save screenshots PLS HELP Empty Re: Game won't save screenshots PLS HELP

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 11 Mar 2018, 19:28

datsocialanxiety wrote:Ever since somewhere between the laundry and jungle adventure packs i have not been able to take screenshots, which is important to me because I like to create stories to post on tumblr, ig, etc. 
I've tried resetting my sims 4 folder in documents by moving it to the desktop folder and running the game, reinstalling the game, creating a new screenshot folder, taking all my mods out, literally everything I've found only and it still doesnt work.

Hello,

That means, under your location Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Screenshots there is...nothing? Do you have OneDrive activated, and if so, did you check OneDrive?

Also, another user hinted that switching user (Windows) accounts can make these things "visible". Assuming you have Windows 10, you could try switching to the hidden main Administrator account, as detailed here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t32557-the-hidden-super-administrator-account-under-windows-10

There, see if a "The Sims 4" folder exists, in the right location. Then see if the screenshots are there. Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Game won't save screenshots PLS HELP Empty Re: Game won't save screenshots PLS HELP

Post by Guest Sun 11 Mar 2018, 21:14

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
datsocialanxiety wrote:Ever since somewhere between the laundry and jungle adventure packs i have not been able to take screenshots, which is important to me because I like to create stories to post on tumblr, ig, etc. 

Hello,

That means, under your location Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Screenshots there is...nothing? Do you have OneDrive activated, and if so, did you check OneDrive?

Also, another user hinted that switching user (Windows) accounts can make these things "visible". Assuming you have Windows 10, you could try switching to the hidden main Administrator account, as detailed here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t32557-the-hidden-super-administrator-account-under-windows-10

There, see if a "The Sims 4" folder exists, in the right location. Then see if the screenshots are there. Good luck!
Hello! I'm Sorry I forgot to mention I'm running windows 7.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 12 Mar 2018, 18:46

The method III.) "Command prompt" under the guide that I linked to, should work under Windows 7 as well.

Code:
Net user administrator /active:yes

Can you also use the search function on your entire C: drive, and type cachestr? Search the C: drive for it, and find all instances. It's also possible that certain security software "relocated" the folder, or parts of it.

The "cachestr" is part of the contents in the Documents-The Sims 4 folder, and is just an example in this case. You could also directly type Screenshots and look at all the search results that way. Which should hopefully find your pictures as well.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Mar 2018, 23:29

The_gh0stm4n wrote:The method III.) "Command prompt" under the guide that I linked to, should work under Windows 7 as well.

Code:
Net user administrator /active:yes

Can you also use the search function on your entire C: drive, and type cachestr? Search the C: drive for it, and find all instances. It's also possible that certain security software "relocated" the folder, or parts of it.

The "cachestr" is part of the contents in the Documents-The Sims 4 folder, and is just an example in this case. You could also directly type Screenshots and look at all the search results that way. Which should hopefully find your pictures as well.
I cant seem to figure out how to do that command prompt thing, but I searched my computer all the other files are where they are supposed to be but screenshots are just not saving. 
In game when I try to take a screenshot and go to the screenshot manager thing only the most recent screenshot shows up and then all the other ones are just blank with a llama.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Mar 2018, 23:49

In your documents folder, make a new folder, name it whatever, then change the screenshot location in-game to that new folder and take a screen shot. No idea if it would work, but worth a try

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 14 Mar 2018, 00:14

datsocialanxiety wrote:I cant seem to figure out how to do that command prompt thing, but I searched my computer all the other files are where they are supposed to be but screenshots are just not saving. 
In game when I try to take a screenshot and go to the screenshot manager thing only the most recent screenshot shows up and then all the other ones are just blank with a llama.

If you downloaded from G4TW, I assume you used WinRAR for the actual extraction of the downloads?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Mar 2018, 02:09

tamikonatsu wrote:In your documents folder, make a new folder, name it whatever, then change the screenshot location in-game to that new folder and take a screen shot. No idea if it would work, but worth a try
It won't let me change the location of the screenshots ;-;

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Mar 2018, 02:12

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
datsocialanxiety wrote:I cant seem to figure out how to do that command prompt thing, but I searched my computer all the other files are where they are supposed to be but screenshots are just not saving. 

If you downloaded from G4TW, I assume you used WinRAR for the actual extraction of the downloads?
Yes, and I do use the G4TW cracks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Mar 2018, 10:34

Only option I can think of, is using tab, and then screenshot button. You'd have to save them each time though, what isn't a perfect solution but I'm off ideas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Mar 2018, 20:34

tamikonatsu wrote:Only option I can think of, is using tab, and then screenshot button. You'd have to save them each time though, what isn't a perfect solution but I'm off ideas
Okay, thank you. I'm seriously distraught and frusterated. and idek what to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 16 Mar 2018, 21:03

datsocialanxiety wrote:Okay, thank you. I'm seriously distraught and frusterated. and idek what to do.

If you play in windowed mode, you can create screenshots by different means, as well. You can press ALT + PRT-SCR, and then open up any image viewing program. Press CTRL + V, and the image shows up then, which you can save.

Or you use a third-party app like "Lightshot", that can also help you create screenshots, easily.
https://app.prntscr.com/en/index.html
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top