Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After Installing Seasons I have an Infinite Loading Screen?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

After Installing Seasons I have an Infinite Loading Screen? Empty After Installing Seasons I have an Infinite Loading Screen?

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jun 2018, 05:57

I installed season and I am sure I followed the directions right! But basically, when I click play on a household it is stuck on an infinite loading screen! I tried to re-install it and even deleted some mods, but it's like this with all my households.

Back to top Go down

After Installing Seasons I have an Infinite Loading Screen? Empty Re: After Installing Seasons I have an Infinite Loading Screen?

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jun 2018, 09:35

First try to play game vanilla! without any mods. move your saves, tray and mods folder to desktop. If it works, you know the problem is mods related. At sims VIP you will find a very lond list of mods, that broke the game.

Back to top Go down

After Installing Seasons I have an Infinite Loading Screen? Empty Re: After Installing Seasons I have an Infinite Loading Screen?

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jun 2018, 17:22

I had the infinite loading screen too after picking my household and choosing a season to start with. Then I checked the broken links list over at SimsVIP, and found that MC Command center had a new update! Updated it and now the game works fine so far!
So it's most likely a mod affecting it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jun 2018, 18:02

It's definitely mods. Had the same problem, or it kept taking me back to Worlds. So I turned off mods & CC for now until people get the chance to update it. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jun 2018, 17:51

I had the same problem.  I updated some mods that involved script files, such as MC Command Center, UI Cheats Extension at MTS and Wicked Whims.  They all have updates for Seasons.  Another I deleted that has no present update is CAS FullEditMode always on.  Deleted that one, updated the other three, game runs fine now.  Hope that helps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jun 2018, 05:33

Some CC as well also causes it. I tried both turning on/off mods by itself, loaded it, same issue. When I turned off Mods AND CC together, it works fine. So be wary of CC at the moment too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Jul 2018, 02:13

I have this problem! I don't have any CC or mods installed and everything was working fine yesterday but now when I go to load the game, I get an infinite loading screen when selecting the household to play. I gave in and deleted all my saved files etc, and now it's an infinite circle when trying to save a new household after starting a new game???

//EDIT

Okay nevermind, I can now get into my Sims household (had to make a new one though, new save game and everything!) but now, I have an infinite save screen! It saved fine just after I went into the lot. I made her do some fishing, it saved fine again, and then I went into build mode and changed the lot traits. Tried to save from build/buy and BOOM, infinite save screen. Restarted the same, did the same thong, did some fishing and had a good quick save. Did lot traits again but THIS TIME I went back into live mode. Then I hit "save"... Infinite save screen. This was all working fine yesterday!? I haventh done anything to settings or added any CC/mods!?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jul 2018, 12:43

I have the same issue but it's a little different. I can't even get to the menu, I click the sims 4 icon to load the game and the maxis intro and things start but then the loading screen just loops, so I can't get to the main menu where you pick a save. My game has been working fine for the past few weeks after the Seasons patch but I haven't played in a few days and now I can't access my game. I did download some custom content the other day, however, so I'm going to try and load the game without my mods folder. If it works, then I'll figure out what CC broke my game, if not, I'll have to come back here and see if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jul 2018, 13:55

tylr17 wrote:I have the same issue but it's a little different. I can't even get to the menu, I click the sims 4 icon to load the game and the maxis intro and things start but then the loading screen just loops, so I can't get to the main menu where you pick a save. My game has been working fine for the past few weeks after the Seasons patch but I haven't played in a few days and now I can't access my game. I did download some custom content the other day, however, so I'm going to try and load the game without my mods folder. If it works, then I'll figure out what CC broke my game, if not, I'll have to come back here and see if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix it

I removed my mods folder and loaded the game and it didn't change anything, so I'm guessing my game is broken and I'm not too sure how to go about fixing it at all. Anyone have any suggestions?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jul 2018, 14:26

@tylr17 Try this and post the result here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jul 2018, 15:51

I managed to fix it somehow, I have no idea what I did I was just messing with my files and I ended up finding out that my game was using the backup Sims 4 file on my desktop rather than my documents/electronic arts/the Sims 4 folder so I renamed the desktop file to sims 4 backup and lost the only save I actually play - It disappeared from both folders and I had to just put my backup from last month into my save file. But now, when I go into my game and try to build or play a household, it loads and then takes me straight back to the map. I don't know what the hell is going on with my game as it's been working perfectly the entire time I've had it (since February)

I'm doing the validate installation and I'll let you know if that comes up with anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jul 2018, 16:41

Looks like I'm missing a few files I think? This is what came back in the report

report:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jul 2018, 16:46

tylr17 wrote:Looks like I'm missing a few files I think? This is what came back in the report

report:
You're not missing anything at all:
The Hash mismatch is probably because you eneterd a graphics Card manually
The unknown file is needed for ZLOrigin.

I think your problem is mod-related.
Start a "fresh" game by naming the folder The Sims 4 in Documents\Electronic Arts to The Sims 4_old and restart the game

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jul 2018, 22:43

Tarac wrote:
tylr17 wrote:Looks like I'm missing a few files I think? This is what came back in the report

report:
You're not missing anything at all:
The Hash mismatch is probably because you eneterd a graphics Card manually
The unknown file is needed for ZLOrigin.

I think your problem is mod-related.
Start a "fresh" game by naming the folder The Sims 4 in Documents\Electronic Arts to The Sims 4_old and restart the game

Yep, it was mod related. I accidentally put my old mods folder from my backup folder in my new sims 4 folder for some reason, no idea how I managed that but it's all fixed now haha. Thank you for your help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top