Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Makeovers Making Sims 3 Crash

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Makeovers Making Sims 3 Crash Empty Makeovers Making Sims 3 Crash

Post by Guest Fri 19 Oct 2012, 20:14

Can't find this problem here. If it is, really sorry in advance. I really tried looking for it.

So, I have a sim in the stylist profession and most times, when she conducts makeovers its okay. But there are times when while doing a makeover, the game freezes and that stupid, stupid 'sims 3 has encountered error and needs to close' box comes up and my game crashes. Lucky if I saved before the makeover started, unlucky if I didn't.

So, Help

Sidenote: I am a Noob when it comes to this whole 'deleting caches' thing. So, if the solution is part of that, could you instruct me or direct me to a link on how to do that? Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Makeovers Making Sims 3 Crash Empty Re: Makeovers Making Sims 3 Crash

Post by t2sink Fri 19 Oct 2012, 20:52

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-29-09-2012-updated

Mainly wondering about mods/cc, which is covered in the first step of the guide.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Oct 2012, 04:25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Oct 2012, 17:56

I went to that link before and tried gamebooster. That worked a bit for my game lagging but that was before I started doing makeovers.

I have not downloaded any custom content just yet. Just the ones officially offered from EA. And I may not, if this problem keeps persisting.

And I don't want to download any mods to fix this. Just from searching this forum, it seems like mods just screw up the game so I have not downloaded any. Are there other solutions? If not, I will download them but I would like to try some other alternatives.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 20 Oct 2012, 18:28

Hello,

Try backing up and completely removing this folder: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Nov 2012, 02:07

Okay, I did that and the makeovers are done well. I even had an issue with error 12 and when I limit my game time and do multiple saves it doesn't come back.

It still freezes a little bit but I figured that is because my dinosaur of a computer only just meets the requirements. At least it is not crashing to the desktop.

So...how do I put back my saved games in the new folder?

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Mon 05 Nov 2012, 03:36

In your backup of The Sims 3, you have a folder of The Sims 3/Saves, just need to move that folder, or the contents of that folder into Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top