Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forever loading.......It goes on and on and on.....[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Forever loading.......It goes on and on and on.....[SOLVED] Empty Forever loading.......It goes on and on and on.....[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jan 2012, 07:47

When I go into build/buy mode and edit or change
my house, after I switch back to live mode to play again, It just loads
& loads & loads, until I bring up the taks manager and exit,
also when I'm in live mode and press the 'exit' button It gives me a
black screen, and you guessed it, loads & loads & loads.. Until I
just have to shut it down through the task manager...

Anyone know how to fix this?????? It's really annoying, I can't play because of it..

I have ALL the expansion packs, and stuff packs (running version
1.29) I had no problems until this new update came with master suite stuff, by the way its not a
CC issue, I've tried removing all CC and playing on a clean game, still
doesn't work..

Back to top Go down

Forever loading.......It goes on and on and on.....[SOLVED] Empty Re: Forever loading.......It goes on and on and on.....[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 30 Jan 2012, 09:14

Hello,
This seems like a variation of crashing to me, so I have a couple of questions, did you apply the crack that came with Master Suite stuff, or did you apply the new fix (updated January 25th).
Are you getting an error when you start the game, perhaps something about having an unofficial game modification that can cause bugs?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Forever loading.......It goes on and on and on.....[SOLVED] Empty Re: Forever loading.......It goes on and on and on.....[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jan 2012, 09:56

Hi,

I did apply the crack that came with master suite stuff, but I had issues with crashing all the time, so I clicked the link on the torrent site and used the ultimate fix that was provided here, first applied the crack which was in the master suite/town life/gen/pets folder, then I ran the launcher & updated to version 1.29, then I opened the #crack and copied the files to C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

When I start the game I get no errors.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 30 Jan 2012, 10:09

Hello,
There are several things to try, they can be found here.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jan 2012, 11:23

I already have them all added to my DEP... I tried removing all CC and mods (I only have about 10 CC items and the rest are from the EA store) I tried turning down all settings, and still had issues.. then I tried running it in compatibility mode (On windows 95) and that made me start a WHOLE new game...

I am already playing in windowed mode..

Is there anyway I don't have to start a whole new game? Sad I already have a family and house it took long time to make, and I don't want to loose them..

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 30 Jan 2012, 11:43

Hello,
When did these problems first start occurring, was it after installing the latest stuff pack?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jan 2012, 12:02

They first started when I got master suite stuff pack and did the version 1.29 update..

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 30 Jan 2012, 12:23

Hello,
Try this:

1. Go to: (My) Documents\Electronic Arts\
2. Backup (Read: copy to an other folder) the folder called "The Sims 3".
3. Now completely remove the "The Sims 3" folder from: (My) Documents\Electronic Arts\

The idea is to let the game think you're running a fresh install. Upon starting the game, it'll create a new sims 3 folder in your documents which cleans up any bugged files. Now, you can start the game, start a new world (obviously, since your save games wont show up at this point) and play for a while to see if that fixes the issue. If your game runs normally, you can simply copy your save games to the new sims 3 folder.
You'll probably have to undo the compatibility mode.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jan 2012, 13:29

Hi,

I have followed your instructions, when I deleted The Sims 3 folder from my documents, and created a new sim, and moved them in, built a little house, I had no issues.
So the issues before must have been something to do with my old Sims 3 files..
I have just moved my old sims 3 saves into the new folder, and I'm about to play..

Still keeps loading on any old sims 3 save... the issue has to be caused by my old saves? :s
I think any saved game that was before the 1.29 update doesn't work..

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 30 Jan 2012, 13:33

Hello,
It could be a corrupted save or some issue with a mod/cc that you removed, you could try restoring your savegame's backup file by looking for the .sims3.backup, and renaming it by removing the .backup part of the folder name.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Jan 2012, 09:49

I used one of my back-ups I had on a hard drive, back from october 2011 (all the later back-ups didn't work)
But the one from october works (well I haven't ran into any issues just yet.)
But after I moved over the old back-ups into the saves folder, now when I try to run the launcher, it always freezes up (says the sims 3 launcher is not responding, windows must close the program etc..) Not sure why thats happening, I'll try removing it from DEP then re-adding it, see if that makes any difference.

But at the moment I can run the game and actually play, so I'm happy that I didn't loose my whole town and current game, only a little progress which I can easily regain.

Thanks very much for your help.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 31 Jan 2012, 10:04

Hello,
If the launcher is giving you trouble, you can always try starting your game without it as described here. I never use the launcher to start my game, it takes forever to start the launcher and I often get the "launcher stopped working" error.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Jan 2012, 14:23

Yeah, I didn't use the launcher. I just played sims for about 5 hours straight, still no issues!

Thanks very much again for your help! Very Happy Forever loading.......It goes on and on and on.....[SOLVED] 611149516

P.S people get much more help here than they do on the sims 3 forums! Surprised

And thanks to the people who uploaded all these games for free! thousands of us really appreciate it!!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 31 Jan 2012, 17:30

Hello,
You're very welcome, we enjoy helping everyone out. EA's idea of support is a joke.. lol, they should pay us to do it instead LOL.
Anyway, I'm glad your problem is all sorted out, don't hesitate to post if you have questions or problems in the future!
Happy simming! The Sims Plumbob 1
Topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 31 Jan 2012, 17:47

Lady ElDi wrote:EA's idea of support is a joke.. lol, they should pay us to do it instead LOL.
Perhaps an idea for the future...
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top