Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Complete Store: not working right.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Complete Store: not working right. - Page 2 Empty The Complete Store: not working right.

Post by Guest Tue 27 Mar 2018, 00:06

First topic message reminder :

Hi all! I'm new to this forum and english is not my first language so please excuse me if I do something wrong. Also, if this is not the place for posting this topic, please move it.

So I recently installed the base game and all the EPs from this site in my new laptop, and they worked great. Then I tried the Complete Store rar that I found here too and eventhough I followed the instructions very carefully it doesn't seem to work properly:

- The words are installed but the premium content (like the blackjack machine from Lucky Palms or the Toy Machine from Midnight hallow) doesn't work. For example, in the toy machine the sim interacts with it, but then instead of a toy all I get is a big white cube. Same with the animations in the Blackjack machine.
- The only store objects in Buying mode I can find are the ones that come from the worlds and some of the venues.
- Not all the venues are included, and some of them don't have a name (I've read that this may be related to my game not being in english, is not a big issue but it'd be great to fix it)
- In the library from Edit Town mode there are some families/households that I did not create, some of them with a house included. There are also some empty houses in that library that are not from the store. I tried to put one of them in my town to check it but the game crashed.

I am very grateful to G4TW for the work they do. In fact, I was able to install all the store content I wanted from this site in my old laptop (the Complete Store file didn't exist then or I didn't found it). In fact, I tried to install the Store content independently first, like I did in my old computer, but that's when I first came across the big white cube problem so I decided to try the Complete Store file instead.

I'm sorry for the long rant, hope someone can help Oh my...

Thanks!

Ana B

Back to top Go down

The Complete Store: not working right. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Complete Store: not working right.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Apr 2018, 12:55

Tarac wrote:
AmataViscera wrote:
From what I was able to tell when I checked last night, I don't appear to be missing any buy/build objects, with the exceptation of all objects in the Versailles set. I will be checking again to see if I'm missing any besides that, but everything works (beautifully), though I do have a dupe of the Toy Machine. The obvious omissions are in CAS- I'm definitely missing all the Versailles hairs and clothing, and well as Mother Russia (but the build items, I do have.) I suspect I'm missing a few more clothes, which I'll check for.
As far as I know these are the only Mother Russia items:

Mother Russia Double Window
Mother Russia Fence
Mother Russia Striped Gate
Mother Russia Triangle Roof Topper
Mother Russia Window

All from the update 054 november 2013
Yeah, curiously enough, games4theworld didn't seem to make any mention of the hair or clothes- but there was a set of them which is still in the sims store currently. A shame; these are some of my favorite CAS items!

Back to top Go down

The Complete Store: not working right. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Complete Store: not working right.

Post by Guest Fri 06 Apr 2018, 13:03

Whn you are looking for HAIR

Kapsels vrouw = female
Kapsels man = male
Kapsels Kind en Peuter = Child and Toddler

Most of these are part of a set, when you click on the picture you'll see the contents of the full set.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Apr 2018, 13:10

Tarac wrote:Whn you are looking for hair

Kapsels vrouw = female
Kapsels man = male
Kapsels Kind en Peuter = Child and Toddler

Most of these are part of a set, when you click on the picture you'll see the contents of the full set.
 I looked at all the pages; the site does not have the stuff I'm looking for.

One update, though- I was just now able to find the Mother Russia hair and clothes and the entire Versailles set on a site which has a few decrappified store sets for download, but I'm still missing the  Luxury Resort Attire, the Luxe Lounge set, the Back 2 Skool set, and the free Mardi Gras set (not to be confused with the free Carnival set, which I do have).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Apr 2018, 13:25

The luxury resort attire set is in update 038 July 2012 - SEE HERE
Also available HERE

The Mardi Gras set is in Update 046 March 2013 - SEE HERE

Luxe Lounge Set - Update 027 - August 2011 - SEE HERE

Back to Skool is included In the LuxResortAttireSet

Last edited by Tarac on Fri 06 Apr 2018, 14:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Hiding links)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Apr 2018, 13:39

Wow, I forgot about the most obvious places to get these things; thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 07 Apr 2018, 04:21

AmataViscera wrote:Yeah, curiously enough, games4theworld didn't seem to make any mention of the hair or clothes- 

I believe I mentioned it earlier here:

G4TW wrote:(...) However: most people joining the G4TW Forum post because they need a quick fix for their (usually Sims-related) problem. And as things stand, when we announce things and ask the "public" for input regarding preview-releases there are maybe two or three replies at most. And at least one of these comments is going to be "cool!", which is of course nice, but is not really to be considered direct feedback.

