Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monitor out of sync Issue. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Monitor out of sync Issue. [SOLVED] Empty Monitor out of sync Issue. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 25 Jun 2018, 18:23

Hi there,

Firstly, thank you very much for your hard work to provide these downloads for us. Much appreciated Carlos is tha man!!! 

I have downloaded the Sims 4 all in download and the recently released Season+Update. All seems well but when I start the game (as admin) my computer shows the ''No input signal'' with a black screen. Don't know the proper English translation but in Dutch: Signaal buiten bereik/ Instellingen wijzigen in 1024x768-60Hz.
It's a monitor/graphic card issue pretty sure but how to fix this, if at all possible? I've tried to adjust to the suggested 2560x1600 setting manually but my graphic card won't let me, resets it to default.

Far from ideal but:
Intel core i5-3470 CPU 3.20 GHz
8Gb RAM Intel graphics 4000

I've read that some say Sims 4 won't work on lower graphic cards (Intel graphics especially) and then others say it's possible but on lower settings. Hope it's possible to fix the issue.
I've recently downloaded and played the Sims 3 Repack, enjoyed it very much and no issues there, ofcourse this has other requirements than the Sims 4.

Any ideas?

Back to top Go down

Monitor out of sync Issue. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Monitor out of sync Issue. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 25 Jun 2018, 18:31

The Sims 4 is less demanding than the Sims 3
Have you tried a re-boot of your computer ?
Also, remove the file Config.log from Mijn Documenten\Electronic Arts\De Sims 4 en start het spel opnieuw

Back to top Go down

Monitor out of sync Issue. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Monitor out of sync Issue. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 25 Jun 2018, 18:49

How would I go about a re-boot? *EDIT I realise you meant restarting the computer *laughs at self* but yes, I did.

The Electronics folder doesn't contain the file Config.log...
It does have the Config file so minus the log.

Also I've noticed that after I started up the game, now the Electronic arts folder has two The sims 4 folders. Is it normal that a new The Sims 4 folder creates/copies itself to Electronic arts folder, after launching the game?

** I am trying to attach screenshots but somehow unsucessful.

Last edited by DumDum on Mon 25 Jun 2018, 20:30; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removing text and adding new information.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Jun 2018, 22:11

Someone said that applying My First Pet Stuff (or one of 2 updates that came between MFPS and Seasons), changing settings to minimum and applying Seasons again let them run the game. Not exactly the same error but won't hurt to try.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Jun 2018, 22:39

Thank you Tarac and Anadius1 for your suggestions, much appreciated!

I have found a solution that seems to work so far (yay)! I changed monitors.
This monitor made resolution adjustments automatically when I launched the game, now set at 1.400x1.050. Solved, awesome! Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 25 Jun 2018, 23:45

DumDum wrote:Thank you Tarac and Anadius1 for your suggestions, much appreciated!

I have found a solution that seems to work so far (yay)! I changed monitors.
This monitor made resolution adjustments automatically when I launched the game, now set at 1.400x1.050. Solved, awesome! Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks for letting us know, and have fun with the game! Problem solved, topic closed. Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top