Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update for Sims 4 BG + GTW?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Update for Sims 4 BG + GTW? Empty Update for Sims 4 BG + GTW?

Post by Guest Mon 19 Mar 2018, 20:55

Hi,

I'm running the game on a 2-in-1 tablet/laptop and it can't handle any more than the base game and Get To Work. I have tested with more packs and if I add Get Together then it just crashes so I presume the comp runs out of memory as it only has 2GB

I am fine with this but I would like to update the game a bit as re-sizing rugs with [ or ] keys is broken in this version of the game. I searched the forum for old updates/ultimate fixes however all the links for appropriate files are now dead.

I'd prefer not to have to re-install since I had to use the registry hack and jump through other hoops just to install the game (several times Rolling Eyes ) to my sd card since this system only has a 32GB hdd.

Any help would be appreciated! TYIA

Back to top Go down

Update for Sims 4 BG + GTW? Empty Re: Update for Sims 4 BG + GTW?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 19 Mar 2018, 21:07

xxTopaz wrote:Hi,

I'm running the game on a 2-in-1 tablet/laptop and it can't handle any more than the base game and Get To Work. I have tested with more packs and if I add Get Together then it just crashes so I presume the comp runs out of memory as it only has 2GB

I am fine with this but I would like to update the game a bit as re-sizing rugs with [ or ] keys is broken in this version of the game. I searched the forum for old updates/ultimate fixes however all the links for appropriate files are now dead.

I'd prefer not to have to re-install since I had to use the registry hack and jump through other hoops just to install the game (several times Rolling Eyes ) to my sd card since this system only has a 32GB hdd.

Any help would be appreciated! TYIA

Hello @xxTopaz,

The "Ultimate Fix" would not help in your case though, because you cannot use the updates beyond Get to Work. 

What I would have in mind for you, is that you try seeking the help of a friend or relative, and "borrow" their computer temporarily. If you manage to do that, you could download Tarac's all-in-one torrent until My First Pet Stuff here. Delete the stuff and then edit the codex.cfg file to remove all DLC, according to this method. I am not entirely sure though if the latest base game update requires higher system specs; I only know that the actual DLC (My First Pet Stuff) does. Once you applied the method you should end up with a much smaller install folder of The Sims 4, which you can then transfer to your computer via a USB-flash or similar device.

I know this is tricky to do, but please bear in mind that the game works differently than earlier Sims titles; you can't (easily) update individual components, without having other stuff as well.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Mar 2018, 21:32

I also have a desktop PC which I run the full game on so I will try that, thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 19 Mar 2018, 23:15

xxTopaz wrote:I also have a desktop PC which I run the full game on so I will try that, thank you.

It's not directly related to the issue at hand, but if I were you, I wouldn't bother trying to "squeeze" a downsized Sims 4 game into a computer that seems to not be designed at all for gaming purposes (that go beyond things like Tetris/Minesweeper/Solitaire or similar). 

If you have a decent-enough desktop PC anyway, it may be more feasible to just stick with it for playing the full game.

Then again, of course it's up to you what to do here; I'm merely saying that if I were in the position, it wouldn't be worth the hassle.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Mar 2018, 23:24

I know it seems silly since I can play it better on there but I split my living in two places due to work and my tower is far from portable. I also like to push my hardware a bit to see what it's capable of, this tablet has an Intel Atom and it runs the game surprisingly well with custom med/low settings. I haven't tried having lots of sims in one lot yet, I imagine that might crash it  Oh my...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top