Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expansions making me crash

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Expansions making me crash Empty Expansions making me crash

Post by Guest Fri 02 Jun 2017, 19:50

Downloaded the base game and the first 2 expansions, was playing with no problem. Finished adding all the rest this morning and now everytime I try to open the game it goes from black screen, to white screen, to immediate crash.

How can I fix this?

Back to top Go down

Expansions making me crash Empty Re: Expansions making me crash

Post by Guest Fri 02 Jun 2017, 19:58

alexisrenee987 wrote:Downloaded the base game and the first 2 expansions, was playing with no problem. Finished adding all the rest this morning and now everytime I try to open the game it goes from black screen, to white screen, to immediate crash.

How can I fix this?

Up till Parenthood? Do you have any crash log or happened to see the pop-up details? Try to delete lastCrash.txt and lastException.txt and see if it still crash. Otherwise, if you have any mods/CCs installed in your game, move them out of the Sims 4 folder and try running the game again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Jun 2017, 23:45

I tried deleting those files, but it didn't help. I unistalled all mods because at least one of them was causing the game to crash when I was choosing an aspiration while creating a sim. I uninstalled the game entirely and am now almost done reinstalling the game and expansion packs up until City Life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Jun 2017, 15:17

Hi @alexisrenee987 ,

Does your game still crash now? If it does, i'd recommend playing the game in windowed mode and see if it still crash.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top