Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 crashes after new updates

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 crashes after new updates Empty Sims 4 crashes after new updates

Post by Guest Sat 21 Apr 2018, 13:42

Hello, I am new to the forum (posting-wise, I've been silently watching and downloading for years), so I apologize if I post this to the wrong place.

I'm having quite an annoying issue with the last Sims 4 updates. Namely 1.41.42.1020 and 1.42.30.1020. Before I describe the problem, I would like to say that I've always followed instructions on how to install everything correctly. So far I've never had any trouble with G4TW downloads and my game has worked perfectly.

It all started with the 1.41.42.1020 update, I opened up my game and when the loading screen came up with the Sims 4 logo, it crashed saying: "The Sims 4 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program." I restored my game folder to a previous version because I couldn't find a solution and I wanted to play the game. Now the same problem occurred when I applied the newest update yesterday.
I have tried every possible solution I could find on Google, but nothing has worked so far. I have also tried starting the game with no saves and CC just to see if any of those files could've caused this, but it still crashes. Running the game as Admin also changed nothing and neither did compatibilty mode. My mind is boggled, I cannot seem to find and eliminate what is causing this problem. Maybe the solution is simple, but I just can't see it and maybe someone else's perspective can help me figure it out.

Thanks so much in advance! Smile

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 crashes after new updates Empty Re: Sims 4 crashes after new updates

Post by Guest Sat 21 Apr 2018, 17:55

When you still have the download for update 1.42.30.1020, delete the folder Game from your present install folder, such as Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4
The re-apply the update again..

Still the same problem ?
Rename the folder The Sims 4 in User\Your username\Documents\Electronic Arts to The Sims 4_old
Start your game again.

Works now ? - The problem lies with your mods

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 21 Apr 2018, 20:53

QuirkyTurtle wrote:Hello, I am new to the forum (posting-wise, I've been silently watching and downloading for years), so I apologize if I post this to the wrong place.

I'm having quite an annoying issue with the last Sims 4 updates. Namely 1.41.42.1020 and 1.42.30.1020. Before I describe the problem, I would like to say that I've always followed instructions on how to install everything correctly. So far I've never had any trouble with G4TW downloads and my game has worked perfectly.

It all started with the 1.41.42.1020 update, I opened up my game and when the loading screen came up with the Sims 4 logo, it crashed saying: "The Sims 4 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program." I restored my game folder to a previous version because I couldn't find a solution and I wanted to play the game. Now the same problem occurred when I applied the newest update yesterday.
I have tried every possible solution I could find on Google, but nothing has worked so far. I have also tried starting the game with no saves and CC just to see if any of those files could've caused this, but it still crashes. Running the game as Admin also changed nothing and neither did compatibilty mode. My mind is boggled, I cannot seem to find and eliminate what is causing this problem. Maybe the solution is simple, but I just can't see it and maybe someone else's perspective can help me figure it out.

Welcome to the Forum @QuirkyTurtle,

Are you using the TS4.exe, or the TS4_x64.exe for starting up the game? And is your Windows a 32-bit, or 64-bit version?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Apr 2018, 09:22

Tarac wrote:When you still have the download for update 1.42.30.1020, delete the folder Game from your present install folder, such as Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4
The re-apply the update again..

Still the same problem ?
Rename the folder The Sims 4 in User\Your username\Documents\Electronic Arts to The Sims 4_old
Start your game again.

Works now ? - The problem lies with your mods

I've tried both before posting and nothing worked, it still crashes at the loading screen with the same message. Although I don't know if this even means anything, but when I tried to start the game "clean" (renaming the Sims 4 folder) the intro music was playing before it crashed, but other times the game started without sound.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Apr 2018, 09:32

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
QuirkyTurtle wrote:Hello, I am new to the forum (posting-wise, I've been silently watching and downloading for years), so I apologize if I post this to the wrong place.

Welcome to the Forum @QuirkyTurtle,

Are you using the TS4.exe, or the TS4_x64.exe for starting up the game? And is your Windows a 32-bit, or 64-bit version?

I have used both, but mostly I've been using TS4_x64.exe to start up my game. My Windows is 64-bit (Windows 10 Enterprise).

If it helps, here are my computer specs:

• CPU - i5 6600K
  • GPU - GTX 1060 6GB
  • RAM - 16GB 2400MHz
  • SSD - 480GB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Apr 2018, 10:27

"The Sims 4 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program."

I had this error once when I tried to open the game in a language that was not installed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top