Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Failed to Load. Error Code: 3 [SOLVED]

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game Failed to Load. Error Code: 3 [SOLVED] Empty Game Failed to Load. Error Code: 3 [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 11 Jul 2017, 21:24

I'm sorry if this answer is buried somewhere but I've been looking since last night and have tried multiple different "solutions" that haven't solved it for me yet. Sad

My game was working just fine after toddlers & vamps. I tried to install parenthood and fitness stuff last night and when I started my game I got the infinite load screen. I tried to fix it, to no avail, and then ended up uninstalling and then downloading everything over again and reinstalling. Now I'm getting "Game failed to load. error code: 3"

Needless to say, I panicked and I've probably messed things up so bad by uninstalling everything and trying to reinstall. I've definitely renamed the game folder to game_ after vamp update and then deleted it from there after I installed the following the updates. I'm not sure what else to do. I separated my original 'sims 4' folder (with all my saves, mods, tray folder, etc), and have it on my desktop. So a clean game wont even run. Need help please!

Last edited by Ageha on Fri 14 Jul 2017, 19:45; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : change text color to read easier.)

Back to top Go down

Game Failed to Load. Error Code: 3 [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game Failed to Load. Error Code: 3 [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jul 2017, 15:35

hi, I'm just gonna copy + paste what I wrote to you in another thread.

Hi there,

So the current error is still the above? It seems it's not mod-related since your Sims 4 folder in Documents have been moved out. Try to manually uninstall the Sims 4, which you can read it here. And then install the game again, pack by pack, you can test it after each EP and see if the error is still there.

Back to top Go down

Game Failed to Load. Error Code: 3 [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game Failed to Load. Error Code: 3 [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jul 2017, 15:47

I appreciate it. Didn't mean to double post the same issue. I left a comment on the other post originally and then thought it might be better to make my own. I am going to try this process of uninstalling and re-installing again today and see if somehow the stars have aligned for me. Haha. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for your time in answering. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jul 2017, 15:49

And after reading the link you sent it occurs to me that I might not have uninstalled it correctly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jul 2017, 15:55

anyluckystarx wrote:And after reading the link you sent it occurs to me that I might not have uninstalled it correctly.
Hi there, no worries. I'm actually just lazy to type it out instead. Haha. Well, people don't normally uninstall them like that, since mostly we just uninstall them in control panel. But do keep me updated (or the rest of us) on your progress here!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jul 2017, 20:22

I am working on re-downloading & extracting all game files. I will start installing them one by one soon. My question is: When I install the toddler & vamp update, do I try to start the game from the original 'game' folder? Or is that the folder I rename to 'game_' and remove? Also, after I remove the 'Game_' folder, will all the necessary files be replaced after installing the parenthood update?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jul 2017, 21:34

It was going good until I installed Get Together. Then it gave me the Origin error. I moved 'The Sims 4' folder from 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4' to 'C:\Program Files\The Sims 4' and it then it started right up.

Installed City Living with no problems.
Installed Vamps & Toddlers with no problems.
Yes! Installed Parenthood with no problems!
Okay. Fitness Stuff has also installed with no problems.

If I can actually get my game working again after I thought I lost my 5 generation sim-self family, it will make my day!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jul 2017, 22:09

So my 'tray' folder merged with no problem, but there is something about my 'saves' folder that it doesn't like. It gave me the error code 3 again. Any suggestions? Is there another file(s) that needs to be moved over OTHER than my 'saves' folder to play my old game?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jul 2017, 22:13

Game Failed to Load. Error Code: 3 [SOLVED] Savess10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jul 2017, 22:41

Okay. I tried to start a new game. I have a blank world select screen! I removed the 'tray' folder too. Now I'm really stuck. 
Game Failed to Load. Error Code: 3 [SOLVED] Blankw10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jul 2017, 22:44

I don't really know much about save files, but I have a question.
Did the game work before you merge/paste your old saves?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jul 2017, 22:48

KidDude wrote:I don't really know much about save files, but I have a question.

Yes, so I deleted 'The Sims 4' folder from my documents and went back to a clean game and when I tried to start a new game, with a new family, it gave me a completely blank world select screen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jul 2017, 22:49

anyluckystarx wrote:

Yes, so I deleted 'The Sims 4' folder from my documents and went back to a clean game and when I tried to start a new game, with a new family, it gave me a completely blank world select screen.
Maybe that is a problem with corrupted files? Have you tried re-downloading before?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jul 2017, 22:50

And I should probably add that when I was testing the games as I installed them I didn't try to start a new family ... I just made sure that the game would start and then exited and went to install the next expansion...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jul 2017, 22:51

KidDude wrote:
anyluckystarx wrote:

Maybe that is a problem with corrupted files? Have you tried re-downloading before?

I re-downloaded and re-installed everything today. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jul 2017, 22:54

anyluckystarx wrote:
KidDude wrote:
anyluckystarx wrote:

I re-downloaded and re-installed everything today. Sad
Can you tell me how you did install the game step by step?
You may have done something wrong.
Have a good read here and check the steps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jul 2017, 23:01

anyluckystarx wrote:It was going good until I installed Get Together. Then it gave me the Origin error. I moved 'The Sims 4' folder from 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4' to 'C:\Program Files\The Sims 4' and it then it started right up.

If I can actually get my game working again after I thought I lost my 5 generation sim-self family, it will make my day!!

I tried to outline my installation process step by step earlier in this thread. But to add to this, I made sure to follow that guide explicitly and I changed the 'game' folder to 'game_' after vamps and toddlers. I then installed parenthood, deleted the 'game_' folder and the program started up with no problem. However, I didn't try to go through CAS to world select. I was only making sure the game started.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jul 2017, 23:09

anyluckystarx wrote:
anyluckystarx wrote:It was going good until I installed Get Together. Then it gave me the Origin error. I moved 'The Sims 4' folder from 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4' to 'C:\Program Files\The Sims 4' and it then it started right up.

I tried to outline my installation process step by step earlier in this thread. But to add to this, I made sure to follow that guide explicitly and I changed the 'game' folder to 'game_' after vamps and toddlers. I then installed parenthood, deleted the 'game_' folder and the program started up with no problem. However, I didn't try to go through CAS to world select. I was only making sure the game started.
This problem is so mysterious, never seen it before! @Ageha have any ideas? Why.
Hmm, maybe try to use ZLOrigin?
It's an alternate way for playing The Sims 4, It is the same as Origin, Download the program, Make an account at their site, Log in with the account on ZCLIENT.exe, Then enter ZLorigin, Boom TS4 will be in your library. (ask @Tarac for further information)
But don't use this way until you are 100% sure that the problem with your game doesn't have a solution.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jul 2017, 23:11

But have you installed the vcredist of the game?
You will find them in here::
The Sims 4\__Installer\vc\vc2013\redist
The Sims 4\__Installer\vc\vc2010sp1\redist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jul 2017, 23:16

Game Failed to Load. Error Code: 3 [SOLVED] Redist10

Both of those folder are present with 2 .exe files in each. Do I need to open them?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jul 2017, 23:22

Install both of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jul 2017, 23:31

It's still a blank world screen after going through CAS. Sad

(Thanks so much for your time...)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jul 2017, 23:33

Have you tried entering TS4.exe instead of TS4_x64.exe or vice versa?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jul 2017, 23:34

@Tarac Any ideas?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jul 2017, 23:37

KidDude wrote:Have you tried entering TS4.exe instead of TS4_x64.exe or vice versa?

I have only used TS4_x64.exe so far. I just tried TSR.exe with no difference.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top