The collection of individual .sims3pack items found on the main G4TW website was essentially created by the old Admin, with the help of one or two other additional Helpers. There was a feedback thread, and yes, for once there was actually substantial feedback.

But still, apparently not enough to make the compilation perfect.

One of the main problems is, and I may be wrong again, that...to my knowledge there is no publicly available and official list anywhere, stating which item(s) were released in which month. I suppose if you actually end up buying those .sims3pack files you will find out, but other than that I can't think of anything else. There was a fan-made site named "simalogue" or something like that until a few years ago, which attempted to list these monthly items. Their list only covered the months until ~end of 2012 though if I remember correctly. And they don't seem to be active anymore, at least not under the old name "simalogue".

What I want to say is, we need(ed) to rely on third-party feedback for learning about these store items, as we did not purchase them ourselves. Would cost quite a little fortune, but that is only a side-note.

Haters gonna hate   Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Apr 2018, 04:27

Hey; it's -very nearly complete-, and especially considering that I've been able to find what I'm missing, it works for me! Now, I still have questions about duplicate objects, but I fear I am hijacking the thread if I ask here.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 07 Apr 2018, 04:56

AmataViscera wrote:(...) but I fear I am hijacking the thread if I ask here.

You should normally have opened a topic of your own in the first place, yes.  Haters gonna hate  Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Apr 2018, 16:03

Hi all! Sorry for not answering earlier. I think I solved part of my problem, so I'll write here what I did, maybe it can help someone. I have no idea why it worked though XD.

So first I moved the My Documents folder to the D/ disk as sugested here, following the tutorial.
I deleted all the store items and worlds I had downloaded from here, by following a tutorial (it is in spanish but there is probably similar ones in english) that explains what each folder in My Documents/EA/The sims 3 are. I deleted not only the ones related to downloads and the store, but all of the folders that according to the tutorial are safe to delete bc they will regenerate if needed.
Then I opened the game, which by then was only the base game + all the EPs, played a little and saved a game just in case. I did this to regenerate some of the folders i had deleted
After that I followed the G4TW tutorial  and installed the mod folder with all the fixes, both for packages and sims3Packs.
Then I tried some of the items I had downloaded individually from this site. I still can't make the Complete Store packages work, but the individual items (downloaded from the year/months archive) work well, including the toy machine which didn't work before.

So, what I'll do is install one by one the individual items. It may take more time but it seems to work, so...

Anyway, thanks for the help ^_^

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 08 Apr 2018, 17:37

anne_mmlade wrote:Hi all! Sorry for not answering earlier. I think I solved part of my problem, so I'll write here what I did, maybe it can help someone. I have no idea why it worked though XD.

So first I moved the My Documents folder to the D/ disk as sugested here, following the tutorial.
I deleted all the store items and worlds I had downloaded from here, by following a tutorial (it is in spanish but there is probably similar ones in english) that explains what each folder in My Documents/EA/The sims 3 are. I deleted not only the ones related to downloads and the store, but all of the folders that according to the tutorial are safe to delete bc they will regenerate if needed.
Then I opened the game, which by then was only the base game + all the EPs, played a little and saved a game just in case. I did this to regenerate some of the folders i had deleted
After that I followed the G4TW tutorial  and installed the mod folder with all the fixes, both for packages and sims3Packs.
Then I tried some of the items I had downloaded individually from this site. I still can't make the Complete Store packages work, but the individual items (downloaded from the year/months archive) work well, including the toy machine which didn't work before.

So, what I'll do is install one by one the individual items. It may take more time but it seems to work, so...

Did you re-install the worlds/neighborhood .sims3pack files, as well?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Apr 2018, 19:35

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
anne_mmlade wrote:Hi all! Sorry for not answering earlier. I think I solved part of my problem, so I'll write here what I did, maybe it can help someone. I have no idea why it worked though XD.

Did you re-install the worlds/neighborhood .sims3pack files, as well?
Yep, I did.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top