Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can i download only one dlc for the base game. [CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can i download only one dlc for the base game. [CLOSED] Empty Can i download only one dlc for the base game. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Sat 21 Apr 2018, 17:34

its very simple 

i downloaded the base game from this site
and i dont have space for all the dlc i only need one (get to work)
can i download and run it smoothly 

because i saw instruction that i need to download all of the dlcs to make it work 

i really need help  Why God. Why God. Why God.

iam new and this is my first topic 

Back to top Go down

Can i download only one dlc for the base game. [CLOSED] Empty Re: Can i download only one dlc for the base game. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Sat 21 Apr 2018, 17:39

Yes, you can stop after Get to Work. 
No probem at all

Back to top Go down

Can i download only one dlc for the base game. [CLOSED] Empty Re: Can i download only one dlc for the base game. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Sat 21 Apr 2018, 17:43

Tarac wrote:Yes, you can stop after Get to Work. 
No probem at all
wow  
you make me happy 
are you sure  
 i need another help if you can 
i downloaded the base game 
and i will download and add get to work only 
is this dlc contain the update required to run or not ?
and do you know which update is it ?
because i didnt download any update since the base game 

and thanks  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Apr 2018, 17:50

First of all, yor install folder should not be in a folder Electronic Arts. Most probably you already MOVED it to Program Fils (x86)\The Sims 4.
No, you cannot update to a newer version, you can run it as it is.

How much diskspace have you left ?
The whole The Sims 4 upt update 1.42.30.1020 takes 26.5 GB
Any available space on anoyther (external) drive perhaps ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Apr 2018, 17:56

Tarac wrote:First of all, yor install folder should not be in a folder Electronic Arts. Most probably you already MOVED it to Program Fils (x86)\The Sims 4.
No, you cannot update to a newer version, you can run it as it is.

How much diskspace have you left ?
The whole The Sims 4 upt update 1.42.30.1020 takes 26.5 GB
Any available space on anoyther (external) drive perhaps ?
sorry i dont understand 

why i need to move the game (i installed it in the default place to avoid problems)
and about DLCs i dont need any of them just (get to work) to save some space  and because i play it on my laptop and its week for all of the dlcs

and i need to update the game for the mods (some of mods require version 1.41 

sooo what you think ??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Apr 2018, 18:11

The Sims 4 won't work correctly when the install folder The Sims 4 is inside another folder such as Electronic Arts.
When it still is in the default location Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, you'll have to move it

1. THE BASE GAME
includes: Origin Digital Deluxe Edition items, Plumbob lamps, Freezer Bunny Award.
Download the torrent for the Base Game (The Sims 4)
When torrent-download is completed extract with Winrar
Click on The Sims 4 setup.exe to start the installation
Whatever you try to change, installation will always go to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4
When installation is completed, MOVE (not copy) the folder The Sims 4 out of the folder Electronic Arts to any suitable location on your computer. This can even be on an external drive. If you don't move it out of Electronic Arts you will get the Origin-error.
Make a new shortcut on your desktop from that new location\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4.exe

After installation of Get to Work, you can download the latest version 1.42.30.1020 and after extraction by Winrar, ONLY COPY from this download the folders described below to your install folder

__Install
Data
Delta
FP01
GP01
EP01
Game
Soundtrack
Support

Don't copy the other folders

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Apr 2018, 18:18

Tarac wrote:The Sims 4 won't work correctly when the install folder The Sims 4 is inside another folder such as Electronic Arts.
When it still is in the default location Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, you'll have to move it

1. THE BASE GAME
includes: Origin Digital Deluxe Edition items, Plumbob lamps, Freezer Bunny Award.
Download the torrent for the Base Game (The Sims 4)
When torrent-download is completed extract with Winrar
Click on The Sims 4 setup.exe to start the installation
Whatever you try to change, installation will always go to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4
When installation is completed, MOVE (not copy) the folder The Sims 4 out of the folder Electronic Arts to any suitable location on your computer. This can even be on an external drive. If you don't move it out of Electronic Arts you will get the Origin-error.
Make a new shortcut on your desktop from that new location\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4.exe

After installation of Get to Work, you can download the latest version 1.42.30.1020 and after extraction by Winrar, ONLY COPY from this download the folders with the same name as the folders in your install folder to your install folder.

__Install
Data
Delta
FP01
GP01
EP01
Game
Soundtrack
Support

Don't copy the other folders
oh   i understand now 
to be informed i installed the game in default location and it works smoothly
but i will follow your instruction and move the game 
but is moving the game will effect the mods ??
or its okay with it ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Apr 2018, 18:19

Your mods are in a different location: User\Your username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.
So they are not effected.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Apr 2018, 18:22

Tarac wrote:Your mods are in a different location: User\Your username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.
really i cant thank you enough 
thanks alot Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Apr 2018, 14:53

Tarac wrote:Your mods are in a different location: User\Your username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.
hi again 
because you are the only one answering question here 
i need your help 
i got problem when start it says 

Game Failed to Load. Error Code: 3

Back to top Go down

Can i download only one dlc for the base game. [CLOSED] Empty Game Failed to Load. Error Code: 3

Post by Guest Sun 22 Apr 2018, 15:34

i dont want all the Dlcs so 
1- i downloaded the base game from here (and it works fine)
2- i only need get to work dlc so i downloaded it and installed it (and it worked fine with me)
3- i wanted to update the game to the last version so i downloaded the 1.42 update from here 
then i only installed 
-installer
-data
-delta
-ep01
-ef01 (didnt find it in the update folders)
-game 
-gp01
-support
and whn i finshed i run the game it works but when i try to start new game or load or even create charachter 
i got messege (Game Failed to Load. Error Code: 3)

i really needs help  ..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Apr 2018, 16:58

Error 3.
Delete present folder Game and then re-copy Game from the latest update/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Apr 2018, 19:24

Tarac wrote:Error 3.
Delete present folder Game and then re-copy Game from the latest update/
THANKS for quick reply 

i tried to install the base game and the update and it worked fine 
and then 
i tried to install the base game and the DLC get to work  and worked fine 
but when i install the three of them i got problems 

i tried to do as you said and now it works perfectly but when i create character i cant select an aspiration    (when i click on it it didnt work like its blank or bug  i dont know what to do 

and i cant start the game without create charachter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Apr 2018, 01:09

Try installing full patch 1.42.30.1020 from here.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 23 Apr 2018, 17:54

Since the discussion is continued in the other thread:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t33100-the-sims-4-alternative-installers-install-dlcs-in-any-order-you-want

I will close this one. Smile  @kimoo, you don't need to open a new thread for every new question. You can also stick to one (1) thread, and use it for all your concerns.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top