Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest update makes Create a Sim crash after making new sim

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Latest update makes Create a Sim crash after making new sim Empty Latest update makes Create a Sim crash after making new sim

Post by Guest Thu 12 Apr 2018, 01:09

So yeah, this happened.
I downloaded the update from the downloads forum, and the game seemed to work perfectly, all up until I decided to try and make a spouse for my sim.
The game suddenly crashed
And yes, I checked if it was my mods.  And no, it wasn't.

Back to top Go down

Latest update makes Create a Sim crash after making new sim Empty Re: Latest update makes Create a Sim crash after making new sim

Post by Guest Thu 12 Apr 2018, 11:42

ebflover777 wrote:So yeah, this happened.
I downloaded the update from the downloads forum, and the game seemed to work perfectly, all up until I decided to try and make a spouse for my sim.
The game suddenly crashed
And yes, I checked if it was my mods.  And no, it wasn't.
As 95% of all Sims problems are caused by Mods and everything worked fine before the update, I presume that some outdated mods are the reason for crashing.
Simply check it by naming the folder Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to The Sims 4_old.
Start your game again and make a Sim. No problems now ? Then it's all caused by mods.

Back to top Go down

Latest update makes Create a Sim crash after making new sim Empty Re: Latest update makes Create a Sim crash after making new sim

Post by Guest Fri 13 Apr 2018, 01:16

it was, thank you!
How do I know which one is causing it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Apr 2018, 10:45

Hi, I also have the same problem and I do not know how to solve it. I have not even played since I installed it. As the game constantly crashes. Pls help me Sad Sad Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Apr 2018, 18:41

You could download the mods conflict detector at Mod The Sims. That might help to find some conflicting mods. It is not 100% foolproof. After that you should use the 50/50 method. Time consuming, but effective. You half your cc, move the others out of mods folder to desctop. run game with other half. If no problems occur, then those mods are safe. if problems persist, you know conflicting mod is in that half. Now you half that cc, move other half out of mods folder and repeat, until you have found the culprit. You can run cc from subfolders. I had to do this twice already and I have over 8000 cc. So yeah, time consuming. What I do now is, whenever I download cc, I put it in a file called testing. Run the game, if no problem I ad the cc to appropriate folder. ( Hair, accessories, clothing female, male, toddlers, hair toddlers etc. Believe me, this works!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Apr 2018, 21:36

Loonieloose wrote:You could download the mods conflict detector at Mod The Sims. That might help to find some conflicting mods. It is not 100% foolproof. After that you should use the 50/50 method. Time consuming, but effective. You half your cc, move the others out of mods folder to desctop. run game with other half. If no problems occur, then those mods are safe. if problems persist, you know conflicting mod is in that half. Now you half that cc, move other half out of mods folder and repeat, until you have found the culprit. You can run cc from subfolders. I had to do this twice already and I have over 8000 cc. So yeah, time consuming. What I do now is, whenever I download cc, I put it in a file called testing. Run the game, if no problem I ad the cc to appropriate folder. ( Hair, accessories, clothing female, male, toddlers, hair toddlers etc. Believe me, this works!
Thanks.But I do not have  cc, none of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top